Closed Thread
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad the FS appt went well, MrsErinR. While we all wonder about our "numbers" and worry about whether they're good enough, at least getting tests done means you can have a factual basis to work forwards from.

Kazza - I'm STILL getting +ve on HPTs! I stopped getting a line on the internet cheapies several days ago, but still get one on FRER - it's not super-dark but is easily distinguishable, so must still be >25 but probably <100ish?. (And definitely not a new pg). After reading up, it appears there might be another trick in figuring out CD1 - it seems that HCG can linger in your urine for a bit longer than in your blood, so there is a lag between reaching a 0 HCG blood level and the first -ve HPT (just to make it even more complicated). Have you been temping or OPKing since your -ve? I'm rather confused - had what looked like very fertile CM for a few days at the end of last week, so I've got no idea what's going on. I really just want AF now so I can reset the counter to CD1!

I'm going to buy some Vitex at lunch today - after too much googling about the causes of a blighted ovum I'm now clutching at any straw to improve my egg quality. Another supplement to add to the already long list of things I'm taking (or as DH puts it, even more expensive pee.....)
    Last edited by Gentoo; 27-08-2012 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news MrsErin...all sounds positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I'm glad the FS appt went well, MrsErinR. While we all wonder about our "numbers" and worry about whether they're good enough, at least getting tests done means you can have a factual basis to work forwards from.

Kazza - I'm STILL getting +ve on HPTs! I stopped getting a line on the internet cheapies several days ago, but still get one on FRER - it's not super-dark but is easily distinguishable, so must still be >25 but probably <100ish?. (And definitely not a new pg). After reading up, it appears there might be another trick in figuring out CD1 - it seems that HCG can linger in your urine for a bit longer than in your blood, so the lag between the first -ve HPT and acutally reaching a 0 HCG blood level may be a bit less than 4 days. Have you been temping or OPKing since your -ve? I'm rather confused - had what looked like very fertile CM for a few days at the end of last week, so I've got no idea what's going on. I really just want AF now so I can reset the counter to CD1!

I'm going to buy some Vitex at lunch today - after too much googling about the causes of a blighted ovum I'm now clutching at any straw to improve my egg quality. Another supplement to add to the already long list of things I'm taking (or as DH puts it, even more expensive pee.....)
    Ok I might read up on it too. Maybe its only two or three days?? Who knows. All this maths is doing my head in. I never used opk or temping before, abd dont think I will this time either. It just would strees me out even more. Good luck with you. Ir sounds like its soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say I have quite enjoyed the temping. I have myself up a nice automated spreadsheet and graph (I do love a good spreadsheet I do [shame]) and actually the fact that I took my temps proved my opk wrong (admit it was first time I have used opks and did it with fmu...wrong!). It goes a little something like this (sung early '90s style rap):
    Opks said ov cd12 (what i expected).
    Temp has proved biphasic shift on cd20, and ewcm agrees with the late ov.
    The fact that I am now cd31 of a ucl27 shows this to be true.
    Am now having a further temp spike and insanely convincing myself it is a triphasic shift.
    Trying desperately to hold off testing till 14dpo...but this is a whole 3 more days...ugh...Also trying not to jinx myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rain78, it sounds like you're as much of a spreadsheet geek as I am! I originally made a spreadsheet (in Google docs so I could access it from anywhere) and now I use Fertility Friend (NAT256 put me on to it).

I'm 7dpo today and my temp is up from the first six days... trying desperately not to read too much into it, since it could easily be just the progesterone pessaries (to extend my luteal phase beyond 6-8 days).

I'm in the same place as many of the rest of you - 38, and no sign of a baby after a year of trying, despite not appearing to have anything wrong with me or DH - and we're signed up for IVF in October, assuming we're still not pregnant then. We've got the final meeting with the nurses and doctor tomorrow. I'm going to be taught how to inject myself. not looking forward to that one bit. We decided to forge ahead with the big guns rather than trying IUI, since it doesn't look like IUI actually increases your chances very much. I'm still not sure I'm ready, but I haven't felt ready for all my other life milestones either

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe RoRo...I use both Fertility Friend and my own spreadsheet. I love FF because they have a massive database and software to identify trends. So I use their interpretation and apply that to my own graph as I (nothing better to do with her time tragic head case warning, look away now) colour data points according to ov day and any well timed lovin'. I have also overlaid CM series, graphed on the secondary axis and I have exaggerated the vertical axis to identify any thermal shifts myself...phew [embarrassed to admit that to the world]. I am my own lab experiment. Funnily enough the fella studies triggers in fertility in mammals (incl humans) so is v interested too, lol.

7DPO elevated temp is good jah RoRo

Assisted conception sounds like a big step for everyone, but a totally logical one (if it's right for you of course). And I agree RoRo...it's always the big moments in our lives that scare us, but it so often happens that reward comes from stepping out of our comfort zone. We have agreed to a year of trying before we start the "investigation" (I have agreed, but like the idea of 6 months personally).

PS my temp dropped today, but no AF yet fact fans...we are dipping stick into preprepared FMUrine when fella comes back from meeting...feeling like stick will laugh in my face.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain78 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pee ona Stick says Noooooo.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bugger

Thanks
    Reviews

Bugger. How many days was your last cycle from red blood? You still could get pos in two days time

Thanks
    Reviews

Or was it first month trying?