Closed Thread
Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha! I imagine I'll be the queen of obsessing so I completely understand! I thought that any positive was positive with HPTs so I hope that's true for you

I don't know what to think this month for me. I keep staring at my graph on Fertility Friend and trying to figure out what it all means because it's been all over the place all month (unusual for me). It was high, then nosedived, then high again today. Absolutely no signs though. The best I can come up with is that I've been attending too many Christmas parties and having too many late nights which affect my temps in the morning!

Somewhere between 10 and 13 DPO so at least I'll have an answer by Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think positive thoughts RoRo. I'm sure your husband will have a nice surprise Christmas Day.

I am officially out. AF showed up this morning right on schedule. If I wanted to put a positive spin on it, at least I can have some wine over Christmas and New Year.

Nat, I hope you get good news Christmas Day and that we only see RoRo and you back here in a supporting, rather than participating role for those of us still trying.

I haven't used Fertility Friend. For those that do, do you find it helpful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    re: Fertility Friend. I've found it interesting to see the pattern. I was lucky and already knew when I was ovulating so it just confirms that for me, but I think I use it more now to see the after-ovulation temps in the hope of seeing some sign of pregnancy. It's made me really aware of what my body does with the other signs beside temperatures too and I've seen some clear patterns in my cycle. So I think it's been worthwhile because in all my years I'd never paid attention to my body til now....oops!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

byline  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Well, I caved and did a test this morning as my temp was still high (dropped a bit but still above the coverline). And it's a faint positive! First time I've ever seen that + in the window!

I'm not convinced though - it was pretty faint - so I'm going to sit tight and test again on Christmas Day. Then if it's still a BFP I'll give DH a Christmas present :-)

Thank goodness for anonymous online forums ... I'd go mental if I couldn't talk to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Congrats RoRo. That sounds like a +ve to me. I did the exact same thing, wthat is I waited two more days and them retested with two different tests and yay BFP.f Fingers crossed this is exactly the same for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mind if I join too... I am 35 and my DH will be 37 next month, this is our 1st time trying to conceive and our forth month trying. Started using sperm meets egg this month and used OPK's for the first time too. Just started the 2WW so hoping we get a BFP this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Maplefern! Great to have you along. Hope your TWW goes quickly and you get a BFP to start the new year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

maplefern  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Byline - forgot to give for AF turning up and putting a bummer on Christmas. REALLY hope the new year brings you the biggest fattest positive! Hope you thoroughly enjoy a wine as a consolation...

On that topic.....do others have a wine during the TWW? I didn't at all at first but this month (with Christmas parties) I have to say I have. I hope that isn't awful....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, I did have a wine - it's hard not to at Christmas parties. My best friend (and bridesmaid last month), who has two kids, reassured me that until the placenta gets going, the bub isn't getting fed from Mum's blood******. Makes sense to me and I believe the placenta forms at about six weeks.

I'm off the drink now though. (still unconvinced about the BFP as no symptoms).

Hugs to byline!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Can I join your thread? I'm in a similar situation. I had DS 2 days after my 36 birthday. It was the first month we tried actually, I was in shock through-out my whole pregnancy. DS is now 3.5 years old. We were going to start trying again about a year and a half ago but due to many circumstances (including my husbands health) we had to put it off. Now we are going to start trying again in Feb/March. I turn 40 in September next year.

I go through stages when I'm not sure if I want to go through the whole thing again, then other where there's nothing I want more than another child.

It's funny, but I don't think of myself as being older. I don't feel old. But I guess time will tell if we've left things too late.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Naboo - Welcome and we're happy to have you along. I really hope your journey this time is a great one. I'm so happy to hear that you still don't feel too old as this is one of the things that concerns me trying for our first. I wonder if I'll have the energy etc. But if you keep up with a 3.5 year old I reckon that's a great sign!!

Looking fwd to hearing your results RoRo. I have the feeling AF will arrive today so will see how I go. Have certainly had the mood to go with it the last couple of days Poor hubby....