Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CONGRATS Nat!!!!! Fantastic news babe xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alison - so glad your surgery went well. Good luck for this month!!

Roma - woo hoo, 2nd trimester. Wow! What a great feeling that must be. Has the sickness eased off?

AFM: Well, I thought AF had stopped - I even got to walk around footloose & panty-protection free for a good few days. And then suddenly some more spotting & even a clot. WTF? I know it's not my next AF as the other one only just finished. But seriously, stop now!! How will I know when it's just random breakthrough bleeding, and when it really is my next AF and time to ring the clinic? Grrrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this isn't really the right place, but I'd just like to vent a bit if you don't mind.

Why do hospitals have to make things soooo hard. After talking with the Patient Representative yesterday I was left with the impression that I should be comfortable with allowing nursing staff to let DH suffocate or have a stroke before they attend to him, and that such consequences would serve him right for having the gall to be quadriplegic in their hospital.

He hasn't suffocated (he has a cold and can't cough very well without assistance and the situation has got a bit to hard to manage by ourselves at home) simply because myself and his team of regular carers have been attending to make sure he gets prompt assistance, and after spending the first 2 nights in a chair by his bedside I'm just a bit tired and frustrated that most of the staff aren't the slightest bit interested in helping out - even going so far during the day to tell me that, No, I couldn't have a chair that reclined for my second night's stay. Thankfully the night staff just went and brought me one when they saw the chair I was otherwise going to be sleeping in.

But the pressure's off a little bit now since he managed to get admitted into intensive care yesterday morning. Before the physios start a chest physio session we always warn them of the likelihood of it moving the mucous into a position that will require immediate transfer to ICU and possibly intubation and ask if they're prepared for that outcome, but they (and the ward staff) hardly ever take the warning seriously, and then get a terrible fright when it happens. ICU had all the intubation gear unpacked before the mucous shifted again and allowed DH to breathe, so he's avoided being tubed for now.

And since hospitals don't like letting you go straight home after leaving intensive care we're going to have the same issues again when they try to send him back to a general ward. Things like no head operated call button (we raised this issue in writing in 2010 and it was dismissed with a statement that all beds have call buttons), and nurses not responding promptly to assist with coughing or with autonomic dysreflexia (both of which have the real but small chance of causing brain damage within minutes - we raised the issue of nurse response times in writing in 2010 when it took 2 hours to get a blood pressure reading in the ER when it should have been being taken at least every 5 minutes for fear of imminent intracranial haemorrhage due to high BP, eg 260/180 at times, and that concern was dismissed with the "he's not their only patient" response), and a lack of suitable bedside accommodation for an attendant carer who only has to be there because the hospital isn't providing a sufficient level of care (we raised this issue without the finger-pointing in writing in 2010 and it was simply ignored).

Re-raising those issues this time have received the responses of:
    1. The OTs are unaware of any suitable call button already existing in the hospital. When the ER enquired about one when DH was going to be admitted we were told that we only had to go through 2 nights of inconvenience and then the OTs would make a head-operated call button on Monday when they returned to work. The OT's response on Monday when I had the ward chase up an ETA for it was - What? Huh?
    2. He's not their only patient.
    3. Of course you can't expect us to provide any additional resources at all when we effectively force you to remain at the bedside overnight. I've read along the way that portable beds are available for such situations, but one of the reasons for denying me one was that, along with admitting DH into an inappropriate ward, they put him in a 4 bed room and there wasn't space for a folding bed, and apparently his medical need for someone to be present to activate the normal call button (or to provide the care the hospital isn't providing) isn't great enough to warrant transfer to a single room with space for a folding bed - even though (based on info we were given in ER) we also consented to be admitted as private patient this time.

So that's a bit of my vent.

I managed to squeeze in my gestational diabetes test yesterday morning. My sister warned it would taste as sweet as undiluted cordial, but it was more like the sweetness of lemonade. It didn't make the bubs jump about a massive amount, but it did wake them up. They took my bloods at 55 min instead of 1 hr since DH's carer phoned me at the end of my wait to tell me about the transfer to ICU (and at that moment intubation looked to be certain).

DH has managed to see my belly move on 2 occasions now. They usually stop when he looks. But if she's at all mobile, then Edwina will nearly always move a second after he speaks, we like to think she is responding to his voice - but are undecided on whether she likes it or is trying to run away. Most of Stuart's movements are below the apex of my belly, so I can't see them very often.
    At 22 wks I was measuring as large as a 32 wk singleton pg, and I put on about 1 kg each week. DH says each bub is going to weigh 20kg at the end , by extrapolating to a 40 kg weight gain over 40 wks and then dividing by 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello just a quickie update from me.
    Nat big congrats to you.
    Felicita I would vent too about the treatment. so glad all is going well with the bubs.
    Congratulations to all those who are BFP. best wishes to everyone in TWW hope to hear good news soon. sorry to all who have BFN's. Your time will come.

AFM had US today, lining at 6mm so continue on until next week for US. Forgot to ask about BT results though. Will update later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - so sorry to hear your DH is so ill & that the lack of care from the hospital is causing you stress. I understand. I ended up in ICU last year, and then was transferred on to a general ward for 5 nights before they let me go home. Everyone tells you different things, and does things in a different way. It's quite alarming really - if we're not alert & taking responsibility to question things for ourselves, the mistakes that could be made are quite scary to think about. Feel free to vent away. Hope your DH is on the mend soon & you can sleep in your own bed - you need proper rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    roma, congrats on getting into the second trimester! And thanks, yes, bring on the weekend in July :-)

Alison, glad your surgery went well and you're ready to get back into a cycle. Fingers crossed for either a miracle, or successful IVF cycle!

Felicita, sorry to hear DH is in hospital and that the hospital isnt providing the level of care that anyone would expect.... WTF??? how can they not provide a head-operated call button, come up with all those excuses and then not provide proper accomodation for you?? Thats crazy... It must have been so hard for you to try to get some rest in an upright chair, and even more so while preggers with twins
    My sympathies.... it sounds like a really frustrating situation.
    Is it worth giving them some written feedback again this time?

How is everyone else going?

Catemar, how are you and DP going in the TWW?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just though I would pop in.
    31 weeks and really feeling it.
    I have a heart murmur, so having ecg done in 2 weeks.
    Have gestational diabetes but controlling with diet at the moment.
    Hope you guys remember me.
    Anyway, good luck with all your cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just wanted to stop by as I am a Sydney girl also. I am in other threads but wanted to say hello to you girls as well. Had EPU yesterday, and if all goes well transfer will be on Monday. The next few days will be a killer!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 28-06-2012 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all got to enjoy a bit of the sunshine today - I am so over the rain!

Felicita - how is your DH going? I hope he has improved along with the care at the hospital, i cant believe it!

Hi Rachael and Angleanathan

Peonies - did you end up getting another BT to see what is going on?

Catemar - any news have my fingers and toes that this is your cycle!

Big hello and to everyone else i have missed.

AFM, went to the clinic today and picked up everything to start again, now just need AF to show up, so far a couple of days late and if it hasnt arrived by mid next week they will do a blood test to see what is going on. I have for the past week have been getting cramping like it is coming or here, but nothing. Will see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

This one is out for us. DPs hcg came back at 4 today. So now we wait for AF so we can cycle again.

Thanks everyone for all your advice and support through DPs ohss.