Closed Thread
Page 21 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks bebehvala. Not near me though. We're in the inner west, so would most likely go North Shore.

How far along are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Thanks bebehvala. Not near me though. We're in the inner west, so would most likely go North Shore.

How far along are you?
    Just over 9 weeks - It feels like I've been PG for a lifetime.
    I so wanna know that the really scary 12 weeks is over and share our news with the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

It's been such a long time since I did a proper post...I do read every couple of days on my phone but it's so annoying to try and do personals on it!

Firstly, a big to Jeb, Berecka and Peonies. I hope you all find this special group helpful and supportive. Best of luck with your IVF journey

Now...I was going to attempt to do personals on the comp while using my phone to read back, but now my app isn't working so now I'm going from memory... so I'm sorry if I get it wrong or miss you!

LindyLou- Congrats on your embies! You're having PGD testing done now, not a transfer, right? I saw our acupuncturist this morning, he thanked me for referring you and told me he was very impressed by how much you know about TCM!!

Traveler - Glad to hear you're going OK. I hope the cramping stops soon.

TTHC - It's been a little while since I've seen you on here. I'm sorry you had a crap finish to 2011. 2012 will be better for all of us, hopefully Your Dad sounds like an absolute trooper and I hope he kicks cancer's a$$! I'm heading back to NGF next month so maybe I'll run into you one day..

Felicita - Hope your cycle is going well. I'm sorry you didn't get to say a proper goodbye to your nurses etc. Hope the new commute to the Kogarah (?) clinic is going OK.

Nat - what a long cycle! Hopefully Clomid does it's job this month. When is your wedding?

Quartz - How are you? Hope you're enjoying your holidays

Pink B - A little over 4 weeks to go according to your ticker. How exciting! Do you have the nursery etc all set up?

EO - Do you find yoga relaxing? I've always wanted to try it but I seem to have a hard time switching off my brain (even during acu) so I'm not sure if I'd find it relaxing...

Lola - How are you? Did you do/are you doing an FET this month?

Paddlegirl - how did your appt go this week? Do you have a plan?

Bebehvala - I haven't really been posting since you've joined the thread, so hello and congrats on your BFP! I'm sorry you've had such bad MS, but glad you Dr gave you something that seems to help.

Crofty - I read back pages and couldn't find a post from you! But hi, hope all is well

I know I must have forgotten some people - sorry!!!

AFM - DH & I just returned from a beautiful week in Vanuatu. Had an awesome time and I don't think I thought of TTC/IVF once!

I saw my FS before XMas to get test results and plan a new stim cycle. Test results (clotting & chromosome tests) showed nothing of concern. FS wants to do a long down reg cycle. AF just came yesterday which means I start jabbing something on Feb 8/day 21. If I calculated correctly EPU should be late Feb/early March. He is also going to add in steriods, antibiotics, clexane etc etc. I asked if it was similar to the Colorado protocol and he said it's his version of it?!

Anyways...hope you are all well and I'm sending those of you currently cycling tons of baby dust
    Last edited by Bella978; 20-01-2012 at 14:22.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe: Woo hoo for 9 weeks, yes i agree it does feel like you have been pregnant for a lot longer. Your OB sounds wonderful, so glad you like him, it’s so important to like who will be seeing you for the next 7 months. Yay for Zofran, hope its making a huge difference for you – how often do you have to take it?

Jeb: Hope your week is better than the start of the week. One huge piece of advice i can give – that i really wish that people told me about before i started: Follicles don’t equal eggs. So if your FS scanned and said 22 follicles, i doubt very much that you will have that many collected. You can usually tell how many mature eggs you will get by the Estrogen level just before the pickup. How are you going hon. did you have a follow up BT and US? Any sign of when EPU will likely be?

Peoniesarepretty: Glad to hear your appointment went well. I can totally tell you from experience that OHSS 5ucks. Not only does it delay your transfer and stuffs up your cycles but it also is very painful. I had it on my last stim cycle in July and then didn’t get to transfer until end of November as everything was so screwed from the super high levels. Not pleasant at all. It’s great your FS is being cautious about it. March sounds like a long time away but it will be here before you know it.

Traveler: Hope the cramping has eased up hon, it’s not pleasant at all. Have you thought about getting acu now to ensure you Ovulate on time and your body recovers quicker so you can move onto the stim cycle sooner? Another thing after your MC is to make sure you eat lots of Iron as your body can be really depleted from it after everything you have been though. Great to know you did some of those techniques last cycle.

Felicita: Glad to hear everything is coming along nicely this cycle hon. Very interesting about the left side and pg, i have never heard that before. I was told by my clinic that there is a world shortage of Pregnyl at the moment so that’s why they are going back to Ovidril for triggering and also the pessaries or crinone for the LP support. Your VM to text post made me laugh so much. I spent ages trying to figure out what she must have been saying for the message to come out like that.

Quartz: That’s perfect timing for your ET and a few rest days before going back to work. I too got a script for the new capsules and am looking forward to trying them out, it’s great that we don’t need to lay down after each one anymore. Hope your internet gets sorted soon, there is nothing more frustrating that bad internet connections.

