+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For partners or loved ones of those who are suffering from mental illness

Hi guys and girls. I've created a group for those of us who's partners or loved ones are suffering with mental illness. It's easy to forget the strain that those of us who are trying to support these people go through. It's a group where you can come, share your story and what you're currently going through. Discuss how this loved one is treating you and those around you, and receive support and feel listened to. Vent if you need to. Cry if you need to. We all want our loved ones to get well, but sometimes it's incredibly hard for those of us who are trying to support them. It's a private group, so just send me a PM and I'll send you an invite. It can be found here: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...hp?groupid=229

Thanks for reading.

GFP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Would be nice if I could get DH to join.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a great initiative, GFP, so I'm hereby bumping this thread for you!

Interestingly; a lot of people who have partners/loved ones with mental illness, experience mental illness themselves (sometimes from the strain of 'caring' for their unwell partner, other times for various other reasons). I am one of these people, but since my partner is on the road to recovery and I probably am more unwell at the moment, I won't "infiltrate" your group.

But as someone who has a great interest in mental health, both as a professional and a consumer, I would be happy to help in any way I can. (Providing information about mental health resources, support services for consumer/carer, etc)

Best of luck with your group, I am sure it will be very helpful to many in here.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I've sent a few invites out to those that I can see have partners going through tough times. I think it's going to be a good place for everyone to get the support they need, as we will all be in the same boat, or have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could I please have an invite? So much I need advice with but now aware of people IRL that I know on here prefer not to reveal on open forum.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Invite sent.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I please have an invite too?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Invite sent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Am I allowed to join? I sit on both sides of that line so not sure how you'd all feel about that. Believe me I know I can be a pita but atleast I'm getting help.. Dp hasn't reached that stage yet *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could I please have an invite too?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app