Closed Thread
Page 20 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    jeb8303 - I don't know much about LH. Generally my levels slowly drop during the stim phase. With 2 days of luveris injections mine went up from 1.1 on Monday to 1.9 today (at the start of this cycle it was at 2.2 or 2.4 or something like that). This is the first cycle I've used luveris. The FN said they like LH to remain above 1, so you're not down there yet.

LH is normally stored in your pituitary until you dump a whole lot of it into your body at once to trigger ovulation. Synarel empties the pituitary twice a day so you can't store up a big LH surge, therefore you won't ovulate on your own but will use a trigger injection before EPU. I wouldn't go drawing any conclusions about LH deficiency while you're deliberately tampering with it's level.

On a previous cycle (which prompted my FS to include low-dose Pregnyl in my protocols) my LH got down to 0.5-0.6 or thereabouts. I asked the Prof if low LH is a cause or effect of having bad eggs and he said they didn't know enough about it to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On my phone with VERY little phone reception so can't do personals sorry.

Just wanted to say you girls have been making me laugh and laugh!!!! I look like a crazy person!

EO - thanks for info in foods. Honestly, in my tww I ate HEAPS of sweet potato and carrot and I wore woolen socks the whole time. I also did lots and lots of laughing (prob cause of the time of year and seeing so many friends)

Felicita, Jeb, lindy, quartz, EO and TTHC ( so many of you) good luck with your EPU's and ET's!!!! I just hope I will be joining you all in the due date threads...I feel left out already.

Afm- still really crampy!!! I swear, if I were 9 months pregnant I would have been in hospital last night...giving birth!! I thought having a D&C was the lesser painful option.
    Could someone please pm me the details for the accu guy out west (is it in glenmore park?) think I need it for relaxation!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks The Time Has Come & Paddlegirl!

Well, we had our appointment with the FS at IVFA this morning. It was good, but he is a bit concerned about how to proceed with me. I'd had an ultrasound as a follow-up after my myomectomy last year & was told everything looked good, except for a couple of tiny fibroids that are too small to be removed. And in fact the radiographer remarked at the time how good my ovaries looked beacuse they had "so many eggs forming". The gyno didn't say anything about that - just that I was clearly ovulating & that was good ... and I know I am, because I've had extreme ovulation pain since the surgery.

So I was thinking my ovaries were very good (if a little sensitive). But I took that u/s report & images along today because I thought it might be helpful, and the FS zeroed straight in on my ovaries as a potential concern. Maybe it's only a problem when it comes to IVF, but he was concerned that having so many follicles could easily lead to over stimulation with the drugs. So he's going to take it slowly and go low dose on me, and if the eggs take a bit longer to mature, so be it. That suits me - I don't want to be over stimulated, sounds horrible! He said, after everything else we've been through, the last thing he wants is to cause any other problems. Here we were thinking it was all straightforward for me & it was just a question of whether DH has any sperm!

But anyway, we signed onto the sperm donor waiting list. Wish we could have done this months ago when we were trying to move things along but not getting anywhere, as we'd be at the top of the list now! He said it was only about 2-3 months wait at the moment. We have a counselling appointment in 2 weeks, and another appointment with FS in 3 weeks - he wants to talk to Dr G and work out a plan of action for scheduling us. Unfortunately because of some work commitments for my DH he can't have the microdissection until March, which is highly annoying. I hate waiting!

So we'll see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    jeb8303 - I don't know much about LH. Generally my levels slowly drop during the stim phase. With 2 days of luveris injections mine went up from 1.1 on Monday to 1.9 today (at the start of this cycle it was at 2.2 or 2.4 or something like that). This is the first cycle I've used luveris. The FN said they like LH to remain above 1, so you're not down there yet.

LH is normally stored in your pituitary until you dump a whole lot of it into your body at once to trigger ovulation. Synarel empties the pituitary twice a day so you can't store up a big LH surge, therefore you won't ovulate on your own but will use a trigger injection before EPU. I wouldn't go drawing any conclusions about LH deficiency while you're deliberately tampering with it's level.

On a previous cycle (which prompted my FS to include low-dose Pregnyl in my protocols) my LH got down to 0.5-0.6 or thereabouts. I asked the Prof if low LH is a cause or effect of having bad eggs and he said they didn't know enough about it to say.
    Felicita

You are a world of knowledge and have made me happy!! I knew that my spray stopped the hormones but I wasn't sure how.. I guess what worried me was that I had been using the Luveris for 2 days and it went down instead of up

But they said it was ok and that EPU is still all on track for Wednesday

I'm such a worry wort that I read into everything far too much.. I guess it worried me that maybe I don't ovulate normally (even though my period comes every month)..

Thank you again.. You are a wealth of knowledge... They did say that they don't actually 'test' for LH after having started Luveris.. But with 22 follies (or eggs as my FS said) I am happy with that and just that they get bigger with the increase in Gonal-F (which I'm guessing is why they increased the Gonal-F - or to increase my FSH levels).

Argghhh how have you beautiful ladies done this sooo much. Having a baby is not meant to be this hard.. I hate hearing people complain about how much their child is costing them.. All I can think is trying spending thousands upon thousands upon thousands to just get that baby...

Thanks again
    Last edited by jeb8303; 18-01-2012 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Hi Ladies

So blood test came back..

My LH has gone down to 1.1??? How can this be? Can anyone explain how the whole LH levels work?

She said to me that its working and that they don't specifically test LH once Luveris is started.

I'm sooooo confused... I don't know whether them going down is good or not because I thought anything as low as mine was LH Deficient.. NOOOOOOOO... Maybe I am the reason why we aren't getting pregnant as well

Meanwhile, my Gonal-F has increased to 150. Possibly to increase size of eggs but I don't know.

I hate this

Jen
    Jen, sorry I can't help you with your q's. But I can offer some very helpful advise that really hoped me with ICSI #2 - try not to worry and fret about the day to day details of levels etc and just focus on taking the meds as directed, staying relaxed. I know Iit's super hard, but you'll feel all the better for it I promise.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bebehvala View Post
    Jen, sorry I can't help you with your q's. But I can offer some very helpful advise that really hoped me with ICSI #2 - try not to worry and fret about the day to day details of levels etc and just focus on taking the meds as directed, staying relaxed. I know Iit's super hard, but you'll feel all the better for it I promise.

xx

Thanks hunnie ...

I am just going to relax and what will be will be.. easier said than done but I've just got to trust them..

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - glad to hear your embryo's are powering along . I hope they are all still on track for day 5 and you get a good bunch to do PGD on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindy - how did the embies go today?

AFM - I'm in love with my OB. he is super nice and totally warn and caring. He did a quick scan, I heard the heart beat and tears rolled down my cheeks. PLUS he have me Zofran. Happy happy days!!!

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 19-01-2012 at 18:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - what day are your embies now?

bebehvala - who is your ob? (information gathering in advance can never hurt )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Lindylou - what day are your embies now?

bebehvala - who is your ob? (information gathering in advance can never hurt )
    OB is Dr. George Hardas. He was suggested by my FS, and two friends. He is brilliant. Even if it's just one visit LOL.

Are you out west? He is t Norwest Private and Westmead Private.

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.