Closed Thread
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdsd View Post
    Does someone have to go with u or pick u up after EPU? Not that I know when it'll be yet but in case, I need someone Then I'll have to get DH to let his work know, he will need that afternoon off.. Well he might as well have the day off seeing as he needs to be there in the morning anyway lol..
    If you have GA at all, you aren't supposed to drive for 24 hours. TBH I could have driven home on my own, but only because I had to wait at the hospital for so long for DH to get back from running errands. Before that I was quite drowsy.

Not only the driving thing, but you are also supposed to have someone monitor you for 24 hours as well. If you do things by the book, that is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tj79 and Sariele, I'll see how brave I'm feeling, I've had my dh with me the 2 previous times but don't want to make a big fuss this time around, I should be a pro by now it's my third time! 😊

Kdsd- When I had my EPU done I was just heavily sedated, but I was so disorientated and dopey afterwards! Guess I'm a lightweight😉 I had dh with me to bring me home n look after me. I guess you don't know how you'll respond to drugs so I would organise someone to bring u home just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. I'll make sure DH brings me home then.. will definitely make the most having him wait on me that week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did all my procedures alone. The transfer was definiely a highlight for me - I was so captured by my beautiful little blast on the monitor that the transfer was over before I even realised!!
    And yeah, my EPU was under general, so I had to have someone come and pick me up. Concept wouldn't let me leave unless I had someone come and sign me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TJ79-Mine were removed for the same reasons, and we also found out before my first cycle. As painful as that dye test was, was worth it...dr Brett removed my tubes a couple months before my first cycle began. Fingers crossed this TWW brings you your BFP!

Leafy- thanks for clearing that up...not sure what HRT is or what kind of FET I will need. No doubt I will be googling the crap out of it once I find out hahaha..

How is everyone else going this week? Am going to call HFCS tomorrow and see when I can get an appointment, no doubt it will be sometime before the end of the year haha...does anyone know how the Medicare threshold works? Does it calculate by financial year or whole year?

I haven't been undergoing any expensive treatment or fertility treatment since 2010. So if I end up with a FET end of this year will I hit my threshold and be receiving the higher percentage back? Should I wait till next year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hilton- I'm never sure how the safety net works but know you can ring Medicare n they can tell u if your close to reaching it. FET costs approx 2400 plus drugs. The prognova is just oestrogen which u take orally, it's really cheap too.
    TMI alert 😊
    But the real 'fun' starts when you're 'thick' enough u use progesterone pessaries 3 times a day either vaginally( resting for an hour) or rectally ( no resting required but make sure u have no bowel movement for an hour after using). Rectally might seem grosse n I don't know about u but finding an hour 3 times a day to rest after pessary use vaginally is hard n not very convenient.

The pessaries are expensive though, n u need to get them from a compounding pharmacy, the price varies quite a bit too! There's one in floreat near bws which from memory I found to be the cheapest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Hilton- I'm never sure how the safety net works but know you can ring Medicare n they can tell u if your close to reaching it. FET costs approx 2400 plus drugs. The prognova is just oestrogen which u take orally, it's really cheap too.
    TMI alert ������
    But the real 'fun' starts when you're 'thick' enough u use progesterone pessaries 3 times a day either vaginally( resting for an hour) or rectally ( no resting required but make sure u have no bowel movement for an hour after using). Rectally might seem grosse n I don't know about u but finding an hour 3 times a day to rest after pessary use vaginally is hard n not very convenient.

The pessaries are expensive though, n u need to get them from a compounding pharmacy, the price varies quite a bit too! There's one in floreat near bws which from memory I found to be the cheapest.
    Thanks for that SJG! I completely forgot when I did my fresh cycle I had to do the crinone (I think that's what it was called) gel thing, two or three times a day! Argh....didn't even think of that...that definitely would be interesting to do with a active 1 year old....I'm lucky to pee in peace lol....

Thanks for bringing that up! I may do some research on the butt pill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The medicare safety net is calculated/collated in the calendar year. You have to register for it at the beginning of each calendar year. At the end of the financial year, you can get a medicare benefits statement and also one from your health fund to put towards out of pocket medical expenses. Anything over $2060 for the financial year you get back 20% in your tax return.
    I try to get most scripts from the same pharmacy and at the end of financial year ask for a printout of it all for our family to put towards our tax. Any scripts bought from other pharmacies (eg IVF drugs) i keep the receipts in a file ready for tax.

At HFC and Hollywood hospital, all the anaesthetists use a degree of sedation or general anaesthetic for egg collections and associated procedures. Hospital policy is you must have another adult to collect you and be with you for 24hrs post anaesthetic. The difference between sedation and general is with sedation its a smaller quantity of the same drugs used for general anaesthetic. depending how you respond to the initial dose of the drugs during procedire determines the need for further doses as the procedure continues.

We could've gone ahead with IVF from october last year, but chose to wait til start this year in case it took a few goes etc.

AFM: i'm well, pregnancy progressing fine, no problems at all. Funny to think that its been such a hard road to get here (twice!) and with both pregnancies its been a breeze. am thinking heaps of you girls that remember me and hoping and praying you won't have to wait too much longer, its been long enough already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Wow this thread has become so busy just wanted to pop in and say hello and thank you to everyone for all of the thoughts and kindness, D&C all over and done with, testing will be done and waiting for the results and guess I should be making an appointment with my FS for the "now what do we do" now that we have had 4 consecutive mc's and still have two frozen embies. Our holiday is just around the corner now so we won't be doing anything until we return in October, but I'm prepared to put a stop to my journey now and move on with our lives without babies, sad but we have had a good go and I just don't think it is meant to be for us.

Good luck to everyone, I hope we get to see lots of positives from you all.

Lots of hugs to you all xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catchick, I wish you all the best with your next appointment and however you feel will be the next step in your life. You have gone through so much from what I have read recently and I pray things honestly start to change for you in the near future.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilton04 For This Useful Post:

CatChick  (02-08-2012)