Closed Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1002
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minipolly- thank you.

    I just wanted to say that my first round of clomid 50mg resulted the same as you. I was diagnosed with pcos as well. I was put on diabex to help with that.. Don't be to down.. It sucks I know but hopefully your FS can sort it out for you and at least you have found out what's happening. x

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to missmya84 For This Useful Post:

    minipolly2b  (13-12-2011)

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Hi Mam, thanks for thinking of me!

    I had my first scan yesterday afternoon on CD12 and FS said that both ovaries are polycystic with no sign of any dominant follicle
    He said all the little follicles are the same size and he doesn't hink I have responded to the 25mg. But we are doing another scan on CD15 Thursday, just to see if the response is a bit delayed.
    If no response then I am guessing the IUI cycle will be cancelled because the clinic closes over Christmas / New Year so even if I respond late, we will just have to try naturally instead of IUI. Very disappointed and upset, even though I knew the first cycle was experimental to see what dose I would respond to, I just feel like my body is so broken and I hate it.

    He also suggested that we try 50mg next cycle and if I don't respond, he prefers to use injectables (FSH injections) as he has more control over it, and can up the dose if needed during the cycle so less chance of cancelling the cycle. Has anyone had this done instead?

    Wow Mam hospitalised for 2 weeks, sounds awful, is she ok now? That is my worst fear on clomid is the lack of control over my body's response to the drug, and like my FS said once it's in there we can't take it out again!
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that!!! Oh what a bummer!!! I have a feeling I will be in the same boat, I have very stubborn ovaries!! Haha!

    I know how disappointing it is, especially when u get all excited. I guess that's the thing about TTC. We get so excited about the things that just happen so naturally to more fertile women, it sucks that most women dont have to have scans and tests to just see if they release a freaking egg!!! :-( we are not even at the pregnant bit yet!!! Aarg!!

    As for the injectables, my old FS put me on them first up. They were great. My first scan showed no growth so they just upped the dose until there was a dominant follicle, and I ovulated for possibly the first (and last to this point) time in my life! So much easier to manage the dosage. The only reason i didn't do it again this time is that i have never taken clomid before and wanted to see if it had any effect.
    Another thing about the injectables is it makes the environment much more hospitable for sperm. Clomid has a horrid side effect of making CM not sperm friendly, but injections do not have that effect. Even though u will be having IUI so won't matter that much.

    Yeah my friend is fine now, actually pregnant 3 months later so she is really stoked.

    Yeah once that tablet is in your tummy there is nothing u can do about it!! Haha!! That's why I didn't want an unmonitored cycle! I was terrified after my friends ordeal! But she is much more sensitive to the drugs than I am.

    And remember, most women ovulate on 50. Haven't heard about many on 25, so maybe that slight increase will be all u need!!!!

    As for me, bloods on Friday and maybe a scan, hopefully something will be growing ! And cause I have PCOS im on metformin which is supposed to increase your chances of ovulating with clomid if u have PCOS. Hope hope hope!!!!!!!

    Xoxo

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

    minipolly2b  (13-12-2011)

  5. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much Mam & missmya. I already knew about the PCOS (have known for years) but was hoping the clomid would kick start them to have a dominant follicle, maybe the 50mg will do it. My FS isn't willing to give me a higher dose than that due to risk of OHSS (I'm at higher risk being low BMI + PCOS), he seems to like the injectables better. Thanks mam for sharing your experience of injectables, that might be what does it for me. Trying not to get ahead of myself though, the 50mg might just to the trick!

    I know, how frustrating that we have to have scans just to look for eggs!!! I am surrounded by friends and cousins who are either pregnant with their first or second baby, or have young babies now, driving me mental and feel like I'm so isolated amongst my friends. It's great to know there are others like me!

    Thanks for your support xx

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mam forgot to ask were there side effects from the injectables?
    And did it hurt much?

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,439
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    missmya thats great you got a good folli!

    AF arrived last night/this morning. Been really stressed with something to do with my daughter, so I wonder if thats why it came early?

    Anyway, I am starting clomid tomorrow (CD2) for my third cycle. It will be unmonitored and they gave me the go ahead to up my dose to 75mg, so thats good. Will be nice not to have a blood test every day for a week in the middle.

  8. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    north east victoria
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies

    Had my scan today cd15 to check follies. I have one nice big one on the right which is fantastic news. My obgyn said my lining wasnt as thick as it should be tho. I was excited about the follie and I forgot to ask what happens when the lining isnt as thick as she hoped.
    Anyone else been told this?
    Might do some googling to see what it means.

