Closed Thread
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Sounds great Wunsi!

Well, we start IVF on 23rd Sept, hard to believe its all happening. Signed all the consent forms & just have counselling to go. Our FS said to us it's an exciting time but I'm still feeling a bit like the world is against us, but hope for that to change
    I broke my alcohol ban by having a huge glass of wine last night & feel a bit better although lost all my tolerance which was quite funny

So I'm off to learn all the IVF lingo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi gentoo. Possible ov as of yesterday. But I never had ewcm like its supposed to be when I conceived. So we are just dtd and hoping for best. That great about hcg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news Gentoo!!

Anyone here on their 2ww or needing encouragement to POAS? It is a blue moon tonight, so maybe there is some awesome lunar influence to be tapped into??

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, just dropping in to say my levels have all gone up beautifully. I decided not to ask for exact numbers as my obsessive googling about twins/girl/boy because of high hcg was driving me nuts.

Nat and vivre- there are some great threads in the ivf section on bubhub. Look for month names, they are people cycling together and great support. There are newbies and not in there so you can ask lots of questions and get everyone's opinions. In my experience I took day of epu and following day off. Then took day of embryo transfer and two more days off, but I have a physical job. If you sit at a desk then no dramas. good luck ladies, I hope you're able to just do one cycle and hey presto.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (01-09-2012),Vivre  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad it's going so well, Wunsi. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a healthy, full-term pregnancy for you! I hope Nat and Vivre will have similar great success with IVF. I'm really excited to hear you've set your first IVF cycle up, Vivre.

I'm 8DPO, and not sure whether to be optimistic or not - had some spotting last night and a slight crampy, PMS feeling this morning. The glass-half-full part of me thinks it could be implantation bleeding, but the glass-half-empty part thinks it's just more post-MC weirdness and AF is starting early with a long, protracted lead in. I had a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend (which I now feel guilty about), so maybe Murphy's Law will come into play. A few more days should tell one way or the other...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (03-09-2012),Vivre  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Haven't been keeping up with posts, so forgive me if I'm not up on everyone's news.

Have been awol again for a while on the 2WW. Well, I thought this one would take but I gave in early and tested on Saturday 3 days early with a FRER, and a BFN. To top it off I have a bunch of festy coldsores on my lip, which I actually thought was a sure sign I was pregnant. DP doesn't really get it, thinks we can just go along and give it a half-hearted shot. What he doesn't get is then when I get a BFN at the end of the month I always end up feeling like a bit of a failure or like I haven't tried hard enough, or like he hasn't tried hard enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Petulia - Sorry about the BFN. I know what you mean. It took me a few months to feel that DH really understood how much each month affects me too. Keep letting him know and talk him through the little things that cause you a sad moment so that he becomes more and more aware. I do the same as you and kick myself for each time we didn't try or what we could've/should've done. It's crazy to beat ourselves up but natural I'm sure. Thinking of you, look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Wunsi. Thanks for keeping us updated. As Gentoo said, it gives a lot of encouragement to Nat and Vivre.

Nat and Vivre, good luck with the start of your IVF journeys this month.

Petulia, my partner was originally the same. He has always been supportive but never understood how I felt. However he now gets upset as well. When I mentioned trying Chinese medicine, he was the one that made the initial phone call.

We had our first appointment with the practitioner last week. She was really nice and we both felt comfortable with her. I gave up temping and charting a few months ago and have only gotten back in to it. I only had 4 proper ones to give her. She said I had a hormonal imbalance. My cycles have ranged from 29 – 40 days and ovulation happens on different days. She also looked at my tongue. She asked me if I got hot at night and I said yes. She then asked if I could still feel cold sitting in a hot room and I said yes. I said my partner would have a t shirt on and I would be near the ducted heating with a jumper and would have cold hands.

She wants to do acupuncture once a week and also gave me herbs, luckily in tablet form. I was worried I may have to brew them. She also told us not to try for 4 months. She said my egg quality would not be good. I wasn’t really disappointed as I could see her point that my body is not quite right. My partner is a bit of a sceptic but after his session with her, he is on board as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi gentoo. I am confused now. I thought you would be only cd 6-8 now. Did you find out some more info of when cd1 starts after m/c? I am, after many hours working it out, cd 16. No idea if I ov and dtd really hurts. So I guess I will see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I see now gentoo. You got pos opk not long after d&c