Closed Thread
Page 16 of 165 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jen- oh wow, that is a lovely poem. Bit of a tear jerker, or maybe its just my hormones in overdrive! Your ticker says you've only been TTC 38 weeks... that's what gave me the impression you'd been very forward in getting to the bottom of things. I too thought I'd be done with having babies by 30, we started TTC when I was 26 *sigh*. You will most certainly find the strength to do this . I'll pop into your other thread about DNA oxidation and I'll forward you the acupuncturist details in a PM

Berecka- Hi & welcome to our thread! Which Genea clinic are you using? I was at Liverpool this morning, but I was the only one there. Have you been given any explanation why your previous cycles haven't worked? I hope you will be 3rd time lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,

Traveler-Please pop in when you can to let us know how you're coping xxx I hope your DS is giving mummy lots of cuddles during this time.. I know that helped me so much after losing my babies.

Lindy-Thanks sweety, I've never taken notice of the "2nd stim slump", I hope you're right & #3 turns out great! I even had a cry to my FS after it asking if my eggs were too old, hence the poor result She laughed at me & said that wasn't it at all That was the only thing I could think of (even though I'm only 2 years older since last time... it made perfect sense in my head!!) hehe Hun you are going to have some amazing embies at the end of this cycle! we'll probably be transferring around the same time next month & joining the due in thread at the same time!!!!

EO-Welcome back hun! How was your trip, where did you actually go? (Sorry if you've already said it, I can't remember!!) Oh my goodness you actually made me lol with your comment "2011 was a horrible year and can F*&k right off i say."!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!!! Fab biopsy results, its reassuring when everything comes back perfect! You are so close now to FET! I have a great feeling for you this cycle!! Trust me.. this is the one!!!!

Paddlegirl-Sometimes it's really nice to have a bit of a mental break from everything!! Good luck for your FS appt, it will probably be nice to get the ball rolling again...

Lola-How are you going hun, when do you start your FET?

Felicita-How did your bloods go sweety? Have you started stimming now?

Jeb8303-Welcome sweety, I loved the poem!! Definitely brought tears to my eyes!!

Berecka-Welcome babe, I think there are a few ladies here that go Genea, I go to Next Gen Fert. for 3rd time lucky!

to all the other Sydneysiders!!!

AFM-I'm just plodding along waiting for AF (due in about 2.5 weeks), I too have started accupuncture, been twice so far & it is sooo relaxing! I found a clinic in Parramatta, which works well as I am at Next Get Fert in Parra, so once my cycle starts it will be so close for during my treatment!! If any of you ladies care for the details, just let me know & I can send them to you.

On another note, Dad has had his 2nd round of Chemo... this man is a machine... Who goes to work the next day after Chemo!? He's absolutely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi tthc and everyone

yes, I've started stimming, done two injections so far.
    I think the nurses forgot I was having LH supplementation during the stim phase so I had to chase that up, but it's all sorted now.

But I do prefer the nurses at my old clinic. I think I've confused the nurses at Kogarah because to them I look like a first-timer since they haven't seen me before, but the size of my file doesn't fit with their first impression. The old clinic seemed much friendlier, but perhaps that's just because I've been seeing them for 3 years.

I've got a blood test at the Westmead clinic on Monday (to check LH and to buy my first couple of luveris injections) so I'm going to write them a goodbye card because if this cycle's unsuccessful I might never see them again. I also want to pop down the road to say goodbye to my favourite day-surgery nurse, Shirley, as I won't be having any more egg collections at Westmead (this one will be at Maroubra).

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- Sorry, we were posting at the same time & I didn't see your update. Yay for all your results passing with flying colours and starting to track O . I have such a good feeling about your FET, its your turn hun . I didn't have time to actually get any acu in my initial appointment, it took almost an hour to go through my history and temp charts. Plus he said there was no point starting mid-stim. No more BTs & US, I'm triggering tonight . I totally agree with your comment on 2011, good riddance to a rotten year!

TTHC- Love the idea of graduating to the same due-in thread . We'll fill it up with all the Syd girls cycling in Jan/Feb! My 3rd stim has just flown like a dream after a lousy 2nd stim, so fingers crossed yours is just as good, if not better

Felicita- Yay for stimming! Are you going to find out your progress through the cycle or do it 'blind' like last time?

Traveler- I hope you're coming through the pain & sadness and have started to heal

Everyone else still on hols? Or am I just posting too much??

