Closed Thread
Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post

Anyone have any baby names they're loving the idea of?
    Any twins in your families? Would you like twins yourself?
    What are your nursery ideas?
    Who has a preference for a boy or girl in particular (understanding of course that we'll all be thrilled with either, but hey, we can be fussy too! )
    Do you see yourself working after baby or taking some time off?
    How do you see your partner as a parent? What are you looking forward to about that?
    Anything else bubby related you think about or would like to know from others?
    I'll start . Emi Scarlette. Or Evie Scarlette I'd love Leticia nn Letty for a first name but DH is not a fan so Scarlette is my compromise

No, and with two kids already, I'm on the 70% line on no for that one!!

Nursery- pray that we can figure out how to work an extra body in! Our house isn't small, but it's almost perfect for our current needs, another body will break that equilibrium.

Girl, we've got two gorgeous boys, a change would be nice.

Currently SAHM, will remain so for a bit longer, baby or not. I have my own business that I tailor to my needs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tooznie For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a girl we would most prob use Phillipa Rose - Pippa (for short) it's female version on Phillip. Named after my uncle Phillip passed away in a very traumatic way last year and hubbys middle name is Phillip as well. Can't use it as a boys name as my cousin wants to name her boy if she has one (she just had her girl) and will not take that away from her. For a boy we like Axle Lee (my first name is Lee-Anne) or Troy Montgomery but thats not completely conclusive

We have twin/triplets in every 2nd generation which land in our generation and as of yet no-one has had any.

For us our preference is a girl as hubby has raised 2 boys (but will love it just as much if it is a boy). On a diet to help conceive a girl, there never any guarantees to it but the concept of diets and some methods does have some relevance to it.

If it's a girl the nursery theme will be My Little Pony

If it doesn't happen we plan lots of travelling right down to the budget, it gives us something else to look forward too.

Wow angelbutterfly! What a time you've had of it! Great to read that you're back on track though and happy to be in the wait. Nice to hear how you're going.

Well everyone....I have an idea.....
    We've all been through so many ups and downs (and seemingly more downs than ups lately across the board unfortunately and I've been worst of all) so I'm wondering if you're interested in a little pick-me-up? We're all on this journey for the joy of a bub one day and I wonder if the difficulties and frustration are getting to us. So....how about a happy post about what we're looking forward to in the future? If you're like me you try not to get ahead of yourselves and get your hopes up too much but I figure we all have those fun dreams of what life with our own little bundle will be so let's share. It just might reinvigorate us to keep on the journey with joy and excitement.
    Join in if you're keen :

Who has a preference for a boy or girl in particular (understanding of course that we'll all be thrilled with either, but hey, we can be fussy too! )
    How do you see your partner as a parent? What are you looking forward to about that?

I'll give you a while and then I'll start if noone else does. Let's remind ourselves of why we're doing all this.... (this little yellow guy is me rallying the troops HA!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to angelbutterfly For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=NAT256;6714709]
    QUOTE]

Great to read your ideas ladies!
    Names for us - we like May for a girl. My great-gran was May and I adored her. It also has significance for my mum who has passed away.
    For a boy...hmmmm...that's harder. I think we would have gone James as it's my husband's family name and his dad's name, but his cousin recently used it, so I'm not sure we can go that way. We like names with Irish origin also as my husband's from an Irish family. I like Malachy at the moment but not sure if I like it enough to use.

Twins - my brother has twins. Non-identical so apparently not inherited in any way. I normally wouldn't have chosen twins (as if we get a choice! HA!) but with our age we'd be THRILLED if we had them now to avoid only child.

Nursery - I've been pondering a farm theme of some sort. We have an old cottage on our farm, built in 1854, and we are currently extending it to add rooms, one of which will hopefully be the nursery. My husband is a mad fisherman so he reckons a fish theme!! Um...not sure about that one.

No preference for boy or girl. I really can't answer that one. Both please!!

If we have a bub I'd see myself taking at least a year off and would like to stay home with him/her until school if possible. However the reality of me is that I would probably go back to work. I imagine I'd probably actually miss work in reality and want to return. Fortunately I hold a great, secure job that I can come and go from if I need. It's flexible to work part-time, however many days a week I choose etc.

As for hubby as a parent. He'd be awesome!! He's from a big family and plenty of kids around is normal for him (as opposed to my tiny family). He's a very hands-on practical hubby who is happy to help out so I imagine he'd be great. He wants nothing more than to take his little one fishing! His dad used to take him in a high chair tied in the boat back when he was a tacker. Not sure I'd allow that, HA, but I can see him happily including a little one in his things.

