Closed Thread
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mind if I pop in to ask a question? BTW Congrats ladies!

Has anyone had NK cell testing done? My clinic doesn't do it, and I can't find ANYONE in Perth that can besides Fertility of WA who we cannot afford to transfer to.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Baby. They do this testing at Pivet in Subiaco.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Zebby! Do you know if you have to transfer there to get it done, or do they just do the test for you and send the results to your FS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope this week is treating you all good so far, I had another bt today, estrogen is rising really nicely, got a scan and bt tomorrow morning and then I guess I'll start the next injections if my follies are looking good. Had a few side effects from the gonal f, nothing too bad or dramatic and the injections aren't that bad, have to do them myself, DH would faint if he had to do it, but I guess the next one will be a little worse, as it's not the pens but pre filled syringes!!!!

Anyway I hope you are all doing well, feeling well and your cycles go to plan and hi to disneybaby, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such good news in here at the moment!! I hope it continues that way for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Not sure where to start. I am 37, married with 2 children a daughter 10 and an angel son (forever 7 - died of cancer). My husband had a vasectomy after our son was born and when he died we got it reversed and it wasn't successful.

We have just had our first ivf/icsi done which failed and now I am just waiting to go again.

Does anyone go to Concept here and who do they see?

I am just so confused as my husband and I were quite fertile and that's why we had the vasectomy and we didn't ever think our son would die and we would be heading down this path.

Our FS said he would only transfer 1 embryo and next cycle he would look at possibly day 3 instead of 5 as we started the last round with 6 eggs, 1 couldn't be icsi'ed, 2 didn't divide and 1 only goto 9 cell and we got 2 blasto's which one was transferred and the other one didn't make it to freezing.

What has been people's experience, 3 day or 5 day transfer and their successes.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatChick View Post
    Im going to wait for a little bit longer before booking in to an ob but will try and get in to see Simon Turner if this pregnancy continues. I've also heard good things about Glen Lewis, I had been seeing Glen and he is the one that referred me for ivf.
    I used Adam gubbay for both my kids but given my time again I would see Simon turner. I liked adam a lot but having seen Simön for fertility I would have loved the continuity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread, Elkalemi. So sorry to hear of your angel boy and your unsuccessful ICSI cycle. I went through Lucy Williams at Concept, but didn't do ICSI. I hear mixed stories about day 3 Vs day 5 transfers - It depends on how the embryos are growing. I got 4 eggs, 3 fertilised and I opted for day 5 transfer. I was very lucky that all 3 went to blast (one was not very good quality, but still was frozen) and very lucky to get a BFP.
    I suppose you just need to keep reminding yourself that a) the best place for an embryo to grow is inside of you, so if the little one isn't growing well, it's not your fault - it's just a part of the process and only the strong little ones make it. And b) You're now over that "35" magical age where egg quality/fertility drops off quite rapidly, so you might want to look into additional complimentary therapies, such as accupuncture (and some doctors recommend DHEA etc etc).
    Anyway, don't feel discouraged, even the most fertile people don't have a 100% success rate of getting pregnant each month.
    Fingers crossed that this cycle is a lucky one for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, A quick question. Is it normal to be so weepy and flat in the second half of the 2ww?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebby View Post
    Hi ladies, A quick question. Is it normal to be so weepy and flat in the second half of the 2ww?
    Are you on Crinone hun? I don't use it in my cycles, but I've heard it can have pretty horrible emotional side-effects..