Closed Thread
Page 118 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Traveler - that's amazing! Huge congrats. Really hope it's a sticky bub.

As for your question to me - we did the microdissection for DH last cycle. There was no sperm to be found, all out of options on that front. It's donor or nothing. We used the donor sperm on the last cycle - unfortunately we didn't get any frosties. The one that was transferred did work, but m/c at 7 weeks. So need to stim again. I am still kind of bleeding - it stops, then I get another blob again, then I think it's stopped for a day, then another blob. Went for a BT today and FS saw me there & came to have a chat (the nurses were all in a training session, so he was actually about to take my blood himself when they came out - just as well as I don't think he'd done it in a long time! ) He said it can take a while but he prefers this way to a D&C (me too). We have appointment with him next week anyway, so can discuss plan of action. Who knows how long it will be until I can start again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler - Amazing news... I'll keep my fx for you xx

Felicita - A boy and girl, how beautiful!

Well nothing happening naturally with me yet. AF arrived today so it's the start of more trying. I'm throwing everything I can into the next couple cycles (preseed, fertileCM, megafol, dexmethasone, aspirin, pineapple and kiwi fruit!)

Less than 4 months till my wedding, so we're trying naturally until then. I'll be doing a fresh cycle as soon as we get back from honeymoon (if I get my way lol). Everything is booked so the countdown is on! I ended up losing 10kg and 46cm all over in my 12 week body transformation too so I'm pleased with that!

RI appt next month, then I'll be making appt to see a FS for the testing and all again since its been nearly a whole year since last ivf transfer.

Hope everyone is well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler - Wonderful news!! Keeping everything crossed that this one is your miracle. Look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the congrats girls. Am still "planning for the worst but hoping for the best." just so stressed about the 7 week scan, but nothing I can do about it I guess.

Peonies- sorry if this is a silly question but cos your DH had no sperm does that mean he never will now? I would have been terrified if my FS even hinted at taking my blood!!! Sorry you are still bleeding, it is the worst cos all you want to do is get on with life but it is a constant reminder.

Nat- 10 kg!!!!! Wow!!! You must be a new woman!! I really hope you can fall naturally and you won't need another stim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveller!! OMG!! So happy to read your good news after you were so despondant at FET time. That embie must be a real fighter! Crossing everything this one stays sticky.

Hi to everyone else, sorry for the long absence. Busy with work & travel, will be back for personals when I get home on the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big congrats to you traveller you deserve all the happiness in the world !!!

Felicita did I just read your having a boy and girl ??? That's fabulous news, you must be over the moon!!!!

Not long now til the big day Nat and big congrats in your massive achievement!!!

Hi to everyone else just a quickly to say congrats and Bon voyage (eve) haha - just one more day for a summer holiday and get away from this freezing weather, fly out tommorrow - been sick with what I call Thailand tummy all week hope it goes today !!!! Good luck SYD girls and I'll be back before you know it doing an FET after a well earned break

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - well done! That's fantastic. All the best for your wedding!

Traveler - no, DH basically doesn't produce any sperm. He has Sertoli cell only syndrome, which means he only produces Sertoli cells, but no germ cells - which would germinate the other cells and create sperm. (hope I've explained that correctly - I'm sure Felicita can clarify if I've got it wrong! ) They have no idea why he doesn't produce germ cells - his hormone levels are fine, all chromosomes appear fine, it's a mystery. It was hoped that they might be able to find a few random sperm lying around by doing the microdissection, but there were none.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sertoli cells are helper cells, just like the follicular cells help the egg develop.
    Germ cells make sperm, just as the egg comes from a dedicated baby egg germ cell. (They've probably got a fancier name than germ cell, but I'm expecting my maths student any minute now so don't think I have time to get my textbook.)

With Sertoli-only Syndrome (which my DH also has) you don't have any of the germ cells, you only have Sertoli cells, so there's no possible way to make a sperm.
    With DH we don't know if it's something he's had Sertoli-only all his life, or if the germ cells died after he became quadriplegic and lost the ability to regulate body temperature. It's the germ cells that are the fussy ones regarding being kept at the right temperature all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I have been a bit slack of late and have not posted on here, my apologies but trying to be more relaxed this cycle.

Can I just ask one question, we r doing our first FET and I am just wondering is it normal for them not to check ur lining? I am worried that since I ovulate late (cd16-18) that my lining may be too thick. I asked the nurse but I don't think she understood my question....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    congrats traveler! Keeping my fingers crossed for your bub

Felicita- Great news about your scan, so exciting

Hi everyone else.

Ok, serious advice needed.

Had an fet on 18/5, a 6 day hatching blast.

Had some very light brown spotting over the past 12 hrs or so.. Did a frer hpt and got a light positive... 7dp6dt. I also had a pregnyl shot (5000iu) on 16/5. Could it be a false positive from that? I'm still spotting, so don't have my hopes up at all...

I'm out of town so can't get to fs for a bt.

What do you girls think? I've felt like af might be coming all day...

(sorry if this is a bit disjointed but my mind is all over the place!)