    Congrats missmya - exciting news for you
    minimolly good luck for your next cycle

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked
    184
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Hi Mam, thanks for thinking of me!

    I had my first scan yesterday afternoon on CD12 and FS said that both ovaries are polycystic with no sign of any dominant follicle
    He said all the little follicles are the same size and he doesn't hink I have responded to the 25mg. But we are doing another scan on CD15 Thursday, just to see if the response is a bit delayed.
    If no response then I am guessing the IUI cycle will be cancelled because the clinic closes over Christmas / New Year so even if I respond late, we will just have to try naturally instead of IUI. Very disappointed and upset, even though I knew the first cycle was experimental to see what dose I would respond to, I just feel like my body is so broken and I hate it.

    He also suggested that we try 50mg next cycle and if I don't respond, he prefers to use injectables (FSH injections) as he has more control over it, and can up the dose if needed during the cycle so less chance of cancelling the cycle. Has anyone had this done instead?

    Wow Mam hospitalised for 2 weeks, sounds awful, is she ok now? That is my worst fear on clomid is the lack of control over my body's response to the drug, and like my FS said once it's in there we can't take it out again! Is there the same risk with the FSH injections?

    Feeling really down today, just had high hopes for a Christmas BFP.


    missmya that's great you have a good sized follicle! You seem to respond well, that's awesome news.
    I have been in a similar situation where I have PCOS and have just started clomid (now on my second cycle). During previous scans fs has said that both ovaries were polycystic with no dominant follicles but after round 1 of clomid (50mg from day 3) I had one 20mm follicle on my right ovary ... cheering!! Hopefully all you need is that extra 25mg and you will get that one dominant one you need

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Mam forgot to ask were there side effects from the injectables?
    And did it hurt much?
    Hiya!!

    Side effects on the injections for me were the mood swings, but when I look back I think it was because my ex husband and I were not the best couple (hence the ex part now:-) ) and when I would get upset he would yell at me or make me feel worse... Whereas my dp now is just so supportive, all the mood swings I have had in the past 2 years have been met with hugs and back rubs, not arguments or harsh words... It makes all the difference!!

    Is he really worried about overstimulation on 50?? Its very unlikely, maybe he has had some bad experiences with patients on it.. I also have a low bmi and PCOS. I had to inject double the starting dose of injectables to get a follicle moving so my likelihood of overstimulation on 50 clomid is pretty low... My friend who was in hospital was on 150 or 200 (can't remember which) but it was a whole lot more. Lower doses didnt work for her, and then bam overstimulation!! And she only needed like a quarter of the injectable dose I needed to get numerous follies so everyone is sooo different!

    The jabs didn't hurt, just gotta get used to them. The trigger shot hurt more than the FSH ones.

    How many days has it been since the last tablet?? I'm still hoping that something happens for u, that it kicks start you or something!!! Stranger things have happened!

    Mam xo

  11. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hansmum View Post
    Hi ladies

    Had my scan today cd15 to check follies. I have one nice big one on the right which is fantastic news. My obgyn said my lining wasnt as thick as it should be tho. I was excited about the follie and I forgot to ask what happens when the lining isnt as thick as she hoped.
    Anyone else been told this?
    Might do some googling to see what it means.

    Congrats missmya - exciting news for you
    minimolly good luck for your next cycle
    Great u have a follie!!

    Might make implantation less likely if the lining isn't thick enough, but hopefully by the time the follie pops and makes it's way down it will be nice and thick! Fingers crossed!!!

    Mam xo

  12. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyBells View Post
    missmya thats great you got a good folli!

    AF arrived last night/this morning. Been really stressed with something to do with my daughter, so I wonder if thats why it came early?

    Anyway, I am starting clomid tomorrow (CD2) for my third cycle. It will be unmonitored and they gave me the go ahead to up my dose to 75mg, so thats good. Will be nice not to have a blood test every day for a week in the middle.
    Hey mybabybells!! At least AF didn't muck about! Shame you didn't get a BFP though!!

    I remember you saying that AF comes early... Do you always have a short luteal phase?? Do you take a progesterone support??

    G'luck with this cycle!!

    Mam xo


 

Similar Threads

  1. Injections Support Thread #2
    By GBA85 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 929
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 19:12
  2. Clomid Support thread #12
    By MonsterMummy in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:05
  3. TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #3
    By VintageLover in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1480
    Last Post: 25-05-2013, 22:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
The MAMA Centre
Pregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal care by medicare eligible midwives & holistic health practitioners. Massage, chiro, naturopathy, yoga, counselling & beauty therapy
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!