Closed Thread
Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Roma, that's wonderful news!! The most perfect Christmas present ever.

Thanks everyone for their kind thoughts. The FN called me this morning to see how the scan went and offered to do a BT to see where my levels were. HCG is right where it should be at 71,585 but progesterone has more than halved since my BFP BT. Was 900, now 348. So while the FN said that we can't knowfor sure until the scan next week, I think it's a pretty clear indication that bub stopped growing, she just didnt want to say it. I wish I didnt have to wait for the scan. I dread going back in there and having to see no heartbeat and the looks of pity from the sonographer. Ugh. DH wants to have some hope and wait till we get the final confirmation but I just know we've already got it and I feel much better able to cope with everything by being pragmatic and moving on. Waiting, wishing and all the anxiety is just awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mac8 - I admire your strength right now. I was unable to be as strong and practical as you are now so soon after receiving such sad news. It is good that you are prepared and ready to move on. The next scan will be painful but I guess it's closure. When it happened to me, that second scan was when I knew it really wasn't meant to be that time. Not seeing the heartbeat was devastating but I think for me, I had to see it to accept what had happened.

Thinking of you.

XXX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    firstly, peonies what a sad time for you and your hubby. I don't know what else to say except I hope you both look after one another

Mac same goes to you . The waiting must be so hard ..
    Lindy I totally get what you mean by wanting to skip mothers day . So unfair for the rest of us who haven't been lucky enough yet

Roma you are one lucky gal! Boxing day baby sounds lovely

Thanks for the replies about the FET . It still feels like mine is ages away due to my longish cycles

Hello and GL to everyone else
    Last edited by Lillac; 09-05-2012 at 18:48.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mac I'm so sorry that the scan didn't go to plan. I totally get where you are coming from about not wanting the second scan. I hated the pity and sympathy in their voices, even when they called out my name in the waiting room you could hear it. The only consolation is that their stupid voices and the whole situation made me angry rather than sad, so I wasn't a blubbering mess in the room... I really hope it's a happy and surprising outcome for you instead of a sad one though.

Can I offer some advice? I'm really sorry, it's quite pessimistic and not what you want to be thinking about right now. I cant remember if u have had a misscarriage before, but think about how you want to proceed (D&C, natural etc) before the appointment. Cos you will feel totally overwhelmed, won't be thinking straight and may get talked into something that you haven't thought properly about. Im really sorry to bring it up, I just found everything overwhelming and everyone was in a hurry to end my pregnancy, I would have liked time to think through my options.

I really hope I haven't upset you, and I really hope you find a heartbeat next week.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Peonies - I dont know what to say, if I could give you the biggest hug and it take away all your pain I would.

Mac8 - to you as well, such a terrible thing, however I am still trying to be positive for you and that next scan will bring the little miracle we are praying for you.

Quartz - I love hearing your updates and how your twins are going, I find it so refreshing and wonderful to know the success that we will all have eventually, especially when all of us have been through the ringer - you included, please dont feel guilty for sharing xx

Catamer - How are you and your DP holding up?

Roma - Big congratulations to you heres to an uneventful next 8 or so months and one beautiful healthy little bubba for christmas

Big and hello to everyone else i have missed.

AFM - Had the op on Tuesday last week, and have been told everything went very well, although he didnt take out all the endometriosis but i dont know why, was out of it till lunch the next day (some good pain killers there lol). Recovering well, and he re confirmed that both tubes are now open and have no restrictions although since Sept one wrapped around my right ovary - how the hell does that happen?? So DH and I are looking to go back to FS early June and get a new plan of attack, we are hoping we could look at trying naturally for a month or two since tubes are no longer blocked or ICIS (I think that is the right one) or something along those lines. Still on the DHEA so come June there should hopefully have some good eggies ready to go. Until then no heavy lifting and just taking it easy.

xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alison12 For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Don't worry traveler, you've not upset me at all. It's something I've been thinking about to be honest. While I really don't want to have to go in for another procedure and get a d&c I don't think I could bear waiting around for weeks for a natural miscarriage. I'm going to see what my FS says though I guess.

Alison - great news that your op went so well. It would be lovely to conceive naturally if you could, having fun the old fashioned way too!! Good luck

Quartz - lovelt to hear from you. Would love to see a piccieof those bubs next time you pop in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mac8: I am so sorry to hear about your scan. the next one they will find that heartbeat. When my sister fell pregnant they could not find the bub for 5 hours during her scan and then they didn't get a heartbeat. So after another hour they finally found it. Her 'little bub' was in a bad position for locating. Don't think the worse just yet. Hang in there cause miracles do happen.

