Closed Thread
Page 18 of 165 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Felicita: OMG, by gone do you mean they have left? Oh that really sucks that you couldn’t say goodbye to them. Can you find out if they have gone to another clinic at all and send them something? It’s very hard when we surround ourselves with people that we trust and get used to in this journey and then when they are not there it’s really hard to deal with the changes. When is your first BT and US?

Bebe: Did you manage to get an appointment to see your OB about the stronger MS meds hun? Hope you’re doing Ok with your DH being away. How is your MIL going with helping you out?

TTHC: I totally agree, once you find the type of cycle that works stick with it. My body seems to work best on long down reg cycles so if we have to do another one then we will go back to that type for sure. If you don’t mind me asking – and you don’t have to answer if you feel uncomfortable hon, i will totally understand, but have you found out the reason for the MC? So glad to hear your AF is back to normal, and hope she comes your way once she is finished at Nat’s place, my AF is always so much better when I’m getting acupuncture.

Traveler: I was exactly the same, i cried right up until the anaesthetist was administered and then started crying as soon as i woke up and that continued for about 6 weeks until my next AF arrived. I honestly felt like my whole world had ended and nothing was ever going to make it better. I skipped the next cycle as i discovered i still had a lot of retained product after the D&C and ended up in hospital for a week, i then waited another cycle and did a FET. All up it was around 11 weeks from D&C (2 cycles) until i did the FET, it was a forced break really and i hated waiting but it was the best thing for me as i was totally emotionally broken.

Lindylou: Woo hoo for a fantastic egg haul and great embryos. Hon just remember you always have a very high (pretty much perfect rate) of your fertilised embryos making it to day 5, plus you are already at double what you had last stim cycle already. Your little ones are all about the quality from all the hard work you and DH have put in over the last 3 months. Hope your relaxing and recovering well after the EPU.

Nat: Yay for AF showing up, she mustn’t of liked hearing you bad mouth her on the thread and wanted to prove you wrong. I have everything crossed for you hon that the high dose Clomid will make you O and you and DP can catch the golden egg. How are your weddings plans going hon?

Quartz: How are the Estrogen pills going hon? When is your first BT and US? Hope yor enjoying the last stretch of your holidays before getting back into it.

PinkB: How are you going hon, it’s getting so close to meeting your little man. Have you got everything sorted for when he arrives? When do you start Mat leave? Is DD excited about her new brother arriving?

AFM: Not much happening, just doing my Yoga and acupuncture and eating all sorts of blood building foods waiting to Ovulate for my FET. I am starting to get a bit worried about what day i will O as my FS is going to be away and the Harbour Bridge looks like it will be closed so it’s going to be a very hard task for me to get to and from ET and squeeze acu in and remain calm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post

Jen – I went to Westmead private when I had my DS (differentOBJYN) but the hospital was fantastic, I couldn’t recommend it more. How areyou going with your cycle? Any side effects to jabbing?
    Thanks Travler.. I hope that you are going ok through this difficult time.

So far I don't seem to be having any side effects (apart from needing to fluff all the time and a nasty headache that lasted 3 days last week - though, that wasn't helped by all the crying I did on Thursday at my friend's funeral). Hardly any pains in my abdomen - not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Just got my Day 6 blood test results back and my LH levels are only 1.3 (needs to be 1.4 or higher) so, I'm off to pick up Luveris from the FS this afternoon to start taking with my Gonal-F..

This has depressed me.. It worries me that if something like this depresses me how I am going to be when we get all the BFN's..

This is a wicked wicked world and I hate my body for not doing what it is meant to... Perhaps its not all DH's fault that we can't conceive..

Anyway, sorry for the pity party..

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe-have you tried zofran? Lots of my friends say it works wonders with their ms, however can then cause you to be constipated  hope your ob is able to help you out!

Felicita-what do you mean they're all gone? Was your old clinic closing? Its sad not being able to say your goodbyes, when you've been on such a journey together!!

