Closed Thread
Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I broke and POAS this morning....BFP! BT on Tuesday so won't celebrate until then but very excited all the same

Am going out with DH for a lovely breakkie in the sun - back later for personals!!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh hooray Mac8!!!! So happy for you. I hope it's uneventful!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Mac8. I did it too... And it's a BFP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's raining BFPs! Congrats Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    On a natural ovulating cycle:

As egg matures, oestrogen rises.
    - Oestrogen helps grow uterine lining in preparation for implantation.
    - Oestrogen also helps produce fertile CM in preparation for sperm.

After egg releases from follicle, progesterone rises.
    - Progesterone keeps AF away.
    - It changes the endometrium slightly to make it more comfortable for an embryo.
    - It peaks around 1 week after ovulation, then unless the follicle receives hCG from the implanting embryo progesterone will fall again. If hCG is received then progesterone should stay high and/or increase.

Without a natural cycle you'll take hormones to mimic the those functions, even if you don't reproduce the timing exactly.
    Going on progesterone pessaries should instantly bump your levels up to where they should be, instead of the slow rise of a natural cycle. The latest I would expect someone to start progesterone would be at embryo transfer. It might be unnecessary to start it earlier because there's nothing attempting to implant before transfer? The change to the endometrium probably happens quite quickly once progesterone hits the system.

I don't know the difference in blood progesterone levels when on pessaries vs crinone (different products for the same outcome). I do know that 2 crinone a day isn't quite high enough to keep my AF away completely. If that were my only source of progesterone I'd want close monitoring of levels to be ready to up the dose if results are coming in borderline (<35). Could be practical to start progesterone 1 or 2 days prior to ET, then get blood test at ET to check what level your supplementation reaches and adjust after ET if needed.
    Hi Felicita

Thankyou for the info I really appreciate it. I think I might ask for close monitoring of my levels once transfer has been done so I feel less apprehensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry everyone hit the send button before I finished.

Bebe: I am so happy everything is good with your bub. Rest up.
    Peonies: Congratulations I hope your next BT is good results too . Take it easy.
    Lindylou: I hope your appointment with FS is good. Thankyou for your thoughts.
    Traveller: Best of luck with FET
    Kelbelle: Congrats on BFP
    Mac8: Congrats on BFP. Good luck with BT
    Catemar: I hope TWW is not too stressful. heaps of sticky
    Lilac: Good luck with EPU
    Roma: Congrats to you too on BFP. good luck with BT
    TTHC: Thankyou for your thoughts. How is everything with you.

Hello to everyone I have missed.

AFM: My thyroid test came back really good (yeh) as did all my other BT results. Naturopath said my body is in really good condition at moment. So I only have 1 more test tomorrow for Iodine levels. I had my first bout of acupuncture yesterday (recommended by FN). I still need to talk with my FS and also ask for testing of progesterone after next ET. I am not allowed to eat too much pasta, dairy or carbs either. Acup man said my body is damp. I had a bit of a chuckle and he changed it to phlegmy. My DP and me have had a bit of a win this weekend. I finally sold my car, we finally won a tender for install of alarms, got cheque from medicare after 3 months of waiting and I got my guide dog puppy back. I was raising him for guide dogs but he is a very boisterous one and too strong so he did not make the cut. So now he's mine woohoo. So I am in a happy place and will be looking at FET in mid may.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies, hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Romaverona - Congrats on your BFP!! Such brilliant news! Good luck for your BT this week.

Peonies - Good luck for your 2nd BT today. Any more bleeding? Yuor levels were great on Sat so hopefully you're on the home stretch now

Wishing4 - Fab that you're all fighting fit and healthy. You sound great and really positive and ready for your FET next month. We'll all be sending you lots of in the lead up!

Lillac - Good luck for your EPU today, hope you get lots of great eggs and the procedure goes really quickly for you! I was fast with my FSH jabs too - 8 days, but I was pleased it went so quickly as after being on the long down OCP cycle it was really dragging by that time!

Bebe - How are you going? All settled down and feeling rested after your hospital dash? Hope you've been able to have some nice chats with DH, sure you're missing him so much and must be so hard for him to be away from you during a scare like that too.

Catemer - how are you and DP going with the TWW this time round? Not too long till your BT now!

Lindy - Good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a brilliant time with the kids, sure they think you are the best aunty ever!! Hope everything goes well with work this week and that you have a good appt with your FS and you come away with confidence and positivity for your next cycle. And also, a big THANK YOU for your commitment to keeping the roll call updated - I'm amazed at how you keep up with everyone. It's really appreciated

AFM - well the big BT is tomorrow morning. I haven't POAS since yesterday but will probably test again tomorrow morning before I head in. Talk about nervous wating games!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac8 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lindylou - great to hear from you! Glad you had such a wonderful time with the kids visiting. I hope your FS appointment goes well!

Wishing4 - that's great news about the puppy and the financial stuff. Hope it's all good luck for your cycle.

AFM: Well it's still up in the air, I'm afraid. Just got my results from today's BT. HCG has gone up but not as much as it should. It is 266, compared to 182 on Fri. FS rang me himself, and said at least it's going in the right direction and is not toooo bad, just not as much as we'd like. But amazingly, the progesterone has only gone up one point, from 22 to 23, despite me doubling the dose. WTF? He didn't seem too negative about that, strangely. He said above 20 is feasible, but would like to see more obviously. I notice the bleeding really eases off after I use a pessary, so it is doing something but it's not absorbing into my blood ****** obviously. He wasn't keen on the idea of progesterone injections though, but he did tell me to keep using 4 pessaries. (I told the nurse this morning I used 4 instead of 3 and they didn't seem to mind that at all).

Nothing I can do except rest, and have another BT on Wed. On bed/couch rest for today & tomorrow. FS agreed that it is a possible explanation that it might have split and now one is disappearing but the other still going ... but Wed's result will show us what direction things are going I guss. He said the pregnancy is trying to take hold, but all I can do is just wait & see what happens and be prepared for the possibility of miscarriage. He also said he has seen plenty of pregnancies where the levels were a little bit slow to grow at first and then just took off. And he said he just did a scan on someone who had some bleeding but now, 2 weeks later it has all cleared up & everything is fine. He was giving more of a positive viewpoint than the nurses, who seem to be all about expecting the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest up Peonies - good news that your HCG levels are still going up. Good that your FS is positive too. for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mac8 - congratulations.

peonies - I think the best thing to hope for now (apart from everything to be perfect) is that your idea that you had twins that are turning into a singleton pregnancy was correct. That could help explain why hCG didn't rise as much as hoped. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM - 14 wks today. Will get to see bubs at Ob appt this afternoon.
    Last edited by felicita; 16-04-2012 at 14:21.