Closed Thread
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Samarasmum - we will find out sex. My DH wants a boy and think its nice for Dd to know in advance who is going to be coming to her world. Think really that I like to know everything and just making excuses for being a control freak.

I am delivering with Adam gubbay at st johns Subi. Where have others had there's?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully2 for my 2 I didn't find out the sex. I had my 2 at SJOG Murdoch. I am hoping to have #3 there as well.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully2 - Thanks! I don't think they are going to bother with OI as I have had previous trigger cycles which showed O, and apparently I O on my own now (maybe because my surgery showed my body that it is ok to O lol). Plus the lady said that IVF is basically our only option now as we are just 'unexplained' and my PCOS isn't that 'severe'?

Samarasmum - Thanks and I hope so too, but at 2DPO I can already tell this cycle is a bust

Can't wait for tomorrows appt!!!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Today's appt went well. DH and I had to get the HIV blood test done as it was the only thing we hadn't had yet, but I know that will come back clear

I have to go in again on Wednesday to work out a payment plan, then I start my treatment not next cycle, but the cyle after...so around the end of Feb. I know it isn't that far away, but when you think that you have to wait another whole cycle it sort of bums you out.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time...

I am excited that we are going to have a real chance at having our long awaited baby, but I am also nervous and scared that IVF won't work for us. DH told me on the way home that he is only willing to do 3, yes 3, IVF attempts. That includes fresh and FET cycles

Although I have done injectable cycles before, I'm not really looking forward to the jabbing stage, but heck, I'll do anything!!!

*EDIT*

OMG I am sooooooo upset!!! I was just calculating when I should be able to start treatment, but my CD1 will be the day that I have to fly to Sydney for my sisters wedding!!! So now I will have to wait another month before treatment!!!

Would there be any reason why she would have told me to start treatment not next cycle but the cycle after? I want to ask her on Wednesday if I would be able to start treatment next cycle.
    What do you think my chances are?

I am so unbelievebly bummed and heartbroken for more then 1 reason :'(
    Last edited by Disney Baby; 07-01-2012 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney Baby - the having to wait more cycles is always hard. I had to wait 7 weeks to get in to see a Endocrinologist (before clinic would start IVF) and then the endo wanted me to be on my new medication for 2 months before starting IVF. That was 4 months extra wait and I was so frustrated . It sounds like you might need to have a talk to your DH about maths. Here's how I think about it. IVF has (in general) a 35% success rate. That means that each time you have a one in three chance of getting pregnant. Which means that in all likelihood you will need to do at least three rounds to get a pregnancy. Then, if you look at statistics, some people have success on the first round, that means that some-one doesn't have success until their sixth round (or later). Hmmm, I think my internal nerd is showing through. Perhaps it would help to explain it this way to your DH? I do think, however, that it is good to have your own limits though. For example, I've decided that I wouldn't want to do more than 2 full IVF cycles (with EPU) in a year, and I wouldn't want to go on trying indefinitely. Perhaps you and DH need to agree on limits. Three rounds sounds unrealistic to me.

Samarasmum - I watching TV at the gym and they were advertising a floor steam cleaner. I was tempted but then decided I better snap out of it!!

AFM - filling in my waiting time by having a go at making macarons. While they aren't masterchef worthy they haven't turned out too bad for a first go.

Happy weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Leafy! I just edited my above post and now my wait is even longer!!!

Going to Sydney was going to be hard for me in the first place as my sister will be 20 weeks with her second (all in the time I have been trying for 1). I didn't have to see her through her first pregnancy so I was lucky, but I can't escape her this time.

I know it sounds bad, but I never even wanted to go to the wedding in the first place for that reason. Now to find out that I have to hold back on my treatment because of it just makes me so angry and heartbroken.

My family told me not to get UTD before the wedding (we just got married when the date was set), but now my older sister will be showing her bump everywhere and making me feel the baby kick etc.

I just want to cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for hogging the board ladies, but my latest news has upset me so much that it has ruined our weekend.

I have a few questions...

Do you need to be on the pill for a cycle before starting treatment?

When do you actually start injections? The FS didnt really explain, or I just didnt listen properly.
    I feel like maybe I can take the injections to Sydney with me, but I cant remember what she said about bloods and u/s..Il be gone for 9 days.

What is the normal procedure regarding days of bloods, injections and u/s etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - read through the notes they gave you. You need an ultrasound and bloods day 2 or 3 from memory. No pill in short cycle. Listen try relax. 3 months flys past. You want everything to be perfect. So don't force it or rush it. Try use this time to get your body ready. Your mind set is very important. Ask around about our wait in between. You need to regroup coz if it fails you will need to get used to waiting. Some of us have lost babies and have had to wait again too. It sucks but your inner focus and contentment will get you through. You are young so time is on your side thank g'd. Try to relax. Xxx enjoy the wedding, have a drink, for please g'd the last time in a while xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hopeful, but they didnt give me any notes?
    She just gave a brief rundown of what happens and told me to come back on Weds to start a payment plan. Then I have to call her on day 1 of not this cycle but next...well the one after if I have to wait.

It just irks me that the reason I cant start sooner is because of a wedding I didnt want to go to in the first place. Its going to be hard for me for those 9 days as I will have to see my sister, and also my SIL had her baby girl today...she is only 18

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - I understand my sil had twins and my sister had her dd while we were trying for number 2, one pregnancy ending in a mc. The wait after the mc was awful. I had to wait three months each time as it was due to my teaching commitments. Life sucks sometimes. Try to find positives in the wait, like preparing your body and mind with vitamins, exercise and relaxation. Big hugs. Try to not get to caught up it hinders the process. If I have learnt anything it is when you are breaking your back busy, it happens. Try to be focused but not compulsive. Hope it helps. I do understand.