EO-I don't mind talking about it at all Hun, I think it actually helps me deal better! Unfortunately they were not able to find an actual reason as to why we lost the twins, however my doctor did explain that as the twins were in the same sack (extremely rare), a number of things could have happened such as they wrap their cords around each other etc and cut off their blood supply.. Being identical twins & sharing a placenta, one could not have survived without the other... It does break my heart though that they were healthy in all other ways, and we just lost them..

I really hope your FS is back in time for ET, I'm sure he will also be upset if he isn't the one to 'knock you up'!! Hehe

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! This weather is driving me mad..! Umbrella? Shorts? Jumper? I can't decide!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tthc, that just brought me to tears (for like the 6th time today) reading that one of your twins couldn't have survived without the other. Are your chances of identical twins higher now that it's happened once?

Jeb- I know it's hard, but don't focus too much on your levels, the first round of ivf, really is a way to see how your body responds to the drugs, and adjust accordingly. In a normal cycle your hormone levels would probably be totally different. It's frustrating, and annoying but so worth it in the end.

Bebe- did you get onto your OB? I have heard that bad morning sickness = a girl!

Felicita- so sad your fave nurses weren't there. I was sad to see the parking guy had gone on my last few visits, he helped me so many times squeeze my car into those small spots!

EO- what are the foods you are eating to help grow a baby? If your transfer is a weekday you won't be bothered by the bridge will you? Are you taking time off this cycle?

Thankyou to everyone for advice on when to cycle again. At this very moment I am thinking of putting my last frosty back after my first AF, and hope that the wives tale "you're more fertile after a miscarriage" holds true. I am just so desperate (more so than ever before) to be pregnant again. It's driving me crazy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler – I was really sad to hear there was no miracle for you, it is really not fair. I found the D&C so hard too and nearly cancelled the procedure as even though I had seen no heatbeat on u/s I still felt preggers. My AF took ages to return so took the decision from me, but they should be able to tell from bloods and scans when your body is ready to go, take as long as you need emotionally though. I hope you can soon start again and get off the IVF rollercoaster.

Lindylou- I have been thinking of you and so glad to hear EPU went well and you have 6 embryo’s powering along, sending them all the good vibes. What day do they get biopsied on?

EO – so glad you were able to have a good break from all things IVF/TTC – I am glad to hear your FET is not too far off, I am hoping this is finally the one for you! We don’t know if we are having a boy or a girl yet but I think boy so maybe you know something too!!! DD was convinced I was having a girl but fortunately is a bit more open minded now!

TTHC – Glad to hear you are trying again and i hope you have success v.quickly. I am sorry to hear they couldn’t find a reason for you losing the bubs, life is so mysterious sometimes.

Paddlegirl – good luck for your appt this week, glad you have been able to have a good break.

Felicita – thinking of you for this cycle

Bebe – I was glad to read your good news about your scan. I hope the anti-nausea meds are helping. I have had hyper-emesis with both my DD and this pregnancy, its pretty rough going. I can only really function on zofran at the moment and highly recommend it. As TTHC says it can be constipating (i find the wafers less so than the tablets) Thinking of you.

Nat – hope the clomid etc works well for you!

Jeb – welcome to the sysdney thread, hope your IVF journey is short and sweet! Loved the poem – its so true, I still sometimes shed a tear or two watching my DD sleep at night – feeling so lucky to have her and she is 4yo!!! With your LH levels, try not to stress (easier said than done!!!), Luveris is a great drug & helped me conceive this bub and my LH was less than one on my successful cycle.

Berecka –welcome and good luck

Hi to Lola, Quartz, Nat & anyone else I have forgotten. I am thinking of you all and hoping for a run of BFP’s this year !!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

TTHC- it would be so lovely to think my whole family is in this bunch of embies, but I'll be happy with just one bub. After PGD it's strictly single transfers, which is fine with me. I read in the WFC thread that a lady who had double transfer is now expecting triplets . I hope your AF shows up on time & you'll be getting started soon!

