Closed Thread
Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivre View Post
    Hi girls,
    My FS told me about a week off work post recovery of the surgery. I have slow healing generally though so she is probably being cautious with me
    She said it may depend on what they find when they are in there. If it ends up being diagnostic apparently the recovery is quite quickly, if they have to remove the endo it depends on how much so I guess there isn't any clear on answer

Its great to hear a tale of someone who has been through it. Any luck since
    Wunsi?

Hi Erin, havent tried the dairy but ive read lots similar. Providing everything is ok post lap, Ive decided for the 3 months after the lap when in theory everything is at its most prime i'm going to try and be as healthy as possible.
    Ive given up caffeine for the last month and replaced with green tea and I feel a lot better, so willing to do short time pain for long time gains
    No luck I'm afraid Vivre. Just about to start 2nd stim cycle of IVF. First one gave us lots of answers but no bub.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chats View Post
    Hello, I'm almost 36 and live in Sydney. I don’t have any TTC friends who are over 35, and it would be great if I could join you here!

I just got into TWW yesterday after bunch of FSHs + hCG as I have problem with ovulation (never get ovulated naturally). Well, I still don't know if I was ovulated or not...

Impressed with people giving up their favourite foods/drinks! I drink diet coke often but should really give up, too....
    Hi Chats....WELCOME! Great to have you along and in the same boat as the rest of us. We're keen to hear other's stories and to support one another through this crazy time. As for the Diet Coke, I sneak one in occasionally now but try to avoid. Other than that, wine is still on the list if I'm not on the TWW so I'm far from being the perfect conceiver

Great to hear from you Wunsi. Keep in touch with how you're getting along, it's great to know you've made progress and hope the BFP isn't far away!

I just saw the anaesthetist and he was lovely so that's made me feel better about Friday. He was also really positive with stories of others who've had the lap and then conceived quickly. He reckons it can flush fallopian tubes out as they look around and can be a help to TTC. So I'm taking all the positives I can get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF showed!! At least I know I still have a cycle....even if it's 2 weeks later than ever before. Never been so happy to see AF

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm almost 36 too, I live in the Illawarra area, and we've just started the road to #3 with the removal of my Implanon rod yesterday.

Interesting to read about the dairy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooznie View Post
    Hi! I'm almost 36 too, I live in the Illawarra area, and we've just started the road to #3 with the removal of my Implanon rod yesterday.

Interesting to read about the dairy!
    Welcome Tooznie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I'm 39 and live in regional VIC. Have only started TTC, am just coming up to my third month of TTC, cd10. Even though still early days, am coming to terms with the fact that I did not fall preggers straight away and trying to stop being too obsessive about my ovulation cycle Hard not to be though. We spend so much of our lives trying not to get pregnant, to be on the flipside is a whole new kettle of fish!
    Have started using OPKs, Ovunow brand. Not sure how well they work, as I never really got the whole line as dark as/darker than control. Anyone used any other brands that they recommend? I heard some women have LH levels that don't get high enough for some of these OPKs to detect.
    So, anyway, at the moment I am veering between doing OPKs and just trying to follow my GPs advice of relax, have fun, and get BDing on cd12, 14 and 16. I also currently have a weird gut idea that if I don't drink coffee on the days I'm TTC it might increase my chances of getting pregnant.... and this will be tough because my morning coffee is a ritual and I don't know how I will wake up without it!
    Anyway, hi to all, look forward to chatting with others

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone, especially the newbies. The more the merrier although will be happy to see a few more graduates..

Good luck on Friday Nat hope it goes well and good luck on the IVF cycle wusi
    and keep hanging in there Erin

Petulia, my hubby and I often laugh that if we had of known how difficult it was to get pregnant it may have changed our behavior over the years. After working so hard for so many years not to have a bub it seems strangely ironic now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Petulia! Nice to read you're in regional Vic. I'm in the country too. Do you have any difficulties accessing medical help or are you in a larger centre? I'm in a small town so sometimes it means a lot of travel.
    As for OPKs. I use the ones from pregnancyshop.com.au They seem to be good for me. I get an obvious dark line. I usually test in the early afternoon (on my lunchbreak) and try not to drink water or anything for a couple of hours before. Apparently the afternoon is best for testing. I hope this helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, welcome Petulia, Tooznie and Chats.

On recommendation from Nat256 I got OPK's from pregnancyshop.com.au too, and they have worked just fine for me.

As for me today. I am 14dpo and I've had a big bbt drop today so I'm expecting AF is on her way for me today. I feel totally OK about it though. This first month of temping has been a good experience and I've learnt a lot about my cycle that I didn't know before. (Even though I did meltdown a bit when I couldn't tell if I O'ed or not...but that is sorted now)

You guys have been making me guilty with your giving up of coffee and Diet coke. I haven't done either of those things! I need to start cutting back. Bought caffeine free Diet Coke at the supermarket yesterday to start the weaning process...hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    Vivre, it is ironic. Good you can laugh about it.
    Nat, it's not too bad accessing medical help. It can be hard getting to see someone good due to waiting lists, but there seems to be a varietyIt's not so much a case of everyone knowing everyone, but definitely one degree of separation at times!
    I have a thermometer but not temping yet - seems so complicated.
    Erin, I haven't given it up yet, they say it takes a day to leave your system, so today is my last coffee this week... that's the theory anyway!
    Do you ladies get the bulk one step OPKs from pregnancyshop.com.au or the forelife ones? Is it a problem that they have such high sensitivity of 10mlU/m? Do they give you a positive on days leading up to O or just on the day you're surging?
    Sorry for all the questions... Erin, it's hard not to have a meltdown, so much focus on such a little window of time, and then it's gone again for another month!!!