+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Controlled crying and baby standing up

Hi all. My son is 10 months old and has always been a troubled sleeper! We tried cc when he was 8 months old and had some success. Now after a bout of ear infections he has regressed and wakes up every two hours during the night and refuses to sleep in the day. I have decided to try cc again, however he is unable to settle himself as he stands up as soon as I put him down! I go back into his room and lay him down but before I've left he is standing again. Any advice?

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    dress him warmly so that when he decides to sleep, he will be comfortable without the covers. Otherwise you could try a sleeping bag with the arms missing? Pretty soon he will get the picture that time in the cot is time to sleep and he wont bother getting up. That's what I did with DS1. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you aren't meant to and this would of course sepend on whether you are Breast or bottle feeding but...

I used to give DD a bottle of milk when she went through this stage as she had to lay down to drink it and would be sleepy by the time she finished it. After she got used to the idea i just watered down the milk a little more each week until it was just water.

She is now over 2 and still goes to bed with a sippy cup of water

EDIT: Just realised you were asking about controlled crying ha ha so in that case my advise is not very helpful sorry
    Last edited by GettingBigger; 25-02-2012 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thoughts about my son but he got tired out and just ended up laying himself down. I used to worry cause he would be standing up before I left the room but he does just lay down eventually! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

Noticed this post is quite a few months old.

OP how did you go with your bub? What ended up working for you!?