Traveler- we'll get the PGD results in about 4 weeks time, right before the FET. I'm sorry that you've been so cruelly thrown back into the IVF fold . I can only imagine how blissful it felt to have thought it was all behind you... and how difficult it must be to get back in the IVF mindset. I hope you're recovering as best you can and that AF returns sooner rather than later.

Bebe- yes it will feel like an eternity waiting for PGD results! You poor thing suffering with such terrible MS while your DH is o/seas . I hope I don't offend, but after what he went through to beat cancer, I'm surprised he's prioritising work in this situation. When my Mum was diagnosed, it totally transformed my views on what was most important in life, and work was NOT no. 1. I hope he makes up for it later and will be there for you when you need him the most.

Felicita- oh I'm sorry you didn't get to say your goodbyes to your FN's. Its a small world, so hopefully you get your chance some other time, and will have a bump (or bub) to show off to them!

EO- our good history with getting to blast is the only thing keeping me sane right now! I hope the sun, moon & planets all line up perfectly so that ET happens on a week day and with your FS doing the honours

Jen- we're all entitled to host a pity party now & then . Hope you're feeling more positive already. Your clinic will guide you through this hiccup and in a few days, you'll wonder what you were so upset about.

PinkB- Thanks so much for thinking of me. Our embies get biopsied on D5 and the cells are removed from the trophectoderm (they don't touch the inner cell mass). Still so many hurdles to jump over, but its all beyond my control now. Enjoy your last few weeks as a family of 3!

Hi to Paddlegirl, Crofty, Bella, Quartz, Nat & sorry to anyone I've missed.

AFM- Totally recovered from EPU but still lazed around today 'cos I can . Its been hard not to think about our embies & how they're going. D3 update tomorrow, gosh I hope its good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78 - Your story on IVF triplets happened to DH's cousin. She was trying to conceive for 11 years with 'countless' IVF cycles. They had two embies left and were mentally exhausted from it all so they put both back in and agreed that they'd give up the dream of their family if it did not work - and bam they got 3 little girls, who are now 6 years old!!

No offence taken, it's actually a common comment I get from people once they hear a bit of our story. Let me explain [sorry it’s long I really can blab] When DH was sick, he was really sad at the thought of dying and missing out on doing stuff. So when he was better we made a list. One of the big things on the list, was to live abroad in his Dad's village and give any future kids the opportunity to live in a small town on a farm which he and his Dad spoke about doing together.

So in this case he is prioritising work so that we save, save, save to make that dream happen. Plan is to head overseas and build a small house where his Dad [who sadly passed from Cancer] left him some land. Good news is that we've only one more year to go! While yes, he works overseas and I only see him about 5 months of the year in total, BUT he gets paid a very good salary so working away means we can afford us our long term goal. It's hard but we agreed it's short-term pain for long term gain. It's not for everyone [some days I cry and think it's not for me!], but we made a promise that if the other person wants to stop we do. DH often asks me if I am still okay, and if I want him to come home and if it all gets too much I'll say say so and he'd be home in a jiffy.

Good luck for day 3 update tomozza!!

Felicita - As everyone has said already -where did they all go sweetie?

PinkButterfly - Today the Dr. did confirm that I have that hyperemesis thingy that you speak of and YUCK! Did yours get better as the pregnancy progressed?

traveler - Hopefully AF comes quickly for you, and you can get started again. You think it's a girl? ME TOO!!! Not because I'm sick, but it's just my first thought. :fingers crossed: we'll see in August.

Jeb - As traveller said, try not to worry too much on your levels and my best advice is 'expect anything!' We all have our moments along the IVF roller coaster, but you're safe on BH to vent and get the support you need.

EternalOptimist - Went to my GP today. He gave me an injection, and I feel SOOOOO much better. What are blood building foods? I’ve never heard of that before.

AFM – My GP said today that I have 'hyperemesis gravid arum' essentially morning sickness like nothing else! He gave me an anti-nausea injection, and I feel SOOOOO much better. My blood pressure is elevated and I’m doing load better than I was last week, but just to be safe I am on bed rest this week.

