Closed Thread
Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time! Good luck next week as well.

My only advice would be that pregnancy is a time which prepares you physically and emotionally for motherhood. This part... the judgement.... doesn't stop when you give birth. It gets worse! You're a member of this site so you would have an idea what I'm talking about. The comments section on mother related articles in the online news.. just avoid them. Try not to talk about issues like immunisation, circumsicion (?sp) or even controlled crying with anyone other than people you know who agrees with you

Fears for the health and safety of yor child!? That will be your constant companion once bubs is born. You'll learn to live with it, or else just turn off the news or change the subject, or do something to take your mind off it.

I imagine it gets worse when they get older and more independant as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood! The best thing you've ever done in your life
    Last edited by Naboo; 05-01-2012 at 10:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just thought I would pop in here although I don't entirely fit. I am 39 & DH is 37 and after trying but not really trying iykwim for about 17 months we fell preg in Aug with baby #1 due in May - it can happen, don't lose heart if it takes a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got implanon out yesterday, this morning I got bit of cramping around the ovaries when I was out and when I got home did a O test and it was negative but this arve a lot of discomfort and bloating in the tummy. Could I already be ovulating or just my body reacting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Naboo!

I'm not usually a whinger, but this has been so frustrating. I'm all good now, vent over, looking forward to having the amnio & subsequent results out of the way so I can really embrace this pregnancy.

I've spent my life breeding & rescuing all sorts of animals, I know I am going to LOVE being a mum!

Hi Fantasy fanatic, welcome, you do fit right in! I'm also 39, will be 40 when I have my first which will be in July - you'll just beat me be a couple months :O)

Angelbutterfly, I don't remember any symptoms like that when I had mine out, but I had been on some form of birth control for along long time, so mine was probably more gradual. I expect it's just your body reacting, although it could be ovulation, if you had an egg ready to go just at the right time, it might have done it's thing.

What are these 'o' tests you speak of? I gather it's some for of test to tell exactly when you are ovulating? That sounds like a pretty stressful way to manage it, if you have an Iphone I highly recommend 'period tracker' app. It does cost a couple bucks, but is really good at tracking all the things you need to know when TTC.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just checking in while on holidays....couldn't resist! Sorry to read that there haven't been any BFPs since I've been on here but I'm sure that the new year will bring us some great news. I'm very hopeful for this month since our holiday has helped us to 'try' well I'm now 4DPO so on the TWW. Good luck to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi NAT256!

I'm glad to hear you had a great holiday! Fx for a BFP for you next week.

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Fertility Friend, btw. I've signed up, got the app, and transferred my temps etc over - it's much more useful than the app I was using before. I'm gearing up to O in the next few days so am keen to see if FF picks it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RoRo, yes FF is good to use and I think it seems to be helpful. I must admit it's a bit addictive and I keep gazing at the graph hoping to see some sign of pregnancy! But I don't have a phone to use it on so at least I'm limited in my access.
    Sorry to read that your BFP didn't finish well for you. I hope you're feeling positive about continuing the journey.
    We're still on holidays for another week and having 3 weeks of travelling has been a great way to make the time go quickly this month. We are looking forward to testing by the time we get home. The only down side is that I'm SO hopeful this month that I may be in for a fall if we don't get a BFP. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up but I REALLY want this now. Ah it's a tough rollercoaster.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

RoRo  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Plasticine... How was your amnio? Just checking in because I was thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, in the instructions for doing ovulation tests I've been using says it can be used anytime of day so have been doing them between 8 & 8:30am but alot of web pages says the best time is at 2pm but safe to anytime after 10am. What time does everybody else tests and what time do you recommend testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbutterfly View Post
    Hi All, in the instructions for doing ovulation tests I've been using says it can be used anytime of day so have been doing them between 8 & 8:30am but alot of web pages says the best time is at 2pm but safe to anytime after 10am. What time does everybody else tests and what time do you recommend testing
    When testing I usually do it in the morning before 10am, its probably fine if you do it in the morning as long as it is around the same time every day like you've been doing. On my ovulation pack it says to do it around the same time every day but it doesn't say anything about the time....

I have just started doing my OV testing for the month, no positive yet....