Paddlegirl: Your trip away sounds awesome, so glad to hear you enjoyed the time away and took advantage of the pre pregnancy activities like wine tasting. When is your appointment with your FS to follow up on your tests?

TTHC: Glad i can make you smile honey. I am on the countdown with you for AF to show up and that biatch better not be late to your panty party. Are you doing weekly acupuncture in the lead up to your next cycle? I love that 1 hour a week where i can lay there and just relax, and it’s great to have someone to talk to about all the side effects of IVF etc and then they can help with any symptoms. My acu has kind of become like a counsellor for me and i always spend an extra half an hour just talking with her about everything.

Lindylou: So glad to hear your little embryos are doing so fantastic. I now have everything crossed for you that you have brilliant biopsy results and can get your FET cycle underway next month with top notch embryos. I am still in awe of the amazing success rates they are able to give you form the CGH cycles.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, and hopefully the weather will be nice.

AFM: First BT today for this natural FET cycle and Estrogen is still very low so looks like ovulation is still a while off yet so back again Monday (CD14) for another BT then hopefully a BT and US on Wednesday. I think my arms will be very bruised from this cycle. Just hope i don’t have another cancelled cycle – which would be very weird considering last month was perfect 28 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=EternalOptimist;6323557]Jeb: Hope your week is better than the start of the week. One huge piece of advice i can give – that i really wish that people told me about before i started: Follicles don’t equal eggs. So if your FS scanned and said 22 follicles, i doubt very much that you will have that many collected. You can usually tell how many mature eggs you will get by the Estrogen level just before the pickup. How are you going hon. did you have a follow up BT and US? Any sign of when EPU will likely be?
    QUOTE]

Hi EO

Yeah, even though I have 22 follicles I don't expect that many to be eggs.. even if my FS did call them eggs.. lol.. As long as they get enough without causing me OHSS then I will be happy..

I did notice CM when I went to the loo before so I really hope that my body doesn't try and ovulate by itself.. that would be annoying..

I have another blood test and US on Monday (not sure why they didn't want to do it sooner, but, they know best).. I asked them on Wednesday and they said more than likely EPU will be on Wednesday (25th) with 3 day transfer on Saturday (28th).

I have everything crossed that my body is behaving, that my levels are high enough to give enough eggs, and that DH's sperm do what they are meant to in order to create some nice, healthy embies, and above all, and what I hope and pray for the most is that one of those nice healthy embies becomes a perfect little bubby..

I have been having slight ovary pain, so perhaps the increase of Gonal-F to 150 (from 112.5) is helping to make them a nice size and nice and mature for next Wednesday

At the moment I'm being hopeful, because the harsh reality of anything else is too much to think about right now..

Jen

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella: Sorry i missed your post; i think we must have been posting at the same time. I love Yoga and acu, it took a while for me to get used to it as i wasn’t a big fan of meditation ever, maybe around 2 months but now i use the time to get into a great headspace to deal with everything IVF, i still don’t really meditate just try and focus on my breathing and no negative thoughts etc. So wonderful to hear about your fab holiday to Vanuatu, what was the weather like? Did you have a few sneaky cocktails? The new protocol sounds awesome, even though the long down regs are so much longer i prefer them, our embryos were so much better quality as they all grew at the same pace and we got a lot more overall as well.

Jeb: Try not to stress about the cervical mucus, it just means your Estrogen is rising with all the stims. Mine gets that much towards pick up that i have to wear a panty liner (TMI). There are so many steps along this journey and we just have to take one day at a time. It’s great you can feel some things, i always get a little uncomfortable towards the end but it’s always reassurance for me that something is going on in there. All the best for your BT and US on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got a day for EPU - Monday afternoon. That should make the travelling easier, but will need to set the alarm to administer trigger shot at 2 am Sunday morning.
    Still waiting to hear back from them on whether I need to get another Luveris for Saturday evening. I guess that's an answer I'll need to chase up tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to keep you in suspense, we left for our camping trip on Thurs & reception here is lousy! From our 6 embies, 3 were able to be biopsied & frozen. Now we wait 4 nail biting wks for the results!

Sorry for no personals, typing this on my phone. Will catch up when I'm home next Thurs. Good luck to Felicita & Jen for EPU, and Quartz for FET!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindy - That's such great news. What have you got planned over the next 4 weeks to keep your mind busy, busy? Have a great rest of the camping trip.

everyone, hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

AFM - I got FIRED! Yup, I was contracting [cause I found my real job way to stressful while doing IVF] and the boss was none to pleased with how sick I've been and how much time off I've had to have. I'm not that surprised as I imagine it's very annoying BUT she is PG herself and I was thinking she may be a bit more compassionate. Anyways, DH says take the time and relax and wait till I feel consistently free from MS before looking for more work. It's gonna be tough and I'll only need a job for about 5 months, and not sure how many places will be keep for a preggers lady to temp. Ahhh well who cares I am PG and that's all that matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita- good luck for tomorrow, hope you get a BIG surprise and wake up to double figure eggies!!!! Good luck waking up for trigger (and going back to sleep after)

Bebe- I can't believe you were fired!!!! Did your boss know you are pregnant?

Bella- welcome back to reality

Will be back tomorrow for proper personals