Closed Thread
Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kdgirl, AF was due Monday last week and actually arrived, three days early and lighter than usual. I only tested because my temps stayed high throughout AF and after, and that hasn't happened before.

Going by others' experiences on this forum I am guessing it was a chemical pregnancy - sperm did meet egg but it didn't stick - and apparently they're very common.

So it's back on the Sperm Meets Egg Plan for me.

Anyone still waiting to test this month?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Kdgirl, AF was due Monday last week and actually arrived, three days early and lighter than usual. I only tested because my temps stayed high throughout AF and after, and that hasn't happened before.

Going by others' experiences on this forum I am guessing it was a chemical pregnancy - sperm did meet egg but it didn't stick - and apparently they're very common.

So it's back on the Sperm Meets Egg Plan for me.

Anyone still waiting to test this month?

Ah okay RoRo, I guess you can take this as a good sign that sperm is meeting egg and just have to get a sticky. Stick to the sperm meets egg method, I think this increases your chances.

If you are near a place that you can get acupuncture I can't recommend this highly enough to assist a little more

Good luck for January everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kdgirl View Post
    Ah okay RoRo, I guess you can take this as a good sign that sperm is meeting egg and just have to get a sticky. Stick to the sperm meets egg method, I think this increases your chances.

If you are near a place that you can get acupuncture I can't recommend this highly enough to assist a little more

Good luck for January everyone
    Thanks kdgirl! I live in Auckland, so there are tonnes of places I can get acupuncture. I'm also going to get some B6 as soon as I can find a pharmacy (most are shut today for Boxing Day) as I think my luteal cycle is a bit short (seems to be 10 days most months).

My temp dropped today and I'm spotting heavily, which I never do mid-cycle, so I'm taking that as confirmation that it really was a chemical. Onwards and upwards :-/

Hi Naboo! Just realised I hadn't said hi yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Sorry to hear that there were no BFP over the festive season.

January is a fresh start so good luck to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/73...he-clock.thtml

I thought that this was a very interesting article and particularly pertinent for us in this thread.

Hoping that everyone's Christmas was lovely and stress-free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Ro, I thought it would have been good news for you on Christmas Day.

Thanks for posting the article kalgirl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today I got the implanon out, 1 step closer, without it usually know when ovulating but got it out so this month I can test to be 100% sure. Then we start ttc after y next b12 injection on the 4th Feb, just got to not give into temptation this month to ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooo! How exciting to find this thread full of fellow pregger & trying to be preggers 'old ducks'!

Hello all. I'm 39, we started trying for our 1st bubs in November 2010 when I had my implanon removed. One year later and I was just starting to investigated buying clomid online when we got a positive result. yay!

Very excited and thinking that I'd just jump on the baby train with all the other mummies when I discovered that the health system is way more paranoid about my age then I am!

Several months later and many "oh, you're old" this, and "age-related risks" that and insanely stupid high risk ratings for my down syndrome screening tests "because of maternal age" (requiring amnio next week and scaring the hell out of me!) and I'm beginning to feel like I'm the freakiest woman around! LOL!

Now I'm not unaware that increased age can make the path a little less smooth, and I have a science background & a keen interest in medicine, so I'm not naive in the workings of the human body, but sheesh, I'm getting a little tired of the general "oooo, preggers old lady - don't bother speaking to her like a normal mother, just tell her she is at risk of everything and send her for testing" attitude I'm getting from many of the health "professionals.

Sheesh! Have any of you other ladies experience any age bias in your quest to become pregnant, or after you've become pregnant?

Nice to meet you all, good luck and much baby dust for everyone here.

***I'm not an 'older mother' I'm a more experience human being.***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there. With DS I was 35 and didn't really experience a bias as such. I did share care with my GP who is a lovely woman so I guess that helped. I did have to do the additional routine tests you need to do after you're 35. Even though I had private medical insurance, I went public. Not sure if that changed anything but maybe they are too busy to care in the RPA

If I get pregnant again I'll be 39 and possibly in the same boat. I'll go back to my GP, and she's pretty forthright but not judgemental. Not sure how I'd cope with the age bias though. I'd probably feel abit cr@p or angry or ambivilant (depending on my hormones at the time haha!).

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Naboo (hello ladies!)

"depending on my hormones" haha! I've been very lucky that way, no morning sickness, no moodiness, everything seems to be going fine.

Sounds like you have a lovely, understanding GP, which must be a great comfort to you. I think given that you've had a child already, you might be treated a little differently for the next one. It's really hard to say, can be just a matter of an inexperienced Doc on a bad day or something I guess.

I'm in Adelaide, public patient, so my antenatal appointments are at the Modbury hospital with birthing and 'serious' appointments (eg amnio) at the Womens & Childrens. I know that WCH has the best experts in the world, so that's all good. The only thing that amuses me somewhat is that when you go for your appointments, you have to take a number and wait, just like the deli section at Woolies! It's both a sad indictment on our public health system, and a source of endless amusement for me.

My main issue is the way my Down syndrome screening test results were dealt with. I think it was just a young inexperienced doctor but there was no attempt tp explain to me what readings they took from my bloods or scan, why they take those readings, what my readings actually were or how the calculate the end risk factor.

He just let us into the office while he had a chat with someone in the corridor, where we could see in big numbers on the 17 inch screen the figures 1:2 for T21 & 1:36 for T18. What a shock!

After that point our brains just went to mush and he didn't make any attempt to explain what those horrible numbers meant, he just said, "you'll need to go for amnio, but don't worry it'll probably be alright, if not you can terminate, although our lawyers are working through some legal issues around that at the moment" (apparently you can terminate for 'social' reasons - e.g I don't feel like having a baby today, but you can't terminate if the baby is 'abnormal'! what the?!).

We were in there for only about 15 minutes, felt like forever, but whilst he was telling us this and trying to arrange CVS or Amnio we were interrupted FIVE times by people knocking on the door! It was all pretty sh!t and I can't help but feel that if I had've been younger there would have been less of an attitude of "oh, your old, you'll have a downs baby anyway, no matter what we do or tell you so who cares" and more would have been explained to us.

Anyway, the next day I made several phone calls and spoke to some highly placed doctors at the hospital and found out the all the factors they take into account to come up with this risk, only one blood reading was low (and that can be caused be so many other things), and everything else was normal or better than normal, it's just my age that gave the high risk. Everyone I have spoken to at the hospital since has expressed great surprise that I was given such a high risk number. Sure, put me in the high risk category because of my age, but a one in two chance? sheesh, that's ridiculous.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, I have amnio next week and am pretty confident that everything will be ok.

For everyone else good luck on your journeys, it took me a year to conceive so never give up hope and here's hoping for lots of BFPs from the over the next few months.

Ally