AFM- I had my 3rd U/S & BT this morning, yesterday the lead follies were 17mm, and today there was one at 20mm & two at 18mm. Thats after only 9 jabs! I got the call that I'm triggering tonight with EPU on Sat morning . Now the nerves are kicking in about having the EPU with local again . DH is cheering, he doesn't have to take time off work and he can have a beer on Sat arvo. He's already put some in the fridge
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 12-01-2012 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Traveler
    Crofty
    Paddlegirl
    Bella978
    Sticky11
    Kelbelle
    The Time Has Come
    Nat84u
    Lifeonhold
    MrsDaisyP
    Taralou
    Berecka

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Lola77- FET
    Quartz- FET
    EternalOptimist- FET
    Felicita- Jabbing
    Jeb8303- Jabbing
    Lindylou78- EPU 14/1

TWW

UTD

PinkButterfly
    Loulabelle
    25andhopeful - natural miracle
    Claire77
    Bebehvala - Aug 2012

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC: We went up to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast for 3 weeks. The weather was perfect and i spent the entire time in the water, which is very unlike me (Sydney water is freezing cold for me). I hope your right gorgeous, it’s so wonderful that everything has come back fine but it’s also a little frustrating that we still don’t have a bub. But enough of me being a negative Nancy. This is our year and we are all going to get our much deserved bubs!! :-) So glad to hear you like Acu and it’s so close to your clinic, it seems to be you either love it or hate it. It’s my one hour a week where i can lay down and be totally relaxed. I get along really well with my acu so it’s kind of a bit like a therapy session for me as well. Bring on AF so you can get onto your lucky cycle 3 :-)

Felicita: Wonderful news that you have started your stimms. It’s hard not to get an attachment for the nurses at our clinics. I have my favourites too and even bought them a small Christmas present. Is your new clinic further to travel to compared to your last clinic?

Lindylou: Hello there gorgeous :-) Its great that the acu was so thorough with all of their information gathering, i totally agree about the sessions. Wow i can’t believe how quick your cycle has gone this time and you’re having EPU on Saturday. How have you been feeling with the higher dose of GonalF? Awesome news that you don’t need to take extra time off work for it either. Ha Ha i bet your DH is looking forward to a beer after all his detox that he has been doing. Now bring on all of these gorgeous eggies, i am so excited about this cycle for you hon. This is going to be your WINNING cycle honey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all!

Wow I've got some catching up to do.

Welcome to the newbies!!

I'm away down the south coast with my DF and DD. And staying at my XDP mums house (yes my exDP is here with his gf, their 11mth old, plus his brother and his gf... The one who feel pregnant with the twins. So they've got 6 kids including newborn twins!!). I've been looking after rye twins the whole time pretty much, though got a bit cranky about it yesterday!

Anyway. Nothing new for me! Haven't had AF since the start if November, so waiting on that to start my massive dose of clomid lol.

Hugs to all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OHH MY GOSH, this thread got busy very quickly!

The Time Has Come - Boy, that was an awful way to end 2011. All the very best wishes to your Dad. I know all too well the way chemo can really upset the apple cart of life. My best advise is never give up, ask a million questions and stay very knowleegable and most of all stay patient with how your Dad's feeling will go up and down. I alway tell everyone that DH having cancer gave me the best perspective on life and made me a MUCH more resilient person than I was pre cancer. So it's not all doom and gloom - and if you ever need to chat I am happy to.

Paddlegirl - Glad you enjoyed your break. All the best for your next appointment with your FS.

jeb8303 - Big welcome to you and your [hopefully short] journey.

EO - Refreshed and rejuvenated huh? Such a super way to start the year. Thanks for asking about my scan. It went well the blob of cells measured exactly spot on and the HB was heard. So all went very well. Nice to hear all clear on the tests front. this FET will be the sticky one. Will you be doing anything different in terms of meds / support?

Lindy - what a dream run you've had so far. You guys must be super thrilled. Sat is such a great day for EPU, as you can rest and not worry about what to tell work. Pity the TV viewing is crappy - I hope you have FOXTEL or a great DVD ready. Sending you many, many

to everyone I missed out on like nat84u, traveller, quarts lola, and all the other Sydney gals.

AFM - All I can say is - and I don't wanna complain, but boy-o-boy am I sick. DH is once again away, so fortunately I have my MIL looking after me [I live with her]. I now have some anti-nausea meds and the FS approval to take them, so I do hope tomorrow I am less vomitty.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 12-01-2012 at 20:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - my word the new clinic is further away. Westmead was only 40 km, but Kogarah is 70 km, and I have no idea how I'm going to find my way to Maroubra. It's quite literally travelling right across Sydney from one edge to the other (from the Blue Mountains to the coast).

Travelling the M4 in peak hour to Westmead appointments sometimes took 2 hours (should only take 35-40 minutes), so no idea how long it would take these days to get down past the M4 tolls on the way to Kogarah so I'll be getting the train for my scan appointments. That only takes 2-2.5 hours each way including walks at both ends. I think I'll be reading my way through my mum's Georgette Heyer and Agatha Christie collection for those half days of travelling.

It's times like this that I'm glad I'm not employed. But since it looks like our carefully laid plans of being a SAHM aren't going to happen I guess I'll be looking for a real job in Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Felicita, that really is an effort!! What a relief you don't have to then go to a job straight after - that would be almost impossible!

I am curious to know, what is the FS at Kogarah doing that Westmead were not able to do for you?

this will be your year!