Closed Thread
Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bella - it could be implantation spotting... Not sure about the Pregnyl, my best advice would be to do another hpt either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning and if the line is lighter it's probably residual Pregnyl. I'm pretty sure it'll be out of our system by now though! Sounds like a BFP is on the way for you. Fingers xxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

What nat84u said.
    I haven't done a FET, and haven't done Pregnyl for luteal phase support either, so can't help from experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella- I don't know anything about pregnyl but from what I've read on other threads it seems a bit late to have it still in your system. I would cautiously be saying it's a BFP (!) how light was the second line?

Nat - I would have thought the thicker the lining the better. I know it can be too thick but I don't think day 16 is that late to ovulate. Good luck.

Felicita and peonies- thanks for the info, I'm so sorry both your dh's have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler and felicita - congrats!!!

Been guilty of being AWOL myself. Sorry.

I think I'm going to have to live with spotting through my first trimester. It happened again this week, starting the day after we saw the obs and heard the heartbeat.

Bit more today so I had a 9w2d ultrasound and bub is definitely still alive and kicking. 2 arms, 2 legs and a heartbeat we could hear and see, going around 176. Measuring to dates.

It's all I could ask for. Just need to behave until June 12 for the NT.

Hope everyone is nice and toasty, it's awfully windy here in Sydney today.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say a big congrats to felicita - a BOY and GIRL. What a dream, I am so happy for you and DH. Now you get the best of both shopping experiences.

And of course - Traveller, party time. So excited, you've been thru a lot and this must just feel so amazing.

to everyone else. I have have not posted in ages, as the group got so huge and I was having trouble keeping up with you all. So nice to read such great news, and hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie - I get a super thick lining every month, but that's normal for me. Mine goes 20mm+ a couple of days usually means a 2mm increase for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

felicita, woohoo! How nice, a boy and a girl! and you're organised deciding on names already. My friends still hadnt decided on a name for their boy the week before my friend's wife gave birth. In the end they called him Austin (she said after Austin Powers!)

traveler, hooray!! congrats!!! thats fantastic news

bella, sorry but I dont know anything about Pregnyl, but I am hoping with all my fingers and toes its a BFP for you.

roma, glad to hear everything went well with your 9w scan

AFM, nothing much happening, still trying to stick to the diet, still having weekly acupuncture. Seems I am rather unhealthy - poor immune system etc/ Acupuncturist asked me to ask GP about my thyroid levels - my BBT is apparently a bit low, about 35.9 on ave before O, and about between 36.1 - 36.6 after O. Apparently according to my acupuncturist/ Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner they need to be over 36.7 after O to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Didnt have any immunity to chicken pox, so just got the vaccine last week. Been told I cant fall pregnant for a month b/c of the vaccine being a live virus and potential terrible consequences for the foetus if I get chicken pox. So ironically for the first time in years DH and I dont want to fall preggers and used protection when we DTD

Hope everyone else is ok and not getting too miserable with this cold weather and the shorter days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roma- how is the spotting going? So frustrating that is can't be easy once you see the heartbeat at least.

Bella- how are you going? I have been thinking of you all weekend!

Paddle- your temp is on the low side! Do you feel cold normally? It's amazing how much knowledge the acu and tcm people have! Glad you are getting healthy. Must have been so strange using protection and trying not to fall pregnant!

Afm- bt today showed my hcg is tracking well. Had a follow up bt cos I was freaking out about another misscarriage DH is ready to lock my away... Quick question (probably for Felicita) my progesterone has only gone from 60 to 70 in a week. I'm using crinone twice a day. Is this enough? No one seems to be very worried except for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    paddlegirl - We've had Stuart picked out since about 2009. When you're waiting for sperm to become available and fully expect IVF to work quickly once you do have sperm then there's not much else to do except think of baby names. In early 2010 we even thought up some names in case hypothetical bubs had ambiguous genitalia, so that we wouldn't have to pigeon-hole them into male or female before they were ready. Vivien, Kerry, Jamie. We found the gender ambiguous names easier than thinking of girls names. DH was often inclined against Vivien (or Vivian, we hadn't sorted out spelling) because our surname begins with V. He said it would make them a supervillain. I pointed out that the superheroes (Marvel series I think it is, like Peter Parker) also have first and last name starting with the same letter.
    But I wish we hadn't thought of names so early when we were optimistic. It felt like it made it so much harder when it looked for all the world like we were never going to be parents. It made it less like not realising a dream, and more like killing a named bub.

traveler - I'm not an expert on the progesterone in pregnancy - I've only ever had one BFP. My understanding is that so long as it is high enough (i.e. over 30-ish) then all is good.
    My loose understanding is that one follicle makes about 40 progesterone once it gets into full swing. I also think that max placental progesterone later is about 200-250. Placenta should be making high enough progesterone to continue pregnancy by 12 wks, when ovarian follicle/s stop their production.
    For natural pregnancies some people use progesterone early on to judge if it's twins, but it's basically just counting the number of follicles that ovulated. 40 = 1, 80 = 2.
    I've wondered if my progesterone ought to have dropped around 12 wks, from 600 early on (fresh cycle, lots of follies), to about 500 (2 placentas worth). Never bothered to measure it, but it still felt like it increased around 12 wks. It also felt like oestrogen went up then, but neither my Ob nor a couple of midwifes I know could say what oestrogen is supposed to do. I went looking just now for my own curiosity and found a little graph at http://www.fastbleep.com/medical-not...aeds/16/79/492 which also has the pattern of progesterone on it for you.
    Just like with hCG, so long as you meet the minimum level then it's the pattern not the actual number that's more important.
    Both 60 and 70 are greater than 40, so I wouldn't worry about your progesterone - it's high enough to keep AF away. Crinone twice daily raises my progesterone by about 30, so that indicates you're making about 40 progesterone on your own. I haven't remembered what sort of cycle you're on, or where you're up to. But that number would suggest either a few weeks with 1 follicle on a natural FET, or a few months in on medicated FET with placenta starting to ramp up production. Just went back and saw that few weeks on FET is the correct answer, but didn't see if natural or medicated, but your progesterone says natural.
    Last edited by felicita; 29-05-2012 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

I hope everyone is well

Traveller; congratulations that is wonderful news.

Felicita: glad to hear everything is progressing well with the twins. I laughed about the smack in the head. Did you get a picture of that?

Roma: I hope your scan went well.

Catemar: have you any news on MIL yet?

Nat: I have a BT and US before FET as they need to make sure hormones are good and the lining is thick enough to do transplant. 8mm is the least so the thicker the better.

There are so many ladies here now I can't keep track of everyone, so I am sending everyone a big Hello and and warm wishes.

AFM: Nothing much happening. I have booked in with WFC to start my next load of meds before FET. Hopefully US and BT come back good for me to start 18 June. So I think I should be transferring about 2 weeks later.