+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 months - still not pregnant and wanting to try clomid

Hi everyone!

I have been off the pill since March. I didnt get a regular period since stopping the pill, infact I didnt get a period at all until September!

I have had multiple blood tests, ultrasounds etc to check everything is ok, and it is. Although on the blood test it said I wasn't ovulating. I am not sure if that just meant at the time of test or at all. But I have been doing daily ovulation tests and they always say negative.

I have heard about something called clomid.

Is 8 months a fair enough time to wait to conceive? I have a 2 1/2 year old and am desperate to fall pregnant again. I am getting really down because its taking so long. I understand it takes some woman years to fall so I really feel for them.

Is it worth going to the dr and asking about clomid? I have just been doing some research on it and sounds like something it might be worth trying. Or can anyone suggest something else I could look into or try?

Can anyone help/give me their opinion on it.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi there! i know they usually like to see you wait 12 months, but when you know there there is a problem like you do, an understanding GP should refer you now. Thats what happened to me, I had a very short luteal phase which was going to prevent a pregnancy, so I was referred and given clomid. I am on my 2nd cycle now. And my DD is only 9 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I went to my gp and before I even mentioned clomid he started saying that it will be the next step and he gave me a referral to gyno/obs so I have an appointment mid January. Its very frustrating and upsetting for me because as I am sure you know when you want a bubba you want one now!!! I have a 28 mth old too and I really wanted them quite close in age so hopefully I will fall very soon