Closed Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys. I got home not too long ago from what I'm calling ZT (zygote transfer). I had to get some petrol on the way home, and bought some chocolate too; normally I wouldn't do that but I think I bloody deserve it today! Except it'll probably make me feel even crappier once I've eaten it.

DH texted me to say he was boarding his plane right when I was lying there with catheters hanging out of me, so I thought of him as they injected "Timmy" (our joke name for our hypothetical child) into my uterus.

I'm trying not to lose hope completely. The chances of this emby progressing are IMO so very very slim, but I promised DH before I left home this morning that I would give "Timmy" pep talks everyday and convince it to keep growing.

On the positive side, this is the absolute closest I've ever been to being pg, so I guess that's something to "celebrate". Also, the rectal pessaries are actually incredibly easy to insert, I can't believe I was dreading them so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PerthS Good luck with your first antenatal class it should be interesting. with your glucose test on Friday.

Kdad End of July will be here before you know it. Jabbing is not that scary once you have done it a couple of times. It is funny that there are times we want AF and times we just want it to stay away. My AF decided to run late.

Sariele Congratulations on being PUPO. Just have to remember it only takes one. Try and keep yourself busy. I have everything for you.

AmyEL with your EPU on Monday. I have never used Syneral. I will be on Orgalutran.

Cutie Miggy How many frosties do you have. If you have more than 2 you have to do an FET otherwise you get the choice. with your next cycle.

Hopefully2 How are you. Not long to go now.

Leafy Nearly half way there. I think I will start jabbing on Tuesday.

A Big to everyone else. Enjoy your long weekend.

AFM Yay AF has finally arrived. So it will be day 1 tomorrow. So I should start jabbing on Tuesday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarasmum For This Useful Post:

kdsd  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also sorry to hear only one fertilised Sariele.. But it only takes one so keep thinking positive thoughts and talking to little Timmy!! We will all do the same.. Come on Timmy.. Grow little buddy, grow Enjoy the chocolate.. U definitely deserve it.. So sorry u didn't get to see DH off.. I'm sure when u get that wonderful result in two weeks, u will be glad u didn't .. For now feet up, relax and enjoy being PUPO
    Samarasmum.. Can't believe it's June already so I'm sure the next 6 or so weeks will go quick.. AF has finally started to show this evening.. After wishing and wanting it, now I'm wishing she'd go away haha.. Can't win!!

Well, enjoying a night in by myself.. Been at the footy this afternoon (watching my team win!! Yay) so got home and DH asked if I wanted to go out with him and his mates but decided after a nice hot shower to stay in relax and enjoy the peaceful time by myself.. Got another 50th tomorrow (had one last night) so another day out of the house.. It's a nice change.. Usually I complain if we stay in on Saturday lol..
    Hope everyone else is enjoying their long weekend..
    Last edited by kdsd; 02-06-2012 at 22:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sariele stay positive, there are so many stories out there that only took 1... It happens!

Thanks for all the GL girls... 2.5hrs till my trigger & only 1 hour till my last Synarel (for this cycle)

Baby dust to everyone & happy long weekend!

XXXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amy, kdsd and Samarasmum for all your kind words and thoughts. I'm feeling better than I was earlier, and have resolved to stay positive... The most irritating thing right now is not knowing whether Timmy has or will progress to being an embryo, or if it's just sitting in there now doing nothing at all. I wish they could have at least waited til day 2, but I'm guessing Fert North don't do procedures on a Sunday.

Anyway, I'd better go to sleep; I was at my cousin's place tonight gas-bagging til 12am, which I felt really bad about as she has a toddler and is very pg with number 2. But I think I needed it to ground me a little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Samarasmum. I have little over two weeks to go. A bit excited but also a tad sad that these will be the last few weeks I will ever feel a human move inside me. We are all very excited to meet our son.

I have quietly been reading and following everyone's progress and I want to say how much I understand the rollercoaster.

Stay busy ladies and try enjoy life whilst trying. This pregnancy came after three long years of trying and happened smack in the middle of selling our house, buying a new house, packing up and writing school reports. I never thought it would happen that month.

Don't lose faith. Gd bless u all. I look forward to announcing my news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samarasmum I have two frosties. I'll be having my FET this July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls, i've been naughty and reading but not posting.
    Hi to all the new girls, good luck with your journey, its sad, scary and exciting all at the same time.
    Hi also to the 'older' girls, i'm thinking of you heaps and just hoping and wishing and praying for bfps to be here sooner rather than later.
    Just a bit of feedback; for anyone considering HFC, i honestly cannot recommend them enough. They are just fantastic an i felt that they would do everything to achieve a successful outcome. So a big thumbs up from me!
    I feel a bit like even though i've had such a journey to get here, its nothing compared to the journey many others go through.
    will pop back in xoxo
    Last edited by PinkPopsicle; 03-06-2012 at 10:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone EVER heard of day 1 transfers being done? I've been naughty and googling it, but there is barely any info, as it sounds like no one does it at all. There is plenty of info on ZIFT, but pretty much nothing on zygote uterine transfers.

I just wonder why my clinic made this decision. They told us "better in than out", but surely there was more to it than that??? I hope it wasn't just so they could take our money...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - Yep, I've heard of it before. It depends on the FS as to whether to "bother" or not. From what I gather, it's exactly as you said - better in than out. It's only the 'tough embies' which survive in the lab for longer. Often with IVF you get more than one, so they can watch the growth and grade the embies - then only put back the "best ones". But, if there is only one and she/he's struggling, I tend to agree that it's only a little more effort and $ to put him back where she/he should be - with you!

I have read SO many stories about "poor grade" embryos who have been transferred against FS recommendation - then make it, and 20 years later end up at uni with high-class honours. So, yes, the chances are small....but you have to be in the game to win!

Fingers crossed your little one surprises everyone.
    xx