Closed Thread
Page 39 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoon everyone - really, I am so sick of this rain!

I just got a call from my FS office, and I'm now going to do a long down OCP treatment instead of antagonist. FS's secretary just said FS changed his mind and to let me know. Bummed as it's a longer cycle. And I've also realised that it's probably going to be longer until I actually start as I still have to do the standard pre-IVF bloodtests (HIV, HEP B&C, FSH, etc) which won’t be taken until day 1 of next AF. So I'm assuming that I'll have to wait until AF after that to start?!

What day did those of you who did long down cycles start taking the OCP on? Hopefully it’s day 4 or 5 because the blood test results only take a couple of days to come back, so they might let me scrape in... or am I just dreaming?

Sorry for all the questions - just all so new!

Lindylou - thank you, and congrats to you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bella798 - I don't really think that the extra session helped make the BFP, but it was still nice to have that session.
    It was on that same day as the extra session that I noticed my progesterone rising (using my boob detectors and an increased sense of general warmth), so presumably implantation had commenced earlier. Maybe the back massage that my guy did helped increase blood flow to convince the embryo to stick around. (I love the reflexology foot massages too, but he was much gentler for PUPO than normally.)
    Unfortunately he doesn't work weekends.

Mac8 - I'm sorry, but I can't answer any of your questions. I had my pre-IVF bloodtests at my very first FS appt. I've never used OCP, not even on a LDR cycle.
    Last edited by felicita; 08-02-2012 at 16:30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Felicita I am so happy for you

AFM another scan and BT today, follies are growing which is good, the lead follie is now 24mm with the next at 16 then 14 and 12 and about 5 more under 10. Bloods came back good as well, the extra jab each day must be keeping the big O under control for now. Back on Friday for another scan and bloods and fingers and toes that EPU will be Monday, but not wanting to look that far forward as dont want to be overly disappointed again if it is cancelled on Friday. Thank you everyone for your support and advice (on what could be considered silly questions ), it does make this journey easier with you all.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay felictia.. Such awesome news

I've noticed my abdomen is quite warm most of the time.. Not sure if that's good or not ..

I haven't had any hot flushes though so maybe the progesterone isn't affecting me that way.. Hmm

Praying my little emby is safe and found in there xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long road so bask in the glory of cloud nine you deserve to!!!! So so happy for you & your DH!!!!!

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Alson - I always get lots of EWCM on a stim, to the point where I was convinced I'd ovulated. Never have though luckily!

Quartz - awwww I was so hoping that you had the same experience as me and got your BFP after a neg HPT. Good on you for getting straight back into it though. Enjoy your time out!

Lindylou - I must say well done for keeping the roll call spot on and for doing such awesome detailed personals. Oh and of course the small matter of two perfect embies waiting for a home!

Pink butterfly -12 days? Wow!! Where has this year gone. Would love to see your photos when I figure out how.

Peonies - yay for getting those ducks lined up. Roll on march hey?!

Felicita - yippeeee! Those are awesome numbers. I think mine were about 125 and 35 at 16 DPO last time.

TTHC - hope the trigger went ok. This cycle DOES seem to have gone quick. Fingers crossed for a good haul on Friday!

AFM - sitting here trying not to interpret everything as a symptom. I went on the tea cups ride at Lollipops play centre on Tuesday and felt dizzy in a way I've only felt when I was pregnant with DS. Went on same ride last week and felt fine. I know the progesterone capsules mimic symptoms but my heart is still hoping. I'm 13 days from my original due date and my BT is in less than 9 days. I won't feel so sad if I get the right result.
    On another subject, I was reading a study (quite old now, 2004, so may be been superseded), which showed that fresh transfers had a higher rate of boys because male embryos cleave more quickly and would therefore be picked as the 'stronger one' for a fresh transfer. Interesting!

DH just got back fom Townsville so I'd better run. Night all.
    Last edited by lola77; 09-02-2012 at 05:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lola77 and others who've been pg - Is dizziness a real pg symptom then?
    I'd been assuming that my dizziness was because I commenced weaning off my antidepressants on Friday.

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    May not be a credible source but take a look http://www.ehow.com/facts_5951275_ca...regnancy_.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lola77 For This Useful Post:

felicita  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all the Sydney ladies and welcome to all the new ones...wow this has become busy in here since I posted last.I read the updates when they are emailed, but don't come online very often

Firstly congrats Felicita your news has given me a badly needed lift

I will apologise for the ME post..and being MIA,but I am once again devastated after number 12 transfer in January turned out to be a BFN. I had such high hopes after the surgery to remove my tubes was done in November. Hubby was in Melbourne which made it worse, then when he returned he was so tired he had dinner and went to bed - all without a hug

We are probably going to have another double FET this month, but I barely think I am even in the right frame to go ahead. I am even thinking of taking some prednisone - just so I know I have done everything - even though FS is against it.

I just don't know where to from here...I never would have imagined that I would still be on this journey

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems I can't edit my last post - but if anyone has taken prednisone for a FET, I appreciate any info you can supply on dosages