That's it for me. Look forward to reading others' ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews

Currently I love the old school names that seem to be back in fashion. Noah for a boy and something like Sienna, Bella or Ava for a girl

The more time goes on the more I think Id like twins to have two babies but only one pregnancy. I do however watch my one year old nephew and double think that considering what a handful he is. We have twins in our family so if it comes to IVF I might choose to go with 2 embryos

I havent really thought much beyond that, Ive just started my own business (to maximise stress) but its a variation on my current contracting job only I now get tax perks. Id like to take a year off and then Ill be back into it. I think Id go insane without any adult conversation and I like the fact we can buy pretty whatever within reason without having to think twice but we'll see how it goes..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Sorry, haven’t been online for a while. It was a killer when BubHub Database crashed too. So used to being on here all the time!

Glad you’re op went OK Vivre and I hope you are feeling a bit more mobile now. Love your idea for this positive post Nat256. It’s fun to think about the future!

For us, no names chosen but we will go for something quite simple as we have a whopping hard to pronounce surname. So far we have liked Daniel and Emma.

There are no twins in the family but I wouldn’t be too disappointed if I got them. Like you Nat256 and Vivre…it helps to create an instant family when time is not on your side.

I have no preference for boy or girl. DH said he’d like a boy because he can picture himself doing stuff with a boy, but I just know he’ll be equally happy with a girl.

I am hopeful of getting pregnant again quickly after the first (if I can ever get the first that is!!) so I see myself not going back to work any time soon. I’m not sure if I will miss work. It’s getting me down at the moment and I’m looking forward to this change in my life but I might feel I want to go back after a while. Fortunately, my workplace is flexible too so I could possibly go back part time, work from home etc.

As for DH I think he’ll be a great dad but I don’t think he knows what’s going to hit him. You should see how he dotes on our cat. I take that as a good sign. He has been so wonderful through this process. I don’t think he lets on how excited he is because he doesn’t want to put too much pressure on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love reading these. It's made me smile and hope it's done the same for others. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'll give you a while and then I'll start if noone else does. Let's remind ourselves of why we're doing all this.... (this little yellow guy is me rallying the troops HA!)
    I don't like to think too far ahead either, but... I used to like Harrison for a boy, but my partner doesn't like "first names that sound like surnames" He likes "short" names, like Tom. I don't mind Tom either For a girl, no idea! I used to love Rose, Isabella, Lily and a friend stole Harper for her little girl. i really like classic names.
    No twins in my family or his. A psychic once told me I would have twins. I don't really want twins, because of the overwhelming factor, but I guess it would give us a lot of bang for our buck!
    I would like the nursery to be simple and 'clean' with calming natural colours like white and green, maybe with a rocking chair for me to sit in .. no ideas other than that.
    Preference for a boy maybe, because girls are hard work when they get older! But I'm starting to warm to the idea of a girl. And don't really mind.
    I will take some time off, not sure how long.
    My partner will be an excellent parent He's calm and gentle and kind and generous and patient and wise, etc etc etc

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=NAT256;6715837]
    QUOTE)

This has got me thinking.. I'm going to start sewing a patchwork baby quilt! I think I need to channel my energy (& over analysis of preg symptoms!!) into something constructive!

As for DP & I we are happy with a boy or girl, although in my dreams bubs is always a boy.. Ideally we'd like 2 kids. DP wants twins & it does run in his family but I'm happy with 2 kids/ 2 pregnancies. As for names -we have so many girl names we agree on but not one boy's name?! Does anyone else wonder what they're bub will look like? Who's features they'll inherit?! I'm a mix of pacific island/ east european & DP aussie/ danish- so it's anyone's guess what she/ he will inherit in the looks department!

I'd like to stay home for a year at least - & go back to work part time/ perhaps in a different position with less responsibility... It depends how we're traveling financially.. Daycare costs seems like it could suck up any part time money I'd be earning!

DP will be a wonderful dad- he works in child protection & has a lot of patience..

So back to my quilt idea.. Can't wait to start- tomorrow Spotlight!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to green tea For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    So back to my quilt idea.. Can't wait to start- tomorrow Spotlight!
    Let me know if you need any help, I've made a few quilts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tooznie!

I've never made one before! Is there a special filling for baby quilts? I googled it - is it called batting?