GP said go call my OB tomorrow and see if he wants to see me in earlier than my appointment which is for Mon, but think I’ll be okay. I don’t know if it happens to everyone who has this but if I sleep [which I have been about 14 hours a day!] I feel better than if I am up and about walking and trying to push myself to be normal.

Lastly my GP said he won’t prescribe Zofran as it’s a category b drug for pregnancy – he said my OB should make that call. I think he is being super cautious if you ask me.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 16-01-2012 at 23:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe- thanks for clarifying, I have a much better perspective of your DH now . Very happy for you that its a short-term arrangement & he'll slow down whenever you want. Poo to the hyperemesis, I hope your OB can give you some relief.

Just updating quickly- day 3 report is good . All 6 embies are at 6-10 cells with 4 being grade 1's. Phew!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone! I am joining this thread now. Thanks to lindylou & felicita for inviting me over from the MFI chat thread. Our story is there, and so it looks as though IVF (well, ICSI actually) is the only option for us, and only IF they find some sperm when my DH has his microdissection.

We have our first appointment to find out about how to proceed with the cycle for me, with a FS at IVF Australia (city clinic), tomorrow morning. We can find out more about timings etc then. Sounds as though I have lots to learn!

Suppose I should make myself up a signature too - seems everyone has one.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 17-01-2012 at 10:16. Reason: added clarification

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb: Try not to stress too much with these things hon, there is so much that happens in an IVF cycle and the levels are only slightly off where they want them to be. Like Traveler said, the first cycle really is a trial to see how yoru body responds to the drugs. I too have spent the last 2 years cursing my body even though we are doing IVF due to MFI. How did your Luveris injections go? When is your next BT and US?

TTHC: Oh hon so sorry to hear that about the MC. It’s so hard to accept and after mine all i wanted was an explanation. It sounds like you have a wonderful FS though and they really take the time to explain things to you though. I am hoping AF got the invite to your panty party and shows when she is supposed to :-) It’s not too far off and then with so many of us ladies cycling at the moment we are all going to be moving to the due date thread together.

Traveler: These are FET suggestions that my TCM told me to do: wear socks the whole cycle and to use a heat pack on my tummy and lower back for the first 10 days of the cycle to assist with blood flow, eat lots of Lamb – it’s a really young animal so the blood building properties in it are very good, eat lots of orange vegetables (sweet potatoes and carrot) as its high in beta-carotene and assist with healthy blood, and increase my selenium intake as it aids implantation (That’s where the stories come from about Brazil nuts, i hate the nuts so just went and got the liquid selenium from the naturopath). All of these could be total mumbo jumbo but after this many cycles i will try everything and anything now. There are lots of other things for stim cycles, have a look at their website as they have lots of great info to help with your cycle: http://www.acupunctureivf.com.au/ I think it’s a great idea to use your frosty first, i too was told by my FN about the fertile thing after MC, we used our frosty and got implantation unfortunately the embryo was abnormal and didn’t eventuate in a pregnancy but that had nothing to do with the prev MC. Bring on AF, when is she due hon?

Bebe: So glad to hear your feeling better from the jab. The hyperemesis sounds horrible, hope the OB can give you something a little more permanent to fix it up and it gets better in the 2nd Trimester. Did he say if he wanted to see you prior to Monday? All my friends have taken the Zofran and swear by it, i think it’s really expensive though from what i remember.

Lindylou: Woo hoo that is absolutely wonderful news, told you that you had little fighters in there. So glad to hear you recovered so well from the EPU, and are enjoying your time at home relaxing.

Peoniesarerpretty: Welcome to our thread, (i responded in the other MFI thread earlier today) The Sydney girls are a great group and there are lots of us who are going through IVF due to MFI so lots of info and experience to share. The first appointments are always very daunting as there is so much info. Make sure you take a pen and paper to write everything down as there is lots to take in. I have everything crossed for you for your DH Microdissection when he has it.

AFM: Just back from acupuncture and feeling very Zennnnnnnnnnnnnn