Closed Thread
Page 122 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words and congratulations. We have a freeze all policy regardless of quality and out of 8 emby transfers, it has not been our 'best' that have stuck! DS was a day 5 BA grade (not bad but not fantastic), none of our AA expanding, hatching day 5's have gotten us anywhere, last transfer the CC grade non expanded emby stuck along with the 'good one'(after they told me it had no chance, & I did later miscarry both). The longer I do ivf, the more I realise the FS's have very little understanding of reproductive science. It's all a learning curve.

Lillac- I really hope AF shows up TODAY!!!!

Hi everyone else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It really does make me mad that we pay all this money and then they just discard the ones that don't meet their strict criteria. IVFA discards anything but A grade 5 day blasts.

We had 13 eggs of which 7 fertilised but only two made it to 5/6 day blast stage. Makes me wonder if they did 3 day transfers if we would of had more chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler - that is excellent news! Gives me hope reading it in fact cause every scan I've been to has been bad news. Hoping next time I'm UTD I'm taking the right concoction of drugs to actually get something happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What clinic is that Traveler? I was so disappointed last time that we had an early blast that they basically just decided not to freeze and discarded. When we had the follow up visit with FS I said how frustrating that was, and he agreed and basically said that they really don't know what makes a good embryo by looking at it - as has been shown by ones that have been PGD'd and wielded different outcomes to what lab standards on embryo grading would normally suggest. So then isn't it better to not just throw away blasts, but freeze them anyway? You just never know.

Anyway, rant over! AFM: Had another BT yesterday. HCG is now down to 28 and progesterone has risen to 9.6. I guess I must have ovulated, although I didn't feel it (it's normally quite painful for me - sometimes extremely so). I had lower back pain, so maybe it disguised itself in with that. Hoepfully this means I'll get another proper AF soon, rather than all this never-ending brown spotting, and be back to normal. I will then go again on the next AF - not this one coming. Hopefully it doesn't then take ages to show up!

I have started taking more supplements than I bothered with last time - want to help egg quality if I can, even though the FS said he thought my egg quality was good because they all (well, all but one) fertilised. At my age it can't hurt to make them better - and we might actually get some freeze-worthy spares. I am now:
    Continuing what I was taking anyway: Pro-biotic, Elevit, Vit C and a Mega Magnesium one that also has Zinc and Selenium (I actually take this in a futile attempt to help my Restless Legs Syndrome , not for fertility - although I read these are good for that too, so I keep taking it)
    Increased my dose: CQ10 and Vit D;
    Added in: Wheatgrass, Fish Oil, Royal Jelly & Propolis. I've also ordered some Melatonin from the US that I'm waiting on. This is supposed to help with egg quality, and also with sleep so sounds good on both counts.

Anyone have any words of wisdom in this area?
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 07-06-2012 at 15:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with IVFA, and the freeze all thing certainly isn't standard. We chose this path for religious reasons, and had to FIGHT many people who have tried to talk us out of it along the way. At the end if the day, they are my embryos and it's my money.

The scientists told me that they only freeze the ones they think can survive the freeze/thaw process. In theory this should save us money and heartache.

However, the embies the scientists were sure wouldn't survive, have (and one was even hatching) while the ones they practically guaranteed were good haven't survived the thaw. Which makes me think that they should stop trying to predict which ones are good, and freeze more!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway, rant over! AFM: Had another BT yesterday. HCG is now down to 28 and progesterone has risen to 9.6. I guess I must have ovulated, although I didn't feel it (it's normally quite painful for me - sometimes extremely so). I had lower back pain, so maybe it disguised itself in with that. Hoepfully this means I'll get another proper AF soon, rather than all this never-ending brown spotting, and be back to normal. I will then go again on the next AF - not this one coming. Hopefully it doesn't then take ages to show up!

With my m/c I bled for 7 weeks, it stopped and I got AF 2 weeks later. It wasn't a normal AF tho. Hopefully in 2 weeks yours will come and put everything back to normal. I totally get the never ending spotting. It drove me crazy, like a constant reminder of everything I had lost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Traveler. I agree about the freezing embryos, although I am not religious at all.

The m/c was a month ago now. There was the heavy bleeding that one night, then nothing at all for 2 days. Then AF came - it was heavy & lasted about a week like that. I wouldn't have thought that was really a proper AF, but my FS says it is. Since then just this weird brown, light spotting. It will stop for a day or 2, then come back. It stopped for several days last week/weekend/early this week. And just came back in the last couple of days. Feels like an AF is coming - hopefully within a week. Then I really hope it will be all done & will have a normal length cycle to the next one.

Because I had bleeding & spotting through the pregnancy as well, and was on lots of pessaries, I honestly feel like I have single-handedly kept the sanitary pad industry going over the last couple of months. Feel like an old lady with tena lady or something, "just in case".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree about the $$$$ and then finding out the early blasts are not good enough . This happened to 2 of ours .

Peonies you seem all set with your haul of vitamins . I can't offer any words of wisdom.. I only take coQ10 , womens multivitamin, folic acid & iodine, and fish oil . I have been a bit slack lately too just over popping so many pills .

No AF yet cd 40
    i will probably ring the clinic this week for answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN DH thinks 13dpo could still be too early but I know better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry natty....
    when is your BT?