Closed Thread
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh right, thanks for the thought.... Yeah, no confusion here...it doesn't even give me the chance to get all TTC mental and think 'hmmm, maybe just a bit of preg spotting, hmmm?" Confused about the really severe cramps I had at 8-10DPO and the 6 day late period.

NAT good luck with the travel logistics, I really hope they make it easy for the out of towers to get the same kind of access as city folk...
    Big adventure though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swear I just posted something but computer ate it. I think I said something like this:

Thanks Kazza for the thought, but there is no mistaking it here...don't even get the chance to mentally pretend that is could just be a bit of spotting...
    NAT - good luck with travel logistics. Is it weird that I'm excited for you?
    Only person I know who has had IVF was ex's sister. 36/37, ridiculously underweight size4, massive alcohol probs (hopefully not anymore?), nasty mean girl(prob not a fertility issue, but felt like saying it...*****) but dentist and therefore loads of $ and she ended up with healthy twin daughters...if that inhospitable body can do it...then it will be a breeze for you no doubt.

I just yelled at the fella about something dumb and then we both had a couple of tears cause we realised that we are pretty upset and wondering why I had such massive cramps 8-10DPO and a 6 day late cycle...something tried to happen but then failed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooh didn't know I couldn't say biiiartch...sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    aarrgg my old post has appeared...

Thanks
    Reviews
    bad luck Rain. On the TMI subject I have brown spotting at the start before it turns red. I usually get half a day of the first.
    My acupuncturist has been working on reducing blood clots when it turns red. (apologises I did warn TMI) because apparently you are not supposed to have pain or clots, the things you learn

Goodness Nat, fair play to you in your planning. I'm trying to work out how to squeeze in scans & transfers etc. for first thing in the morning when we start. Ive been told you only officially need 1 day off (egg collection) per cycle but I reacted quite badly to the lap surgery anesthetic so Im guessing Ill need more.

Just watched a DVD that our clinic gave us about random celebs having IVF.
    Not sure if it improved my mood but it did make me laugh listening to John Mangos talk IVF

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Oh bad luck Vivre. Sorry to hear that the lap hasn't made a difference so far.

We've finally made a decision on which IVF clinic to go through. We will have one more try before our first IVF appt (which is only an initial appt so will probably take some more time before we actually start). I'm trying to get my head around how it will all work travelling for treatment. We'll need to go to Adelaide one day, stay overnight, come back home and go back 3 or 4 days later. That's without any other scans etc in the meantime. It's a 4 hour trip to Adelaide so it's going to take a lot of organisation with work etc. I don't know how we'll do it and also keep privacy about it at work. The cost of accommodation etc will also add to costs. Tricky! But we'll take it as it comes and see how we go. Feedback on another forum was that the clinic is as helpful as possible with country patients so I hope that's right.
    Nat, I work about 2hrs from he clinic and I have been able to do bloods at the local pathology in the town I work. Scans I always make the effort to go to the IVF clinic as they are so much quicker and better and I'm not sure I'd be allowed to do them elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Wunsi, how have you been feeling?? Is this your first?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Hi rain, yes this is my first so a little tentative. I've not been too bad. Lots of mild cramping during past 10 days that are easing. I seem to have evening sickness, and tired but not sleeping well. I have another bt tomorrow to check levels are rising nicely. All in all I feel good, thanks for asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck with levels Wunsi. I'll be checking in to see how you go. I'm sure it will all be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kazza - I got jack of POAS and went for a blood test today. I'm finally down to <25! How's your cycle going? Any sign of O or AF?