Closed Thread
Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alison - hi. Glad to hear your op went well, although that virus sounds nasty! Enjoy your R&R time at home - hope you're starting to feel better now.

Mac - thinking of you. How did you go at your scan?

Wishing4 - when is your FET?

Paddlegirl - good on you for the weight loss & healthy lifestyle. Concentrating on other things like holidays will definitely help with stress levels anyway!

Hello to everyone else! Catemer - thinking of you & your DP. Hope everything is okay.

AFM: It has been disappointing & hard, especially Mothers' Day on Sunday. People were out & about with babies & kids everywhere & I got a bit upset. Otherwise going ok. I had a BT yesterday tocheck the levels. Progesterone has come right down to 2.5, which is not surprising as it was only being propped up by the pessaries anyway. HCG has come down a fair bit, but is still 768 (last reading before the m/s was over 4000). So I'm to have another BT sometime next week, and have made an appointment to see the FS in 2 weeks. Hopefully HCG will come down in time to start again with next AF, whenever that may be.

In the meantime we're moving house tomorrow, so busy busy! We're moving from the inner west to the Hills district (which made much more sense when I was UTD , but looking forward to it anyway). Can anyone help please with a recommendation for acupuncture? Last time I did it at a place in Newtown, which worked for me as a location - but now it won't. If the procedures are at Greenwich again, and we're living in the Hills, then anywhere in between, in that general "over there" area would be better than Newtown. Or maybe just somewhere close to home would be better, for the lead-up and follow-up sessions ... and in case we decide to do the EPU and ET at Westmead instead of Greenwich. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies I used to see David Lau Fertility TCM/Acupunturist - he works from home in Castle Hill & also in Surry Hills. He was really good & flexible with hrs. I stopped when we moved away late last year. G/L with the move & hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Peonies - hope the move went well. Good luck for your FS appt, hopefully you can start another cycle again soon.

Following another scan my missed m/c was confirmed and I had a d&c this week. Not fun but I'm feeling better that it's now over and I can look forward. We have a couple of frozen embies but not sure when we will do a cycle. DH and I are feeling like we need a break.

I'm going to take a break from bhub for a little while too. In the meantime, sending you all lots and lots of .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mac8: hang in there and best of luck for your next step. XXX

Peonies: the move sounds exciting. Hope things are getting a little easier and that a way forward becomes clear for you both. XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

To everyone else, whether lurking in the corner, taking a break, or right in the thick of a TWW, hello! How's it doing? Thank you to everyone for all the support you gave us over the last cycle. I know I wasn't active in here, but getting the daily emails of people sending hugs and thoughts was nice to see people cared.

We now need some advice.

After our bit of a break DP couldn't wait to get back on to the next cycle, which is an EPU cycle for us.
    So finally we started injecting on Thursday night and we were both really excited to be back on the path IYKWIM. I know, crazy right, looking forward to injections?!?

However, yesterday we found out that my MIL has breast cancer. It's still only early days re diagnosis treatment etc and MIL sees a surgeon on Friday, which is meant to be when DP has her next scan and bloods to check on eggs. But if MIL Has her surgery and treatment start soon after then we will be out of town and won't be here for EPu or anything.

So our options as I see it are
    1. Pull the pin on this cycle completely and start again once we know more about MIL
    2. Continue on with EPU but get all embies frozen
    3. Continue on like nothing is going on and hope for the best.

What would you do?
    How does stress impact on a cycle?
    Any other advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    catemer - My order of preference would be 3. 2. 1.
    Long IVF journeys always end up stressful, but they can still work. The clinics advise that stress does not affect IVF chances.

If you knew how long you would be delaying IVF for, then option 1 might become more favourable, but while things are unknown with MIL I wouldn't delay the IVF indefinitely. To look at a positive and a negative outcome for MIL with respect to your IVF: If the outcome is positive, then it may seem silly in retrospect to have put IVF on hold; If the outcome is negative, then MIL might prefer you to take every opportunity for her to see a grandchild.

Other advice for MIL:
    Don't use echinacea. I can PM about that if you want.

Good luck. I hope things work out OK.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

catemer  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    catemer, really sorry to hear about your MIL.

I agree with felicita, I'd carry on. Your doing the cycle would be a positive thing everyone could think about during this tough time for your MIL and partner's family.

XXX

9. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

catemer  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catmere- I am so sorry you are facing this tough time to be honest I would delay. Only this cycle while you are waiting to hear MIL prognosis and treatment. If the news from the surgeon is terrible (which I really hope it's not) it will throw your life into an absolute spin of sadness, and if it were me I would hate to be PUPO trying not to cry uncontrollably in case it affected the emby etc. I would only delay one month after the initial turmoil though.

Good luck with the decision and all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi catemer
    Sorry to hear about your MIL. My two cents, and its only my two cents, is to go ahead, only because you dont know for sure what will happen with your MIL's treatment - there is a chance she doesnt need surgery and treatment, and we're all crossing our fingers and toes this is the case for her. And there is never a really good time for IVF. There is always the chance life will throw another curve ball at us. A close friend of mine is having IUI while her father has been having chemo for cancer on and off for the past 12 months. She has been to see him (interstate) in between cycles. And I think she would be glad she hadnt delayed treatment. The other thing is, if MIL needs treatment, it might go on for a while - how long would you be willing to delay IVF? At some point I guess you need to carry on with your lives and what you need to do.
    but at the end of the day, its whatever you and your DP feel comfortable with... and best wishes
    Last edited by paddlegirl; 19-05-2012 at 19:08. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessika View Post
    Paddlegirl That's great that you've been so disciplined - losing a kg is always a bonus, have you noticed any other benefits like feeling better as in sleep, skin or moods? for a natural miracle!
    Thanks Nessika, I did notice that my sleep was better for a while since starting the diet. Its hard to say now as I've had a virus for two weeks that has become a sinus infection so I am having trouble breathing, especially when I lie down so sleep isnt good now. But before the virus, sleep was better as I wasnt using coffee to wake me up. I think too I was trying to go to bed earlier (without coffee as a crutch) and my energy levels were more stable throughout the day. Skin/ moods - no change, and to be honest some days I was feeling deprived and wanted to have some chocolate so might have been a tad crabby!! More used to it now.

Peonies yes I think focussing on other things helps my stress levels. I'm a bit of a stresshead. Wish I was more like DH who is more relaxed and laid back!