Closed Thread
Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Jeb: Try not to stress too much with these things hon, there is so much that happens in an IVF cycle and the levels are only slightly off where they want them to be. Like Traveler said, the first cycle really is a trial to see how yoru body responds to the drugs. I too have spent the last 2 years cursing my body even though we are doing IVF due to MFI. How did your Luveris injections go? When is your next BT and US?
    Thanks EO.. I'm just trying to not worry too much.. I'm feeling ok today about the whole thing.. Poor DH.. He said to me last night "I'm so sorry you are going through this".. I was feeling hormonal so jokingly told him that I hope they have to get his spermies with a needle.. LOL.. It was mean but I felt better.. lol

OMG the Luveris hurt.. I got 2 days worth (yesterday and today) at a whopping $320.. holy hell.. this is the drug that will kill my bank balance... The needle didn't hurt (thank god I'm not a needle phobe.. I also couldn't get anyone else to do it because I need that control) but when I started squirting the injection OMG.. it killed...

Of course, I was still pushing the thing (like I do with my Gonal-F pen as I remove it) so I did end up with liquid on my belly..

My scan and blood test are tomorrow morning, which is day 8.. I'm crossing fingers that they will tell me tomorrow when EPU will be.. I just need to know that date..

When in your cycle do they generally do EPU (tomorrow will be day 8)?

I'd love for them to do EPU next Wednesday so that I can recover at home on Thursday but then EPU on Thursday means I wouldn't have to take a day off work (but, work are fantastic, I've only been here since September - DH got me the job - and they are just so understanding.. one of the girls in our team went through 7 cycles of IVF before she got her little man, she is due back from 12 months leave in April)

So work understand and are so supportive. I'm on a 12 month contract, due to finish 14th September, so an October baby would be PERFECT, but as life has shown me, I am not in control of anything.. (as much as I try to be. .lol)

Eagerly awaiting tomorrow... I'm still so nervous about being knocked out for the EPU (I've never had an operation so I'm actually really petrified) but excited at the same time..

Our FS will be doing 3 day transfer, sometimes I think I want 5 day transfer just so I know that they emby's have developed past 3 days..

And I'll be telling them tomorrow I want to do all ICSI and see what they say..

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - I almost feel like I'm levitating after acupuncture. Love it.

lindylou78 - lovely day3 report. good luck for day5.

re: the nurses being gone. It was probably just my fave nurses day off, or maybe they were on afternoon not morning or something. I didn't ask, but I didn't recognise either of the two that I laid eyes on.
    As for the day surgery nurse, apparently she hurt her back at the end of last year and hasn't returned to work yet.
    The parking guy has been replaced by a new guy who started last week, but the old one always used to wish me luck and look appropriately sympathetic when things weren't going right.

I've been considering putting this in the IVF funny times thread.
    The clinic were trying to contact me with my results yesterday (but weren't dialling the home phone like they ought to have been ). At one point they called DH's mobile when he was unable to answer it so he ended up getting a voice to text message. As the nurse had an accent the voice to text didn't work particularly well, and came up with this gem:
    "I'm just trying to put my keys up Felicity."
    So is the ultrasound tomorrow to look for her keys? or to make sure they're in the right spot? or is "the keys" now a euphemism for the ultrasound wand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    jeb8303 - I usually have 2 scans before EPU. So since my first scan is also tomorrow I would expect another one on Friday then EPU on Monday. But every cycle can be different. One time the cycle was shorter and I only had one scan, another time was longer and I had 3 or 4. It all depends on how your follies grow.

You get about 40 hours notice of EPU. They tell you exactly what time to have your trigger injection and EPU happens about 36 hours later.

EPU was my first operation too. Don't worry about it. After the anaesthetist puts the anaesthetic in it gets a bit difficult to concentrate and then you wake up in recovery all refreshed after a nap. Occasionally you can taste the anaesthetic.

I also did my first luveris injection yesterday (but haven't paid for it yet). I didn't have any issue with pain though. Maybe numbing the area with ice before or after the injection will help.

Hope you see some nice follies when you get "the keys" put up you tomorrow =D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

Traveler-truthfully I don't know what my chances are, I assume they'd be the same as anyone else, as identicals are just by chance (so really really unlikely)... I did ask my FS if she'd transfer two next time, but she said no way.. My DH is dead set against it as well.. He said after what happened he just wants one healthy baby & mummy at a time...

Babe if you feel that it's a right time to do your FET when AF arrives, go for it! I know exactly how you feel about wanting to be pregnant again, and you won't know unless you try...

PinkB-can't wait to find out what you have!! I love surprises!!!

Lindylou-fantastic news on your embies!!! They're all doing so well! All that hard work paid off!! When is your next update!?

Bebe-how beautiful would it be to raise children in a small village, so different to the city life! What country? I often thought about moving away, maybe to a tropical island! Hehe but I would miss my family way too much..

Peonies-welcome sweety, there are some awesome ladies in here who will answer any questions you have, hoping your journey is short & sweet!

EO-OMG you are honestly the biggest crack up! Once again you made me 'lol' at AF getting an invite to my panty party!!!!!! Thank god no one was home to see me laughing to myself!! (besides DS but he just laughs along!)
    We WILL be going to the due dates together.. The whole lot of us!!
    I had my acupuncture session this morning as well, sooo relaxing!! Where are you up to in your cycle? O day coming close?

