Closed Thread
Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Well I'm not exactly over 35 but will be 34 in Oct...frankly I don't think I could "chat" with 20somethings about this...

Just started to seriously think about TTC. Been too busy worrying about a career/being immature and being in r/ships with highly unsuitable men...but now, I think I'm starting to become quite enamoured by all the graphing and symptom spotting that this malarky involves...

Anyone else only just gotten comfortable with the idea and now worry I've "left it too late" (well that's what I'm told)...?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain78 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Rain78 - nice to meet you. I think most of us on here feel that way at least some of the time. It sucks that just when you are starting to feel emotionally and financially ready, you discover that you're no longer in tip top fertility condition. BUT like most things, everyone is different and you don't know till you start trying how it's going to turn out. I recently read a magazine article about Collette Dinnigan, who's pregnant at 46 - so 34 is by no means old to become a mum!

Roro and Vivre, your DHs are troopers. Hope they're feeling better soon.

So glad to hear your liver is A-okay, NAT.

I cancelled acupuncture this week, but have rebooked for next week. It just wasn't a good week for starting it - sprained my ankle (which led to a GP's appt and two expensive scans), still bleeding from D&C, and just couldn't face yet another "medical" appointment. It's become clear the last couple of days that I'm still a lot more upset than I'd realised - I burst into tears in the GP's office and felt like a total goose, but just couldn't stop crying. I'm hoping it's part of the hormonal free-fall that's taking place and I'll be more collected once I'm back to zero. (Can't come soon enough). Meanwhile, I'm self-medicating with Freddo Frogs. Thank goodness for chocolate.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 15-08-2012 at 16:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh Gentoo...I'm so sorry to hear about that [hands gentoo a block of Lindt orange intense...mmm]..I haven't been through that myself but have had several health probs in the past so def know the feeling of not wanting to face another waiting room/nurse/pre-pubescent dr....

I know I'm by no means too old, it's just what seems to be my paranoia now that I am in that "ready" place...irony and all that...

I haven't made up my mind if the trend of celebrities having babies so easily at any age is reassuring or just something to make me feel bad about if it isn't as easy as it seems...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ferris Bueller - you're my hero

Thanks
    Reviews
    Block of Lindt orange intense gratefully accepted and already polished off .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

It’s been a while since I've checked in…but I’ve been reading along. So sorry to those of you who are back after miscarriages. Fx for sticky bubs very soon for you. Welcome to the newbies.

As for me, CD1 today…damn it! I had a bit of nausea which was a bit new and was hoping for a BFP so I could cheer up DH after losing his mum this month but unfortunately it was not to be.

We are off to the FS in a couple of weeks so that I'm hopeful to get some insight and direction from that even though we haven't actually been trying all that long. The pressure of my age is really getting to me. I'll be entering my 40's in a couple of months :-(

For something a bit different, and to take my mind off things….I was thinking I’d love to know more about you all if you’d like to share? Where do you live? What’s your occupation? How long have you been with DP/DH and how did you meet? When did you get married (if you are married!). What does he (or she!?) do for a living? What do you love about them? What drives you nuts?

I’ll start…we live in Port Melbourne, Vic. I work in IT as a Development Manager. I’ve been with DH for about 2.5 years and we met online! (Yes…RSVP…haha. He’ll kill me for telling people this.) We got married in April this year. He is a Banker. I love that he always makes me laugh, even when I’m trying to be angry and it drives me nuts that he is a really fussy eater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsErinR...This is the first time I've posted on a forum...ever...about ANYTHING!!! But the fella and I had been speaking of wanting children and did away with contraception or being"careful" probably as far back as Aprilish...(this year). So I started to google everything about ovulating temping CM etc at the start of this cycle. I'm on CD19...we made the love a few times around when I think I ov...(acc to OPK)...and yesterday I had spotting and cramps (never noticed this mid cycle before??) and nausea today??. I am sure this is only due to me focussing and paying attention to it all...we are both scientists and have assessed all symptoms with me concluding that it could be any damn thing and he concluding that it is implantation symptoms...lol..I am usually a 26/27 CL kind of girl so will wait and see...?????

PS RSVP has a lot more dignity to "drunk at the bar"
    PPS Sorry to hear about losing your MIL...I have lost both of my parents in past 4 years...and being an only child it really brings the concept of "family" home...so I can imagine some of what he is feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to the newbies! Lovely to have you along and you are most welcome to join in. I agree with those feelings Rain78 but at the same time I'm somewhat of a fatalist so I believe life will take me where I'm meant to be and I certainly wouldn't change the life I live or DH, so I suppose that means I have to accept that we met later and took a bit of time to be ready.

In answer to your questions MrsErinR, I'm a little shy about sharing too much online but....
    I live in country SA and work as a teacher/student counsellor. I met DH in 2005 (small town, easy to meet ), the day before I was heading to Canada and Europe for 3 months. Fortunately when I arrived home he was still keen to catch up and we have been together ever since. We married last year.
    My DH is a tradesman with his own business. I love that he makes me laugh. I know it's cliche but I can take myself pretty seriously sometimes and he is a good fit for me because he is absolutely free with his laughter and is not a worrier at all. At the same time he completely respects who I am and the things I need, like stability/security etc and is more than happy to give me what keeps me feeling secure too. He's also super handy at making/fixing things which I love when I have projects in mind!!!
    As for what drives me nuts....hmmmm....probably his tendency to procrastinate. I'm still waiting for windows so we can move to the farm!!!

Nice post MrsErinR. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, need more choc? Surely 1 block surely isnt enough?

Im another Victorian, we live in beach side suburb. I too work in IT and so therefore know the dangers of disclosing too much personal stuff online.We'"ve been married for 6 years
    We both love sports of all kind so match made in heaven, my husband however can be quite stubborn so can take a long time to convince him of a good ideas i.e. having a baby as an example

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome and for letting me stay (shy smile).

Debstar...sounds like we have been having very similar symptoms at a similar time in our cycle...is it because we are now paying a lot more attention to all of this?

Can I ask how long everyone else has been trying for and does anyone have any children already?

My story briefly:
    I am 33, Mr Rain is 41.
    He is English here in Aus as a visiting academic researching cute Aus animals.
    I am a scientist in an engineering firm.
    We live in Brisbane but about to move to the coast as that is my home town and we want a break from the city (and my corporate job has been doing my head in).
    We have been together less than a year , but we knew the moment we saw each other that we were each others home/love/friend/partner/lover etc...
    I love him for the above reasons and because he makes me feel so secure and loved like never before and his sense of humour is as absurd and awkward as mine.
    He drives me crazy because he gets soooo VAGUE!!!!

Yesterday I felt quite strongly that something was definitely "different" this month, but today feel the exact opposite. I told Mr Rain and we both realised we were quite disappointed and have decided to step it up from "let's just see what happens" to "let's make sure we are concentrating our efforts around ovulation"...I had to share because that is really exciting news for me, and I don't feel comfortable sharing this with RL friends just yet...argh, this is becoming very real!!

Btw, I have built a virtual chocolate making machine that sits in the corner churning out ridiculously high-quality chocolate of any and all flavours upon telepathic request...mmmm