+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What is an indian breakfast?

There is a new indian restuarant opening near my work. They have just put their trading hrs up and are open breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Me and they guy at work are arguing about what it would be - would it be normal indian food but for breaky, indian breakfast (Whatever that is) or like bacon and eggs/cafe breakfast??

im so intruged??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No idea but a thai restaurant in my state used to serve breakfast and it was just bacon/eggs/toast etc cafe style not thai inspired at all. It was like a separate thing just in the same restaurant. It didn't take off though so they canned it - probably was a bit confusing for people. One of teh best breakfasts of my life though, seriously..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (29-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indian breakfast. Some curry and rice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we lived in India breakfast on the rare mornings we would eat breakfast at a restaurant (mind you, this was a Westernized version of an Indian breakfast, a traditional breakfast would differ depending on the different regions/states in India. We tried to stay to more traditional/locally run restaurants so I would say that we experienced breakfast as close to traditional Indian breakfast as is possible in a restaurant) was coconut porridge, eggs scrambled with tomatoes and lots of herbs with chapatti or naan bread, lots of fruit salad, omlettes with veggies, chai tea and milky coffee - sooo good! The region we were in typically served fish curry and rice for breakfast, which was traditional.

Whatever they serve will be delicious, Indian food is the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kedgeree?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know Button but I'm subscribing and would like you to go there and please find out?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    I don't know Button but I'm subscribing and would like you to go there and please find out?
    they haven't opened yet, but i will come back and let you know what they have.

if its a proper indian breaky i am going to check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure that most indians(Hindu religion basically follow vegetarian diets) don't eat pork, so there would be no bacon.
    I would assume they would serve meals like idli, chapati and dosa.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (29-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    Way to make me drool.