+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    John Pilger has done some great documentaries. You can watch them all for free on his website: www.johnpilger.com

You might also want to check out this website: www.freedocumentaries.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nasalhaironfire For This Useful Post:

laurea  (17-12-2011),MuminMind  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been watching Child of Our Time recently, and I've really enjoyed it. Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freedman (Freeman?) really opened my eyes to physics and how the universe was formed/works. I never thought I'd 'get' that kind of stuff, but I found it easy to understand.
    There's heaps more but my brain is failing me, I love documentaries.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by little miss View Post
    ABC recently showed a lot of Louis Theroux's docos, which I really enjoyed. I like sociology/psychology ones the best and I think these fall under that category.
    I was going to suggest Louis Theroux also. I like him a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooh yes, Louis Theroux is fantastic. Great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Loose change" by Michale Moore is fascinating. It's about the corupt health insurance system in America

What about the classic "7 up" series??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnant in America is amazing and also business about being born. Another 1 is 1 born every minute.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie1990 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Loose change" by Michale Moore is fascinating. It's about the corupt health insurance system in America
    I think you might be confusing "Loose Change" the 9/11 truther documentary with "Sicko", which is Michael Moore's expose of the USA's health care system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's such an obvious choice and probably everyone has seen it, but I love SuperSize Me. I just love Morgan Spurlock. He's so likeable and has a really geekily-awesome name.

Louis Theroux is also a good one to look for - he's got a whole series of docos out there. Spends time with various people - I've seen him with the Westboro Baptist Church, Neo-Nazis, a small-time brothel, etc etc. He's a sexy nerd too... with a nice British accent to make him even sexier.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (17-12-2011),Vic35  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Louis Theroux is also a good one to look for - he's got a whole series of docos out there. Spends time with various people - I've seen him with the Westboro Baptist Church, Neo-Nazis, a small-time brothel, etc etc. He's a sexy nerd too... with a nice British accent to make him even sexier.
    Haha! I've got the same weakness SassyMummy, I just love the nerds!! Not the hard core ones but the funny/sensitive ones with a bit of a geek streak get me every time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic35 View Post
    Hmmmm, it depends on what you're into? Some doccos can be quite disturbing but hard not to watch such as 'Deliver us from Evil' and 'Capturing the Friedmans' which are about child sex abuse. 'Jesus Camp' and 'Devil's Playground' and Andrew Denton's 'God on My Side' are good if you're interested in doccos about religion which I am. 'The Bridge' was a really interesting one on Mental illness and suicide althrough very sad.

'Paradise Lost' was a great doccumentary on what most people consider the wrongful incarseration of three teenagers for a triple murder because they were a little bit different. They are so clearly innocent and incapable of such voilence yet one of the victims's stepfathers is clearly crazy.

One of my absolute favourites that I've watched a few times is 'The King of Kong.' It's an awesome docco on two guys batteling it out for the highest score in Donkey Kong. I'm not at all into computer games yet this had me on the edge of my seat and actually in tears at the end of it (and I hardly ever cry in movies). Definitely worth watching.

Would love to hear yours or anyone else's recommendations as well.
    Vic!! I just have to say I just finished watching 'king of kong' after your recommendation. It was honestly the best film I've seen in a long time. Such a simple topic, but so moving. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for suggesting this. (even if I didn't start this thread) !!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jurty For This Useful Post:

Vic35  (17-12-2011)