Closed Thread
Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would be too early. It's day 30...and if I ov on day 18, then I really should wait till Tuesday (if no AF) to make it 14dpo, fella wants to tomorrow and he will prob get his way

I have had really severe ab and lower back cramps and pulled muscle down my side (from sitting on my bum eating??). Been needing hot water bottles and baths, very painful. Like v bad AF cramps, but the pulled muscle is bad. Subsiding today but if not a positive then I'm a bit worried what it could be...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Quote Originally Posted by Rain78 View Post
    Do they actually turn you down if you have a record, or is it the "seriousness" of the crime? Where is the line between "allowed" and "bugger off ya dirty crim"??
    I don't know, wasn't willing to enter that discussion with the clinic, too touchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mrsErinR - Hubby and I had the discussion re: IVF today along the lines of whether to go in Sept as planned or not. Basically we think it's a matter of have to at this age, even though we probably have a chance to become pregnant naturally given enough time. However I'm 39 now so don't feel we can wait any more....as much as I'd love to avoid IVF if I could.

A police check??? That's amazing. Never heard of that for this path before. Though they seem to be everywhere nowadays. Although I have one for teaching of course, I have had to have 2 other ones for volunteer roles etc because apparently they can all be different, so one doesn't necessarily work for all situations. Out of control.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Wunsi, I'm really happy for you!

(Sorry my response is a bit late - can't keep up with this thread at the moment.)

Nat, that's a big decision that you have made. Being a bit older is so frustrating isn't it - it's likely that we have quite reasonable fertility, but when time is a factor it is very difficult to just let nature take its course (especially if we want more than one child). Good luck with this next step of the journey. At least you have a positive IVF success story to encourage you from the outset (thanks to Wunsi ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat256, I'm 39 too...so I definitely know we're you're coming from and I can totally understand you and DH making that decision. I think we would make the same one actually as there is just no time to waste. I'm interested in trying IUI if it was suitable for us.

Good luck with your first appointment.

We are off to FS today too...I'm feeling nervous but hope it goes OK
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 27-08-2012 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MrsErinR! Let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MrsErin and looking forwarding to hearing all about it. I felt the same way before we went and although we still are working on the process, its almost comforting that you are either confirming all is ok or identifying issues so you can resolve.

Its funny from our perspective on IVF, I have a couple more years on you guys but my FS is really keen to get us started. Im starting to wonder from a sanity perspective she may well be right.
    Our process was also quite long i.e. 3 steps - nurse meeting to explain what goes on, Accounts to give us the bad news financially and finally the Counseling session which for us is scheduled for 3 weeks time
    This on top of police check and a Child protection check. This baby is going to be the safest child on earth

Im feeling inspired by Wunsi that this is all worth it.

According to FF, my test day is tomorrow for this cycle. Last 24 hours has been feeling like AF is coming so not too optimistic. The last two days I have felt quite nauseous in the morning, mild cramping and so cranky. Normally I would be quite inspired by these symptoms but given this has happened before Im not going to read too much into anything
    Times like this I wish I could just close my eyes and wake up in 6 months..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Gentoo gentoo gentoo. I have just worked something out. You now how myself and you have been doing preg test post m/c waiting for no line and thinking that will be day 1? Well I just worked out that most poas pick up from 25hcg and show line. So I am going to add 4 days to day it came up nothing and make that day 1. Dont let thus muck up dtd. We are doing it anyway. But at least we may have a more accurate due date if we conceive again straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies...it's good to know people are having the same thoughts as me! I am just back from FS appointment. It was great, but my head is spinning somewhat.

I was nervous about the doctor but he was very nice and just practical about what to do. I was scared of being judged but I didn't feel that way at all.

Anyway, he wasn't at all concerned about my fibroids which was my main reason for going. We are just getting straight into doing all the tests to check out where we're at. Blood test and semen analysis for DH and blood test and another ultrasound for me. That is to check whether my tubes are open as they could have been affected by scar tissue from earlier fibroid surgery.

Once we have that info, we will decide whether to give IUI a try, or to jump straight to IVF.

It is good to have a plan. I just wish we didn't need all this intervention.

Oh and we're off to get our police checks too...Damn Victorian laws!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This police check thing is cracking me up Good luck with that! Good to hear your visit was positive MrsErinR.
    Good luck Vivre!!

Well I just got a positive OPK and am going crazy with what's going on with my body. Here's the run down...
    I always ovulate on day 12. I had the usual darkening OPKs leading up to day 12 and DTD accordingly. Late on day 10 I began to bleed lightly and this lasted until day 13 (throughout what should have been my fertile days). Now, on day 19 I have a positive OPK. I would normally expect AF on day 24/25.

So it's all very weird but we'll DTD today and see how we go with temps etc over the next few days. They might give me a clue as to whether it's ovulation or not. Feeling okay, just confused. But I'm learning to ride the ups and downs and just see what happens. It's not all consuming, so I'm glad I'm in a good head space about it . Patience is becoming my best buddy....