Closed Thread
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    April78: Thank you, no, lve not had PGD mentioned to me at all and have just been reading up about it. I'm also now surprised that this has not been mentioned to me before. I will raise it with HFC next time l speak to them. I still have two frozen embryos but l don't want to have them transferred if they have something wrong with them, l wonder if they could be defrosted and tested prior to being transferred? Im really not sure how it all works. Do you know?

Hi everyone thank you so much for your words of support, you are all so wonderful it really does mean so much during these tough emotional times. So thank you XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catchick – I’m so, so sorry to hear that. I was hoping that this would be your natural miracle. Hopefully you can look into PGD or something else that can offer you hope of a full term pregnancy. I have one friend who had three losses before she was able to carry to term (due to thyroid issues) and I know how worried she was that something would go wrong every pregnancy.

Littlebitbrit – welcome! Nine is a great number fertilised. I hope they are still going along well.

kdsd – yay on starting! It’s so good to feel that you are actually doing something isn’t it? I remember I was so excited to be able to start jabbing that I did my injections in the morning though most people seem to do them in the evening.

Adden – it’s so great that bubs is going well. 7th of March is an awesome day for a birthday too .

Zebby – sorry to hear about the BFN. Are you able to go on to another cycle or needing to take time to process the result of this one?

April – I hope that the embryo glue does the trick for you. It’s worth trying everything that you can, I think.

Disney, Perths, Samarasmum, Amy – hello to you all and hope you are going well.

AFM – counting down the weeks left of work – 10 ½ to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catchick, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you this time, hopefully they get to bottom of it and you are successful soon.

Hi everyone else, hope you are all good, well as good as can be expected. Good luck to you all

AFM I have a 3 day transfer today, we only got 3 eggs on Monday and two didn't make it, but the ONE was already 7 cells yesterday morning at 8am, and was supposed to be between 2 and 4 cells. So hopefully it's a strong little bugger. So I'm only a couple of hours away from the dreaded tww and everything else, not just for me but for you all.

Hope you all have a stress free/relaxing great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Catchick - if they where fertilised using ICSI (has to be ICSI so that only one sperm is present and therefore only the DNA from that sperm) they maybe able to thaw them and let them grow to hatching blastys. They have to be hatching as they take a little of that DNA and send it to Sydney for the testing. It does take about 6 weeks for the results but it narrows the chance of mc very significantly.

I would do another cylce to "bank" embryos so that they could all be tested at the same time anyway - make it more worth while the extra dollars as it does cost $3k
    with no rebates.

Do as much research as you can and when you go back to HFC for your next meeting throw it all at them - that's what I do anyway.

Do you know if you ever had karotypes done for balanced translocations etc? In saying that even in people that those results came back negative they can still "make" embryos that are unbalanced.

Have you thought about being tested for Natural Killer Cells? HFC don't believe in it but they will do the biopsy. I am going to liase with Dr Matthias in Sydney if my next cycle is also a BFN.

I'm so annoyed for you that they have not pursued another avenue knowing how many losses you have had.
    Thank you April78

They were fertilized using ICSI, we have always had to do ICSI due to DH sperm clumping in the dish.
    I'm not sure about the karotype testing or the natural killer cell testing, l will ask HFC next time.

I'm seeing my Endocronologist today as I do have an auto immune disease (positive antibodies) Hashimotos, live always been told that as long as lm on medication for it shouldn't affect my pregnancies, lm not convinced, if my body is attacking it's Thyroid like its an invader why wouldn't it attack a fetus? The product testing will determine if it's chromosomal again anyway.

Bring on Monday I just want this D&C over and done with!

Thanks everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CatChick Sending you lots and lots of Good luck with Monday I hope you get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarasmum For This Useful Post:

CatChick  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CatChick - You will be in my thoughts and prays. Hope all goes well on Monday and that you will get some answers very soon.

Tj79- Good luck! Here's for a successful transfer .

I'm having a day 5 transfer tomorrow .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of luck littlebitbrit, fingers and toes crossed for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

littlebitbrit  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on being PUPO TJ... Take it easy now, hope the 2WW is quick for you!

Catchick, been thinking of you, hope things are as well as the can be, Will be thinking of you on Monday XX

hi to everyone else, over these chilli mornings!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catchick – I’m so, very sorry to hear of your loss

littlebitbrit - Good luck tomorrow! I hope your embie is a sticky one

TJ79 - congratulations on being PUPO! My your 2WW go swiftly.

Leafy - Ditto!! I've only got 4 more days of work! I can't wait to have a bit of a break before bub arrives (assuming he doesn't come too early!)

AFM: 5 weeks to go and bub is still breech. He's got the classical flat-breech head, so I'm guessing he's not going to move on his own. My next appointment (next Friday) will be the deciding day whether he'll try an ECV or if I'll get booked straight in for a c-section. Fingers crossed my OB is feeling lucky about the ECV!

I hope everyone else is okay.
    xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PerthS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies

Littlebitbrit, hope your transfer went well, and it sticks

Hope everyone else are well, and For your next cycles/pregnancies

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tj79 For This Useful Post: