Closed Thread
Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PerthS I have my fingers crossed that you get good resultsnext week so you can relax a bit and enjoy your pregnancy. You need to haveyour cry’s just to release it instead of building it up. It is great when youfeel bubs move. How is your dad going?

CatChickHow much did you pay for your Progynova? He is thelist I have so far:
    Hollywood Pharmacy 45 = $135 ~ $3.00 each
    Compunding on Oxford 45 = $135 ~ $3.00 each
    Preston St Pharmacy 15 = $41 45 = $123
    Applecross 777 45 = 157.50 ~ $3.50 each
    Captain Stirling Pharmacy 15 = $90

A Big Missbloggsy, Hopefully2, Leafy, Jaspat,April andeveryone else

AFM I am getting better everyday. Just hoping that this FETwill work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samsarasmum: thanks for the list, I paid $24 for a box of 56 Progynova 2mg tabs, the compounding pharmacy has my scripts so I will phone them today and find out how much the pessaries are, they did tell me that the more you buy the cheaper they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samsarasmum: $159 for 60 pessaries from Emslies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Hoping I can join you all in this thread.. Haven't started IVF just yet but have had our first fs appt and have been informed that the only way we will get pregnant is thru IVF/ ICSI.. A little about us..

Both DH and I r 31.. Been trying since 2010 but came off the pill in 2009.. I had all blood tests etc to see if all was ok with me and if I was definitely O'ing.. All came back good.. Thankfully.. Sent DH to get a SA done.. Lab called and said not good. Extremely low count and they couldn't do a proper analysis on it or a DNA FRAG test... So made an appt to see a fs (Dr Jay Natalwala at Fertility North) on march 15 this year...
    in the mean time I had a pap smear done and it came back high abnormal so had to get a colposcopy and biopsy done.. Still came back abnormal so was booked into get a lletz cone biopsy but thankfully went and seen Dr Natalwala before this appt as he said I have a small cervix so cutting some away would effect future treatments so instead he is going to do laser to remove the bad cells..

So from our appt with Dr Jay we were told that IVF/ ICSI is our only option as DHs SA showed no sperm originally but after spinning it down (think that's what he said) they found only 5!! Yes just 5 ... (DH had surgery on his testes when he was 8 due to being hit there by a rocking horse.. So knew it was a possibility his count would be low) So now DH has to do five lots of sperm banking, a testicule ultrasound and had blood tests etc to check his hormones.. I had the same blood tests etc, have my laser done on the 27th april and having my next cycle tracked then back to see him on 15th May to go over results and the next steps... He told DH to be taking menevit which he does religiously thankfully!!
    CD1 is today so off for my first day of tracking tomorrow.. Which actually works out great timing coz DH has his first lot of banking tomorrow and his ultrasound..

Sorry for the massive intro.. But hoping I can join ur support group and be able to learn a thing or two from you wonder people
    Last edited by kdsd; 02-04-2012 at 12:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi kdsd, welcome. Sorry you are finding yourself in this thread, but everyone in here is nice and supportive even if we are a bit quiet sometimes.

Just wanted to say that I'm in a similar situation to you, my DF has unexplained MFI and is no longer producing sperm. Fortunately he has five frozen straws left over from when he did a couple of unsuccessful IVF/ICSI cycles with his ex a few years back, so they are our only chance now to have children that are biologically his. I will be starting my first cycle in late May or June. Oh, and I am at Fert. North as well, except I am with Margo Norman.

Good luck with everything, and if you want to PM me go ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for warm welcome Sariele..
    Fingers crossed ur first cycle will be successful! I've heard heaps of good things about Margo.. I wasn't really fussed on who we saw so just booked an appt with whom ever.. So far Jay has been really good..
    Had my first b/t for this tracking cycle yesterday. All my levels are where they should be thankfully, so now just got to wait til next Tuesday for an ultrasound and another b/t.. DH did his first lot of banking yesterday.. They got some to freeze..
    I see what u mean about it being quiet in here.. Hope I haven't chased everyone away
    best of luck to everyone wherever u may be on this journey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kdsd: welcome and good luck, yes it is very quiet sometimes. I occasionally join other threads also but then also need some space and find this thread very good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kdsd. I hope that your tracking cycle goes well. I remember thinking that it was really easy at the start, but towards the end I was a bit sick of having blood taken. We do what we have to though.

Sariele - your wedding must be soon. I hope you are excited and not stressed at all.

Catchick - do you start your next cycle soon?

Samarasmum - sorry that your last transfer didn't work. Hope you are ready to move on to the next one.

Perths - I hope you have your results now and that they are all good.

Hi to everyone else .

AFM - everything seems to be going well at the moment. No morning sickness for me (yay) just very tired and massively sore boobs. Have my first OB appointment tomorrow so it is all starting to feel real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kdsd: welcome to the rollercoaster and good luck with everything. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you and your hubby.

Leafy - Yep, creating a placenta is exhausting job, isn't it??

No news at my end. Waiting, waiting...slowly going insane.

I hope all is going okay for everyone else. Baby dust to all!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kdsd: welcome! Yes it can be quiet at times but i think we all just come when we need and take time away when we need to also. Hope your tracking cycle goes ok and doesn't cause much undue stress.
    Hi to everyone else; am thinking of you all
    I've been lurking in the background, have been in a slight state of shock that its all worked, am 7 wks today and had blds and scan. little embryo in the right place heart beating at 143bpm i still can't believe it. i think i'm scared to want it too much. feeling like cr*p, nausea through the day on and off, tiredness here and there, always at the worst times. DH said i can hire a cleaner at the end of the year but i want to do it now! DS is being 'challenging' i don't like to whinge too much about him cos i am so lucky to have him. I'm too scared to join the due date group; also i did that with DS and i feel so different about things this time around. You know what i'll miss?I'll miss all the shopping for the baby things, we're not finding out the sex so have pulled out a few unisex things from DS's stuff and ought a few things, but honestly we have everything!