Closed Thread
Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1641
    Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvla hope all is well. Thinking of you. Hope you managed to get some rest tonight before seeing your obs today.

paddlegirl - hello and best of luck with the changes you're making. It is devastating facing loss like this repeatedly. It really does take its toll and it's takes guts to face it all again and again.

Mac8 - same boat as you but a few days later. I had my second 1500 of pregnyl on Tuesday. Still have a bruise to prove it... I read that the injection hangs around for 12 days. Correct me someone if I'm wrong. I should have POAS the moment I got home and repeated until I got a negative to make sense of any tests I do from now on in. Too late now.

XXX

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (14-04-2012),paddlegirl  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac8 View Post
    Congrats Peonies!!!!

Congrats on your DP being PUPO Catemer - you twinies stick

AFM I'm 6dp5dt and havent POAS yet. I had a Pregnyl 1500 jab the day after the transfer (Sat) and I'm worried that I'll get a false positive from the Pregnyl still being in my system. Anyone else had Pregnyl jabs, when do you reckon I should test?
    They say to add up the total dose if pregnyl, so if you had a pregnyl trigger plus follow up pregnyl shots add them all together and divide by 1000 and this is the number of days the pregnyl would be in your system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Mac8  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bebehvala - how scary! Good luck today at the obs. all is well for you. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

paddlegirl - great to hear from you again! Sorry you've had such a difficult time. I think it's good that you have a break, emotionally.

AFM: Girls, I'm confused and bit worried now & need some advice please. As of yesterday afternoon I've been having some more spotting, but heavier than before. It's not constant, there was a bit then it stopped, but then I had more overnight & still this morning. It is not bright red at all, it's brown or rusty coloured. It's not a full bleed, just spotting or streaking. Feels like AF is coming with that low, dull ache again. At a few days past transfer I was thrilled to get the dull ache and spotting as I felt it was probably implantation. Now, not so sure & not so thrilled. It's heavier spotting now too. I used to get this sort of spotting for several days before I'd get AF - it actually got longer & longer and then, after I had the fibroids removed, the spotting stopped & I would just get AF and that was that. So I figured the long, drawn-out brown spotting was related to the fibroids. But here I have it again now.

So I've been so worried it's a chemical & I'm losing it. But the test this morning was still positive and, in fact, was definitely a darker line than yesterday. I also had the most horrendous headache on Wed and yesterday - yesterday was really bad. I had a really early night & finally got a decent sleep, for the first time since transfer. Headache much better this morning.

So, could this be:
    a) old blood just flushing out & nothing to worry about,
    b) just an irritation from the progesterone & nothing to worry about,
    c) the placenta setting up shop & actually a good thing,
    d) AF coming & this is a checmical pregnancy?
    e) Something else I haven't thought of?

Any thoughts please?

I could ring the clinic, but the other day when I said I'd had a little spotting the FN just said, "oh it's probably just the progesterone" so I imagine they'll say the same again if I ring & tell me to just wait for my BT on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    So, could this be:
    a) old blood just flushing out & nothing to worry about,
    b) just an irritation from the progesterone & nothing to worry about,
    c) the placenta setting up shop & actually a good thing,
    d) AF coming & this is a checmical pregnancy?
    e) Something else I haven't thought of?

Any thoughts please?
    Darker HPT is a promising start.

a) yes
    b) IMO doubtful. I've heard that nurses say progesterone might cause irritation, but I really have my doubts about that one being true. I think it's just something they say when they've no idea and are trying to be reassuring.
    c) yes
    d) possible, but increasing hCG (POAS) means less likely.
    e) Check your progesterone now. If it's low get extra (and different) supplementation. If it's high enough then don't worry about AF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Felicita! So you think I should go in & request a BT now, today??

One other thing I just thought of is a long shot, but possible. I only had a single embryo transfer, but it was ICSI so there is a possibility it tried to split & one is not making it but the other's still okay. Possible? Unlikely I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think yes check progesterone today. Nurses were really nice the cycle I asked for an early progesterone check (and mine weren't low at all - 50).

Also possible you're dropping back to a singleton. It happens quite often.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I just rang, and she seemed so doubtful about the whole idea. They're letting me come in for the BT "for your peace of mind, but it's really too early to tell anything, and there's nothing that could be done". "Most people only need the pessaries, I really don't think your progesterone levels could be a problem, blah blah blah". And they won't be able to give me any results until tomorrow. But they'll do the BT at 12:00.

Spotting seems heavier now too. It's so confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - so glad you're getting the blood test today.

Thinking of you.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    BT done. Funny how, even though the FN kind of tried to talk me out of the idea on the phone & patronised me a bit, when I got there she said I was totally doing the right thing going in today & it was a good idea. And that my test was only supposed to be on Monday because it otherwise should fall on Sunday (they're not open on weekends) so today wasn't too bad. Maybe she actually went & read my file after she got off the phone to me. But then, when I said, "well it will be good because I can just keep the test on Mon as well & then we can see if levels are rising", she said, "Oh well, it depends. If the levels are good in today's test then we probably wouldn't do another test." WTF? I thought the deal with hCG is that it's not so much exactly what the level is but the fact that it doubles, and that's the most important thing.

Anyway, she did say that the positive HPT was a good sign, and said again that the cramping and spotting were common side effects of the pessaries. Hmmm, not too sure. I asked her if she thought I should do a pessary this afternoon when I get home (currently I do them at bedtime, then early morning). She said no, but I wonder if it can hurt. Just keeping fingers crossed.
    We bumped into Dr Golovsky too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    for your bloods, Peonies.