Any same sex parents I'm Adelaide? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any same sex parents I'm Adelaide?

Hi, I'm gonna put this out there again, anyone?

We are TTC at the moment.

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry LexnLux, I'm in Brisbane, though my family do live there and my Mum knows a couple there who would love to get pregnant. My Mum told me that they don't allow fertility for same sex couples in SA?? Is that true? Are you doing home insems?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Thanks for replying :-)

Yeah, we are trying home insemination, hopefully we will have success for Xmas. You are right, SA made it illegal for ivf etc. for single and lesbians - we had started with Melb ivf earlier in the ear but it was all too hard and expensive flying back and forth :-( but we have a great donor (friend) now and it's much easier to try at home for a while.

I am a bit nervous about being alone in the woods though! As I don't have any pregnant friends (straight or gay lol)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey
    Wow, I can't believe they did that, it seems so harsh. Flying would definitely be expensive!! Plus the cost of IVF on top of that! At least (I think) if you don;t have any luck with home insem's they might be able to consider you "medically infertile" and let you access it. you don't need it though!
    Pregnancy can be a pretty scary time, I don't know any pregnant people either, but family and friends who have kids have been super helpful. We did a tour of the hospital and there were a few other pregnant ladies there, so if you are a little more social than I am, you could take that opportunity to meet new pregnant friends.
    When do you start?? I hope it goes really well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I guess I better try to be sociable lol or else I will have to be on here all the time asking everyone questions in Internet lands. Thank god for the Internet, hey?

We are going to try our first home insem in about 20 days. I am using the power of positive thinking and saying that it'll "take" first go :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,

My partner and I live in Adelaide. We did home insemination and conceived first cycle, Our lil girl is due in 4 1/2 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tarudy - that's great! Congratulations :-)

That's also encouraging for us - as I am really really really wanting to get pregnant first time. It's good to know it can happen!

I bet you are so excited!

It's also good to know there are other same sex couples doing this DIY in Adelaide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww yay I hope it goes well for you - fingers crossed! We got pregnant on our second attempt, despite my having two medical conditions notorious for causing infertility. Positive thinking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm not same
    Sex couple but Just wanted to jump in and say goodluck!! I'm in Adelaide also!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bec!

:-)