Closed Thread
Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much kdsd and Samarasmum! Just getting up now and feeling a tad nervous. Will be back this arvo hopefully to update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope it went well Sariele :-)

I'm waiting for call from FN with all the details for EPU on Monday :-) fingers crossed for some quality eggs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All booked in for Monday... my E2 is up to 5073 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So.... we got six eggies. I'm thrilled. Obviously I would have preferred 8-10, plus the FN that visited me didn't specify whether all six were mature. But as I have said, I was so worried about only getting three or something after my scan the other day, that when the nurse said, "you got six", I actually gasped in delight.

Now the tense waiting begins... did DH's sperm defrost okay? Was his stuff viable? Were all six eggs mature? Will they fertilise? Will any make it to Monday??? Okay, I'll try and stop speculating and just enjoy the fact I'm feeling really good right now.

Amy - Wow, your E2 is way higher than mine was on Wednesday. Hopefully you'll have some really great eggies going on in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 is great :-) remember quality not quantity, rest up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    6 is great :-) remember quality not quantity, rest up!
    Yeah, there was a lady in the cubicle thingy next door to me afterwards, and when the nurse was talking to her before she came to me, I overheard her saying that she got three eggs. I think the lady sounded disappointed, but it was hard to tell, however when her husband came in later they were talking for quite a while in hushed voices. I have no idea what they were saying but I felt bad for them. If I'd only got three eggs there would have been a high chance my cycle would've been cancelled, because of our situation with DH's frozen stuff.

So, six has me for the time being... I just hope they were all quality, and by some miracle all six fertilise, then we just might be in with a teeny tiny chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my call about an hour and a half ago. Only one fertilised. ONE. They have squeezed me in for a transfer today in about an hour.

We are devestated, and I only just stopped crying. I can't even take DH to the airport to see him off to Brisbane today as I have to go to the clinic so that they can insert me with two weeks of false hope.

DH called the embryologist back to ask a couple of q's.. apparently they only used one straw of sperm under strict instructions from my FS to not waste the stuff. But next time I think we're gonna have to tell them to use more. He said they chose six sperm that had motility, but the abnormality rate was just so high that's probably why five of the six didn't fertilise.

Poor DH has to go and be alone in Brisbane now.. at least I have the cats to cuddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine had seriously only got one terrible quality embryo and they gave her next to no chance and it's now her three year old son.

Remember when women fall pg naturally they have no idea what quality their embryos are. As long as u have one you are in with a chance.

Keep busy. Get on with life. Believe that the universe has great plans for u!

Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele – Oh, no! How upsetting. After being so happy to get six eggs it must have been really hard to hear that only one fertilised. Big cyber hugs being sent to you. Hopefully this little one being put back in is your little miracle. I hope the TWW is not too hard for you and that you have some-one to support you with DH not being here.

Amy for EPU for Monday. Hope it goes well and you get a good number of quality eggs.

Samarasmum – have you been able to start jabbing yet? 3 jabs a day will certainly keep you busy.

April – Without the ultrasound I would be wondering too how they can guarantee that it’s in the right spot. Can you ask if they can use ultrasound because of concerns over a false passage? When you are going to so much trouble to make sure the good embryos are being put back in you don’t want to risk them not actually being put in the right place.

Perths – good luck with the glucose test. I have to do a pee dip test on each visit to the OB and I’m always ogling the glucose section. I eat so many sugary things that I’m concerned. Making a concerted effort not to have all sweet snacks.

AFM ­– every time I respond to a thread on my mobile it unsubscribes me from the thread so I keep missing that this thread is updated! Will be 18 weeks on Monday so it seems like it might be time to start thinking that I’m going to need a room and stuff for an actual baby. Sometimes it’s still hard to believe that this is real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - Oh you poor thing. This is whole IVF thing is such a rollercoaster ride, isn't it? I hope that beautiful little embie is snuggling in nicely and that in a few weeks time all these scary emotions turn to joy with a BFP for you.

AmyEL - Good luck for Monday. I hope you've got some good quality eggs cooking in there! Your numbers sound good, so fingers crossed.

Samarasmum - I hope all is going well with this cycle.

Leafy - 18 weeks already! Yep, it's DEFINITELY real!! I hope you have some fun getting the nursery all ready.

Sorry to anyone I've missed - I've been slack and not kept up with this thread for a little while.

AFM: Not much to report (YAY!!). I go to my first antenatal class on Tuesday and I'll have my glucose test on Friday. Work has been a bit busy, but I'm on the count down now.
    I went to see "What to expect when you're expecting" last night. It was much better than I thought it would be. I laughed, I cried...and I cried a bit more. It was quite tear-jerking for anyone who's struggled to conceive or lost a bub, but they balanced it well with the humour.

Babydust to everyone.