TTHC: I have to go to Qld again and collect my mum. Sounds funny but she doesn't like to drive long trips buy herself. So I am thinking it will probably be Mid June before my next FET.

Roma: Great news on your scan. My DP was born boxing day many years ago. It will be a good Xmas for you.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well.

AFM: still going on with acupuncture and still thinking about transferring both Embies that I have left if FS will let me. to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies I am so sorry about your loss. I was so excited for you, reading through the posts.... until I read your bad news. Hope you're taking care of yourself...

Mac, also I am so sorry hun..... I can understand why you wouldn’t want to go in for the second scan. I hope your FS is sensitive and understanding and gives you the space and time to decide how you want to proceed. Neither option (having a d&c versus not) is really what any of us want.

Catemer, hope your DP is feeling better now. It must have been terrible having all that heavy bleeding. My thoughts are with you both ....It definitely is hard to keep going cycle after cycle. I found having a break was good for my mental health, if thats what you decide.

Lillac and TTHC, sorry about your BFN’s. Its not fair, is it?

Roma, congrats on being UTD, that fantastic news!!

Quartz, hooray! Glad to hear your babies are doing well .... it must be nervewrecking waiting for that next scan.... A friend of mine who is UTD says being pregnant is almost as stressful as trying to get pregnant! Fingers crossed for that rest of the pregnancy is uneventful.

Bella, good luck on your FET next week. I understand how you might feel torn about taking the leave. I would too. But as the others said, as you have the leave, why not take it? I presume taking annual leave isn’t an option? One other factor is this – would it be hard for you to go through the TWW without DH’s support? I did it once and when I got my BFN, it was extra hard without DH around. Fingers crossed this next cycle is your lucky one and you wont need to deal with that outcome, but still, as we know from experience the TWW can be worrying. Just my two cents....

Traveler, thanks for asking about me but I wont be starting a cycle anytime too soon. Taking a break for my mental health, and trying to get healthy first..... see below

Lindy, camping and getting away on Mothers Day weekend is a great idea. Its great too that you have your fitness and exercise to focus on. City to Surf – DH asked if I wanted to do it this year. I said no – the only time I attempted it, I walked it, but got blisters and couldn’t even finish it. Had to get on the St Johns Ambulance Bus to get to the finish line LOL

Wishing, I saw somewhere you said you were “damp”... our acupuncturist said the same about DH. He has to cut down on coconut milk, cream, oil, fats etc.

Hi to nessika, felicita, nattie and anyone else I’ve missed. Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely sunshine!!

AFM: nothing much happening here. Still on a break. Found the IVF roller coaster too emotional. Having weekly acupuncture now (had 3 sessions so far) and trying to stick to our no wheat, diary, processed foods, sugar diet. Hoping for a natural miracle I guess. One plus of the diet is we have both lost weight – myself maybe only a kilo or two but pants are looser, DH has lost 4kg (he’s overweight). Also, have a family holiday (with Mum, Dad, Sis, Bro and their families) in June so its not a good time to start a cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paddlegirl That's great that you've been so disciplined - losing a kg is always a bonus, have you noticed any other benefits like feeling better as in sleep, skin or moods? for a natural miracle!

Wishing4 FS gives you what you want - I don't know all the history there

Alison12 Wishing you a fast recovery and some great eggies

Quartz great to hear the twins are going well (hope hernia is fine?) You so deserve this happiness It's a great reminder to the rest of us that IVF isn't all bad.

Bella978 Are you going to have your 2WW break from work? I think it's a good idea to be calm and rest if possible, my BFP came during the Xmas holidays when I was away.

Roma Congratulations on your wonderful scan results

Lilac Glad you have something positive to look forward to in June

Lindylou Very smart idea to have something like fitness to focus on which is beneficial to your health as well

Thinking of the ladies who need atm too
    Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM I waited for several wks to see a new FS, new clinic etc & I can't stop thinking about the disappointing f/b he gave us last Friday. Wasn't too optimistic that he could help us & gave me a 10% chance. I have amh <1 but which meant only getting 1 egg @ retrieval but since using HCG have been getting 3 fert eggs. Anyway was wondering if anyone else has been given a bad rating & beaten the odds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Just wanting to say hi and hope everyone is going well, has been a bit quite on here lately so hoping you are all good.

Mac sending you lots of and your second scan shows a little miracle instead of the heartbreak.

Roma - how are you travelling?

Catemer - how are you and DP going?

Peonies - hope you and your DH are coping ok too.

AFM - still recovering from op, all good except i ended up with a virus that made all my joints swell and was in so much pain when I moved them - not fun. Other than that back to work on Monday, so enjoying the time at home at the moment and the sunshine.

Hi to everyone else i missed and hope you are well.

xx