Closed Thread
Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, that’s great news about your SIL. So nice to hear of happy endings.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Debstar my advice is hangin there & try to remain positive
    I think we've all been through scenarios similar so hope yours has a happy ending

Gentoo great news about your SIL

Well we are playing the waiting game at DPO 6, I'm having a weird cycle (is there ever a normal?)
    Been waking up last 4 nights really hot with temps to match but I'm not ill
    Stomach cramps started last night & I thought it was all over but have stopped today
    I start a new job on Monday so hoping for the irony of the situation to aid a baby arrival. It got me thinking if you do get pregnant when do you tell your work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my fingers crossed for you! In regards to work, it depends on the new boss. If you have a strong rapport and feel the organisation is supportive of family values I wouldn't hesitate to tell them up front. If they do not appear this way then hold out. I had a friend in a similar situation and found out she was expecting a month after starting her new job. He employer then began to give her a hard time and she didn't pass her probationary period. She is a good employee so am confident it was not performance related, although that was the reason they gave. I would wait a month and see how things are going.......(just my opinion though). Your employer will not be legally bound to offer you 12 months maternity leave although some will anyway. Good luck!

In regards to my situation, the vomiting and nausea is increasing, my AF is no where to be seen but I did another test this morning and was negative. I used first response but I do know it is only really accurate for some people 2 days past the AF expectant date so I shall wait...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, been away with work and just caught up on all your posts. Gentoo - fantastic news about your SIL!!

Well I'm in a world of confusion. After years of 24 day cycles I had that weird long cycle before my lap operation then a normal AF after lap. Then this month I'm all set to TTC and hit the fertile time, DTD one day and the next day AF arrived again!!!! So I had about 6 days between AF finishing and starting again (light but it went on for a few days). I'm completely confused and pretty p***ed at the whole thing. I don't know where the heck I am in my cycle now and I'm just plain cranky about the whole deal!

I'm definitely run down at the moment and have had some pretty emotional, high stress stuff going on at work so I wonder if that can bring on an unusual AF in some form? Last week was a shocker at work with emotions running very high all week and then this hit on Saturday night. Does anyone know if AF can appear through this sort of thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, by the way, the days before AF appeared again I'd had the OPKs getting darker and nearly a complete positive as usual leading up to ovulation. How can that happen then AF turn up???

Thanks
    Reviews
    How frustrating NAT! What I know about stress is that it can do a lot of mischievous things to the body, have heard that it definitely delays ov...but I could be wrong... not sure how that effects luteal phase or the influence of surgery...??

I need some advice too. Do others get fertile CM after they ovulate? I had positive OPKs and some watery CM with an obvious temp surge, then a few days after had a fews days in a row of EWCM...temp continued to go up but not so obviously? Confused....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, Debstar...I am eagerly awaiting the results of your next POAS attempt!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Nat256 - this sounds odd and what I'm about to write will seem odder, but I have read on some forums that some women will use an opk to test if no hpt available and it can show a positive if they are pg. Are you sure you weren't pg and had breakthrough bleeding? It's not really the right timing, but...

Thanks
    Reviews

OPKs can definitely show HCG - I've seen it in the last few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, unfortunately not possible. Only DTD the day before AF arrived so can't be HCG. As much as I wish you were right! Thanks ladies.

My big fear is that it's the end of my fertility kicking in and sending AF heywire. But I suppose the body is a very strange thing and I'm certainly getting messages lately to look after myself.