Jeb-goodluck for you BT & U/S tomorrow!

Felicita-your story was hilarious!!! But you trying to piece together the message was even funnier! Good luck for your U/S tomorrow!! Hope there are lots of beautiful follies growing in there!!

AFM-had a wonderful session of acupuncture today, it really is so relaxing, I don't know what took me so long to try it!! I'm starting to get impatient with AF.. About 2 weeks to go.. I just want to be cycling again!!!

Dear AF, as EO has said please don't be late to my panty party!! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC - We'll be off to Croatia early 2013 with any luck. Of course it's all pending this baby being a take home and the $$ being saved. I've been to the village a few times, including living there for 4 months last year. L.O.V.E.D it. I really hope we get to go as planned this time, I was devo that we had to push back our plans of going in Sept this year. That's the price you pay for trying to coordinate you life around being PG.

Jeb & Felicita - All the best for tomorrow, hopefully the keys stay in the handbag!

EO - Still felt okay today, so avoided phoning the OB. I don't wanna be that annoying first time Mum who panics.... if i get back to that terrible place I'll phone. For now I am resting while I'm off work this week and the MS is bearable. The Zofran is really expensive it's about $5 each...

Peoniesarerpretty - Big welcome to you!

Lindy - for such great day 3 results. You must be feeling really great about now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, each time I try to log on and read and post, I get interrupted and when I come back there are a dozen more posts... whew!!

Thanks for the welcomes back and good wishes lindylou, EO, TTHC, PinkB, bebehvala and anyone else I might have missed..... It WAS a good break and I think I needed it, just forgot about IVF for a couple of months and relaxed, and had a glass of wine every now and then. DH and I went to Margaret River (in WA) and did some winetasting so took advantage of not being preggers....

Welcome to the thread , jeb, berecka, and peoniesarepretty!!

Just a quick note to say GOOD LUCK for today jeb!! I was nervous about going under too, for my first EPU under anaesthesia as it was my first surgery too. Dont worry, they are amazing what they can do these days. I was out like a light, and then woke up half an hour later, it was all done, didn’t feel a thing lol!

Felicita, its a shame about the nurses and parking guy not being there....you want to feel that you have a sense of closure.... bummer! ....... but the “keys up” ... what a hoot!! I was trying to guess what she was trying to say that might sound like kee-sup, like “might ease up” ... good luck, hoping for lots of follies ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

So, had blood test and scan..

I have a nice 22 follies growing, but they are still on the small side NOOOO!

So, I have been given 5 days worth of Luveris (holy hell $160 a day ) .. They are hoping that the blood test results will say I only need to use 3 and take it every second day (which will save me $320)..

I have another scan on Monday morning (I tell ya what, I'm over the DC's going up there .. I've seen more action from a DC in the last 2 months than I have from DH.. HAHAHAHA.. sorry, just had to inject some humor..

The FN said I will be looking at EPU on Wednesday (yay.. should be definitely confirmed on Monday) and ET will be Saturday 28th... EPU on Wednesday will be great as I can recover at home on Australia Day...

Not looking forward to the TWW though It will be so hard to resist POAS.. But, what's the point because of the Pregnyl I'll get false positives

How early past transfer do you normally test?

Monday seems such a long way away now... Hanging to hear the words that EPU will def be Wednesday!!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance about the operation.. I know its silly to be worried (and its just like going to sleep at night and waking in the morning) but somewhere deep down there is still that fear

Hope everyone else is have great days..

Jen

P.S - depending on my LH levels I may come back and vent! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    They didn't find their keys with the scan today, so they're going to look again on Friday.

And it seems I am going to find out details this cycle rather than doing it blind. Initial E2 indicates we're heading for my usual 8 mature eggs again. It looks like most of them are going to be on the right side, which I guess is good because it's easier to find in me, but I've read in passing that left side eggs are more successful for achieving pg so oh well.

FS didn't specify what progesterone support I was having, so today I continued the "with a twist" theme and chose pessaries instead of crinone. The FN said they weren't offering Pregnyl at the moment, but she didn't say why. DH thinks they might be worrying about the prion report, but I don't think so since they were still offering it weeks after that information was released.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

So blood test came back..

My LH has gone down to 1.1??? How can this be? Can anyone explain how the whole LH levels work?

She said to me that its working and that they don't specifically test LH once Luveris is started.

I'm sooooo confused... I don't know whether them going down is good or not because I thought anything as low as mine was LH Deficient.. NOOOOOOOO... Maybe I am the reason why we aren't getting pregnant as well

Meanwhile, my Gonal-F has increased to 150. Possibly to increase size of eggs but I don't know.

I hate this

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... am going to do a quick post while I can and hope I don't drop out before I post it

Sorry I have been MIA - we have been having issues with our broadband due to renovations going on at the numbers that has caused static on our phone line. Should hopefully be sorted this afternoon

Have lots to catch up on when I can get back on properly.

Lindy - Great news so far, when is Transfer? Today or tomorrow? Hope all goes well!

AFM - Had Day 10 BT and US yesterday and everything is well so ET has been set for next Weds 25th, very happy about that as I go back to work on the 27th so it's just in time!! Also taking new capsule pessaries this time where you only have to sit for 10mins afterwards so that will be a nice change.

Will be back for more personal updates when I can be sure I won't drop out!