+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best MCN for long term use?

Hi, I'm just getting started with MCNs and would like people's advice regarding the best nappies for ongoing long term use on 2 or 3 children. Which nappies hold up the best?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have some BBH that were second hand and have been used on 2 kids and are still in excellent condition.

similarly my itti bittis look great
    Last edited by Bubbles10; 29-11-2011 at 11:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am preg with number three and all mine are pretty much in perfect condition. It depends how you well you look after them etc. Mine aren't even faded like some ppl's I know after using them for a couple of kids.

Some of my faves include - baby beehinds bamboo & covers, krap katchers night and day ones, itti bitti d'lish, peapods, bubblebubs, berry plush

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 25 itti tuttos and I love them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the elastic to go slack on the ittis and baby behinds, I also had leaks every time with the itti bitti tutto, my bubblebubs cute tooshie candies were the best nappy I found

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like my BumGenius nappies, they have made all the elastic easily replaceable and they just always wash up so well. U can buy spare insert sets too. Snaps last longer than Velcro, though u can actually replace the Velcro too.

Other than that, good quality flats or prefolds are a good option, as they last very well if looked after and to buy new covers for them (should they wear out) is cheaper than to buy whole new nappies. I especially like Bumboo bamboo flats, with Thirsties or Bumboo covers (Thirsties are size adjustable).

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    I found the elastic to go slack on the ittis and baby behinds, I also had leaks every time with the itti bitti tutto, my bubblebubs cute tooshie candies were the best nappy I found
    Ditto, the elastic has either gone or is going on most of my Baby Beehind magic alls. I take exceptional care of my nappies and it hasn't happened to other brands which I bought at the same time and use just as much. The BBH bamboo fitteds are all fine though, and they are more cost-effective too - I highly recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your replies, i think i'm on the right track. i guess i'm just trying to work out if cost = quality! some brands seem so expensive, but if they last for ages it should work out cheaper than paying less and replacing iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my BBH and have never had a problem with them.

My favourite nappies are from Sustainable hemp products