Closed Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Leafy - congratz!! Wow! That HCG is really good for early on - perhaps you've got twins!! Fingers crossed it keeps on rising nicely.

Samarasmum - Great that you're getting ready for your next cycle.

AFM - Dad's been pretty out of it, though his surgery was okay. They have left drains in this time, so we hope they don't have to go in again any time soon. They're still playing around with his medications (especially pain killers) so I'm not sure when he'll be back to needing proper visits. Until then, I'll just keep popping in each day (no more than 30mins) to see how he's doing. I'm saving my strength for when he needs company.

Hooray for the long weekend - I hope everyone has a good one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leafy Congratulations on your BFP, your numbers are fantastic. You must be on . Yes I am on Progynova. How did you remember to take them 3 times a day.

PerthS I hope they get the medication sorted out for your dad. try doing something nice for the longweekend. My cycle has started and it seems like I am not doing much as all I will be doing is taking progynova and I start the pessaries 5 days before transfer.

A Big Catchick and everyone else.

AFM I am just plodding along poping pills and keeping myself busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samarasmum - if you ate north of the river I went to the pharmacy in Osborne park. Very friendly, helpful and reasonably priced.

Leafy- fantastic news. Congrats. Here's to an uneventful pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    April – it’s always nice to be able to start isn’t it? After all the waiting we have to do an early start is good to see.

CJWA – congratulations on the BFP. You must be thrilled!!

Perths – I’m glad the further bleeding hasn’t been anything sinister. Have you been able to see your Dad? I hope he is recovering well from his surgery.

Samarasmum – is that the progynova? I’ve been on that – 2 tabs three times a day. I get all my pessaries from Wembley Pharmacy on Cambridge Street. My clinic just faxes the scripts straight there and they keep hold of them.

Catchick for your BT on Monday.

Missbloggsy and Hopefully2 - , hope the pregnancies are going well.

AFM – BT was today and it’s a BFP!! So totally stoked and surprised as I was trying not to get my hopes up. After last time’s chemical pregnancy I had to check on the HCG to reassure myself and it was 574. So happy with that. I was excitedly telling DH expecting him to say “wow, that’s great” but all I got was an “okay”. Men!
    Leafy my husband was like that too after the last loss. It's hard for them. My DH told me he couldn't get excited till we were in the clear. I appreciate that. Guess I feel like that too. Just harder for us to turn off coz it's inside us! He'll come around as you progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perths - I hope your dad just keeps getting better a little each day. Catchick - after the BT I totally caved and POAS. I wanted to see what it looked like. The line was 2-3 times darker than the control line. Samarasmum - I found that I kept forgetting the lunchtime dose so I downloaded an iphone app called Remindx. I put all the times for all my pills and pessaries and it sends me a reminder and I have to tick it off. It really helped me. Hi to everyone else and thanks for the congrats. I'm still reminding myself that it is real!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    just wondering if I can join this group please? My DH and I have just started IVF after trying for a second child for over 3yrs. I am on CD24 and started last night the nasal spray with a view to start injections once AF comes. We had no trouble conceiving my DD so this has come as a frustrating and surprising journey for us. BUt I feel so much happier now that we have a plan! We are going through Hollywood IVF and been happy with them so far!

Look forward to chatting and getting to know you all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Question IVF for Genetic reasons

Hi Ladies,I'd like to chat to anyone that has been through, or currently going through, IVF due to genetic reasoning. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it is very likely that my husband and I will need to go down the IVF route. We have recently found out that we are both carriers of a rare genetic disorder, we have a 25% chance of naturally having a baby with the disorder.I really would like some info on the process, private health and Medicare covers and basically anything else I need to know to prepare.I look forward to your advice. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Mrs Dolphin and Julesy83, this is a great forum for support and
    guidance, good luck to you both.

Mrs Dolphin: I'm at Hollywood also, you are in very good hands, l had very bad experiences at a different clinic before coming to HFC, and wow what a difference HFC are so much more professional and top of everything.

Julesy83: sorry cant help with the genetic stuff, we have had two m/c at 6-7 week point which is suspiciously genetic but we haven't had any testing done.

PerthS: how are you going and how is your Dad, l hope he is getting better.

Samsarsmum: how are you getting on with your cycle where are you up to?

Leafy: I agree "men"!!! they experience this process so very differently, lm sure that will change when you both see the little HB

AFM: l all of a sudden felt very queezy and light headed yesterday which made me decide to test in the morning so l did a HPT this moring and it was a faint positive, l'm not getting too excited and will hold out for my BT on Tuesday now it's real. My other pregnancies came up really strong at this point do you think that because its faint it might not be viable? I keep thinking of what PerthS said a little while back about not getting a + on HPT until 6 weeks, l live in hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julesy83 - Welcome to the thread. Sorry, I've not got any advice for you as I've not been down that path.

CatChick - my fingers are crossed for you! I hope that faint line gets darker each day. As I mentioned, the POAS thing was never really any help for me. I never got any hint of a positive result with my early M/C (was 5 weeks), so it does sound like a very good sign for you. Good luck tomorrow!

No news at my end. Dad is still very sick but stable. I'm 14 weeks and I still don't have a bump yet - I just look fat, though have only gained 2kgs. (I'm 160cm tall...so it does make a difference!!)

Baby dust, everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi girls, i've popped into this thread awhile ago but have had a good break from forums for awhile.
    i've been quietly reading and felt i'd better pop in and say hi and share our story.
    luckily we have an almost 3yr old DS (conceived naturally) who has brought us so much joy, but have been ttc again since may 2010. we had probs conceiving DS and saw our current FS back in '08 who helped then and has been seeing us again since april '11. IVF is now our only option.
    I'm currently in the 2ww, had a day 5 blast et on sat; this our first ivf cycle and its been ok so far. the fert clinic has been a-maz-ing; really impressed with their service and care and just so happy with our FS. the pain after epu was more than i'd thought it would be but thankfully it was just the one day of bad pain.
    any tips on making it through the 2ww? DH had me confined to the couch yesterday (which was good cos i made/asked him to do all the housework!) but bad as felt like an invalid!
    when they say 'no vigorous exercise', what exactly does that entail? i'm of the mindset that if its meant to stick, it will stick regardless of me cooking dinner, doing the washing etc