+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default an unexpected life.

Hi Everyone

I thought I would try to find some women in the same kind of situation as myself.

I am 6 months pregnant and about a month ago I found out my husband was cheating on me. Up until that point I thought our marriage was great. He would tell me he loved me and t i thought he was "a good man".

As you can imagine it was a shock when I discovered naked photos of another woman & sex text messages on his phone.

He left when i confronted him about it and i have not spoken to him in 6 weeks. He only ever sends me text messages about money and speaks to me like a stranger. We also have a 2.5 yr old daughter - which he has not seen her or even asked about since leaving.

I feel like i am in the deep end I am due to have my baby in late february 2012. I go through a mixed range of emotions daily.... sadness, shock, numbness, anger, anxiety.... repeat.

I would love to know if there is anyone out there in a similar situation? I would also like to know if there are any scheduled groups for single mums in Brisbane?

Thanks for listening x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I'm from brisbane I have a little boy who will be 2 in feb, I have been a single mum before, it can be lonely,
    I sometimes go to a place called mainley music it is run by a salvation army, ive been to mothers group and found that if you dont know anyone its very hard to mix in but at mainley music everyone speaks to everyone the kids have a good time.

Just rember you have to keep strong for your little girl and your new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw *hugs* Im sorry you are going through this... I've been through a marriage separation due to a cheating husband too. Yes you do go through a huge range of emotions just take one day at a time. Or even an one hour at a time. My XH did the same thing, he didn't see me or our 3 yr DD for about 2-3 months. It takes longer for guys to get their head around the situation. Though I wasn't pregnant when I left my XH but we were trying for baby no.2. Im not sure of any single parent support groups in Brisbane, I would like to know as I live in Brisbane too! I'm glad your on bubhub though as these single mums on here are a great supportive group of women! Your not alone!!! Just remember that and you will realise how much strength you actually have. It's just a huuuuge shock to the symptom and that's completely normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs. Where abouts in brisbane are you? I am happy to meet up if you would like. I am on the northside.

There are quite a few single brisbane parents in brisbane but none that really currently meet up.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

laurea  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh you poor thing

My heart is breaking for you. I was in your EXACT position a year ago... right down to having a 2.5 year old and was due with my second bub in Feb 2011 when I discovered my (ex) husband was having an affair with my (ex) best friend. I can imagine the range of emotions you are feeling right now. It's horrible.

I now have a 3.5 year old and an almost 10 month old and I am in a really good place. I am more than happy to chat to you if you'd like. Feel free to PM me

Take care of yourself x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

laurea  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, I have a slightly similar situation... I was married with 2 young children (at the time 1.5 and 5 year olds) and had just had my third child with my husband (with a truely terrible pregnancy where I was in hospital 99% of the time). My husband had already gone bankrupt when we lived in oz, then we moved overseas where he nearly did the same (he had a lot of problems I was in denal about). We were back in oz for a fresh start and were even looking at buying a house even though we were struggling to make ends meet (which I couldnt' get to the bottom of). When my baby was about 3 months I had to go into my husband's wallet for the credit card when I found heaps of deposit slips for loads of different banks, credit cards etc.. (I mean huge sums of money deposited)... only that week I had been crying about the electricity bill wondering how we could pay it and he never said a thing. He was basically stealing from us and when I think back now more and more he's been doing it for ages. I know it's not 'another woman' and that is a whole other level of lying but the lying part is something, personally, I just couldn't get over. Needless to say when I contronted him he denyed it all even when I showed him the evidence (till this day he just says he hoped I didn't find out). I gave him an ultimatum to fix the mess or it was over (which would mean he had to sell one of his very expensive musical instruments) - he refused to make good his mess. I kicked him out 4 days later and have never looked back. It's been 2 years and we are divorced now and his life is a total mess as I expected. Nothing has changed at all, whereas I like to think I am finally rid of a lying leech that was sucking the life from me.

The only advice I might be able to over is - you're well rid of him and he will most likely be lying to the woman he's with now. Nobody can live with that kind of lying for long and they liers always come unstuck. Just be glad you got out now before the children were older (my son was 5 when we split and is now 7 and I feel he misses is father wereas the two younger ones know no different).

Re the trust issue... I have no advice. I feel I cannot trust another man (or anybody really) ever again.. I will never let myself be hoodwinked again like that.

Hope you can gain some strength (not easy with baby on the way) but use this forum for advice. I found this place a godsend when I first split - the women on here are great and all very experienced with lots of useful advice.

Try to forget your ex - he's shown his true colours. all that matters now is you and your babies - they need you to be strong for them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murrythecat For This Useful Post:

laurea  (28-12-2011),MilkingMaid  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on the Gold Coast. Have just discovered the local domestic violence centre runs a couple of support groups targeted at single mums. I didn't have the physical abuse but get the others- including the verbal abuse- 3 years later. My relationship ended when I discovered my ex cheating too. It might be worth contacting the dv centre in your area to see if they run any support groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just split from my husband a few months back. Im preg to our 3rd child too. Add me to fb Kyra wolfe pic is blonde hair glasses maroon button up shirt.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been in an extremely similar situation. I will reply at length a bit later

Hope you are doing ok

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

laurea  (28-12-2011)