+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sort of. DD's presents are all done. I was going to bake stuff for everyone else but doubt i'll be bothered now. No Christmas tree, one lonely decoration hanging on my wall, no plans to improve my level of decoration.
    I've stopped being excited about Christmas now that DH will likely not be here for it - i've turned into a real scrooge.
    Bah humbug!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not prepared, mentally, emotionally, socially or any kind of ready LOL. Haven't bought anything for anyone yet and starting to think I really ned to get a move on. We did finally buy and put up the tree yesterday but I am finding it hard to get in the groove this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not even remotely but my plan is that by the end of this week, I'll be completely sorted. DH did some hardcore overtime last week so as soon as he's been paid that, I'll be out there spending it!!

In my defense, I am having a baby next week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not really. I know what i need to buy so tha s a start. Will need to cancel some laybys and pick one up being coops one that he chose. Still need to get a camera for him and he is all done.

We have our tree up and a few decos now but i didnt do them.

We leave brissy in 2wks to go away so i am concentrating on the house with getting it all sorted before we go away.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i don't have much to do. mum prefers me not to go buying gifts if i have money issues, which i have a lot of right now. for immediate family mum wants to do a secret santa so i'm waiting for mum to draw that so i know who i have to spend a whole $20 or whatever on.
    work has a secret santa but it's opt in, and i didn't because i have money issues. it's only like $10 but still. i mean, chances are the person i'd get is someone i only know by name, if that, anyway (food/retail industry, large chain restaurant so lots of staff). can't be screwed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel prepared - But i'm not. I think i'm just far to relaxed for this time of the year
    Our tree is up, it's a start, right?

But really, the kids have their presents on layby and I have one part of DP's present, when I think about how much more I have to do, I stress out, so i'll just put it back to the back of my mind lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think having a baby is a pretty good excuse Maddy's mum.

I'm using that one too if something goes awry. I'm having a baby in 2 weeks, I should be back home by Christmas Eve when when my MIL arrives from OS.

I think I'm reasonably organised this year. I just finished wrapping the presents, tree is done, I've ordered a ham and other groceries are also ordered and will be delivered. Christmas day itself is at my brother's so no cooking for me on the day.

Baby's gear is washed and ready and his hospy bag is packed, I just need to pack my hospy bag and finish up Spring cleaning.

The main thing I haven't yet finished this year are the annual photobooks for grandies but I hope to finish those this week.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a serious state of financial denial about christmas. I am hoping that some of my stuff sells on ebay so I can afford the $24 shoes that I need at Big W (It kinda is a need because my feet are so terrible that I can't walk without pain in many shoes).

Hanging out for some little cash-fairy to come my way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I was super organised, but the other day I suddenly realised that there's only 2 pays until Xmas and I've got land and water rates to pay before Xmas!!!

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not organised at all and I'm not stressed or worried.

DH hasn't been working since May until few weeks ago so we're still catching up on bills which is loads more important.

We are taking a simple approach to Christmas this year either way. Kids get too much stuff these days and we have a small house with not much storage so they don't need more stuff unless they can use it or do things with it.

It'll be a good day it's our just us this year which I love because it's a fun cruisy day, plan on lots of family bonding activities like baking, crafts, take photos and walking. It'll be fun.