+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is the Baby Jogger City Select suitable for long walks?

We currently have a City Elite which has been great for walking with our 2yr old, but with the impending arrival of our second, we need a pram for 2. (Baby jogger have recalled the toddler seat for the City Elite!)

Does anyone have experience of brisk walking with the City Select in non-shopping centre situations, eg footpaths, roads, etc?

Our only reservation in purchasing this product is whether due to its two hard front wheels, will it handle long walks to loose baby weight and regain fitness?
    Last edited by ghackett2; 04-12-2011 at 22:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wondering if you could add the toddler seat onto the city elite? I have a city elite but haven't actually seen it with the seat attached.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately BJ recalled the toddler seat about 6 months ago and have no plans to re-engineer it. We found that out last week when we tried to buy one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's great I walk the dogs with it go to the park with it. I think it's a wonderful pram for exercising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know they recalled the seat, but didn't they put out some sort of replacement? I might be imagining that?

Anyway, yes I have the city select. It is harder to push with two kids, though it's awesome with one, and if you have the heavier child at the back it's more maneuverable. It's quite long, though that's not really an issue just out walking! I love it though, more than my old 3-wheel pram (which I didn't think I would) and it's so stable and great for going over small bumps in the pavement etc. Easy enough to push on grass (again I though the small front wheels would make it hard).
    The only hard bit it lifting up the front to lift it over a curb if there's no ramp, particularly with the heavy kid on the front, but if you put your foot on the rear axle fir leverage it's not too bad. Most curbs have the ramp anyway.
    But yeah, I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take mine often for long walks - maybe not so much 'brisk" but it goes well over grass and roads and footpaths - even with 2 kids - very easy to steer with one hand (with 1 bub) a little more effort needed for one hand and 2 bubs!

I don't have any problems with 2 kids except when I have to lift it up over a kerb (my DS is 18kg DD 5kg) so that's the only issue I have - but most places I go I don't need to lift it up.

I was also surprised how well it maneuvers as a 4 wheeler. It is great as a single pram and double

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go for long walks all the time on all kinds of terrain. Its fantastic. I only have one bubba though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    I know they recalled the seat, but didn't they put out some sort of replacement? I might be imagining that?
    They did, then they recalled and removed it completely more recently.. We're in the same situation and will get a city mini double for both kids

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/10)
    & now baby #2 is on the way!