Closed Thread
Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All the talk about pregnancy tests was enough to send me out for this month. Although it would have been fab to avoid the operation there is lots of positives (not 1 naprogesic consumed) and extended cycle so I cant be too disappointed.

All focus now on the lap surgery. The hospital rang yesterday to confirm the details for week after next so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bad luck Vivre. Looks like we're back to being lap buddies then. I'll be able to let you in on how recovery goes, I'm booked in for next Friday (assuming AF doesn't turn up at the wrong time). That is good news about your longer cycle, I'm hoping for that after lap too....though not as long as this month!!

I still have no sign of AF coming. My temps are sky high too, so that's annoying. Higher than they've ever been before or after O. I assume this means my hormones are all out of whack since the blood test was negative, that's only a guess of course.

Good luck Maddy40!!! We look forward to hearing how you go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its weird isn't it? I keep wondering what genius invented the human body as for a lot of the time it doesn't make sense

Im happy with my results from my acupuncturists. I didnt realise how much my cycle was all over the place before all of this. I just thought I was roughly around a month apart but based on my temps and mapping exercise its been far from steady.

My lap is booked for Tuesday week and I found this article which seems like a lot of common sense

http://www.endo-resolved.com/laparoscopy_advice.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, felt like chatting to someone and you are the ones who get what this experience is all like!

Now that FF seems to have decided that I did actually ovulate, I have gone from not thinking about the TWW to straight back into enthusiastic symptom spotting. AF is due in about 3-4 days.

I'm not really having any obvious PG symptoms so I'm readying myself for a BFN and starting to plan what I might do differently next month. I find that helps me deal with the disappointment. I like to have a plan!

Have any of you tried switching from low fat dairy to full fat? Just curious as there seems to be a bit of evidence that it is helpful for fertility. Something to do with improved ovulation. I'm going to give that a go, along with getting my fibroid situation assessed. I will probably have the AMH blood test too.

Good luck to Nat256 and Vivre going in for your laparoscopy ops soon. I will be thinking of you and hoping it makes a big and quick difference.

Have a good weekend. Bye for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mrs ErinR, good luck with the wait. Stay positive and I hope you get a great result. We never know when our moment will come and hopefully yours is this week!!
    I haven't tried the dairy idea. I'd be willing to give it a go though. I don't eat much dairy (probably should more) so it wouldn't be a big change for me, only milk on cereal and some cheese. Don't know if it would affect me much. My new cheese making hobby is from full fat milk so when my camembert is aged there'll be lots of dairy!!! I'm really keen on knowing more about the AMH test after the laproscopy.

Vivre - that article is fantastic, thank you SO much. I've tried not to use the internet too much so I didn't get the horror stories about the lap, but getting good info like this is great. I really appreciate it. I must admit I'm getting a little worried though. It seems like a bit bigger deal recovering than I'd thought.
    How long have you been told to set aside for recovery? I'm having mine Friday and assumed I'd easily be back at work Tuesday. I don't work weekends or Mondays, so it's only the Friday off work. Does this sound right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nat and vivre, I've been still keeping an eye on this thread and thought I might chime in with the lap/HyCoSy convo. I had mine in March and was petrified of the IV part of it, not the actual surgery (odd, I know) but I'd never had a general before so was very nervous.

I had mine on around CD22. I had no bleeding after and AF showed on time the following week. I have a fairly physical job and the gyno wasn't rapt in how early I was going back, but I had already organised things that way. My surgery was on the Thursday and I went back on the following Tuesday. My co-workers commented on my grey appearance and I must admit I felt a little 'not myself' until the Thursday.

Post surgery the gas in your abdomen can be quite uncomfortable, but I was lucky and didn't get the shoulder tip pain. The bloating was quite amusing to look at though! I was just amazed at how a 1cm cut in my abdominals affected my movement. It was ouchy, but not really painful. I must admit I used the pain relief every 4-6 hours religiously for 4 days to counteract any pain onset and I think that really helped too, don't be afraid of pain killers!

Anyway, enough said, good luck to the two of you with your laps, and I hope you get some answers so you can move forward.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    My FS told me about a week off work post recovery of the surgery. I have slow healing generally though so she is probably being cautious with me
    She said it may depend on what they find when they are in there. If it ends up being diagnostic apparently the recovery is quite quickly, if they have to remove the endo it depends on how much so I guess there isn't any clear on answer

Its great to hear a tale of someone who has been through it. Any luck since
    Wunsi?

Hi Erin, havent tried the dairy but ive read lots similar. Providing everything is ok post lap, Ive decided for the 3 months after the lap when in theory everything is at its most prime i'm going to try and be as healthy as possible.
    Ive given up caffeine for the last month and replaced with green tea and I feel a lot better, so willing to do short time pain for long time gains

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a lap too. For me, the anaesthetic made me feel a bit wonky for a while. And like Wunsi said...the cut was a bit 'ouchy' but not too bad. I didn't have shoulder pain. I had a week off work but I felt pretty good after a few days. Mine was just exploratory though so maybe not as intrusive.

Some nurse friends told me not to be brave...and to take painkillers if you need them. Just also be careful as codeine can make you constipated which also isn't too great obviously! I think I was taking some metamucil to offset that.

I am starting my full-fat dairy today. I don't have much dairy either Nat256. Just on my cereal and in coffee (I also need to try to cut back caffeine! maybe should try Green Tea like Vivre). I don't eat cheese, but I'm loving the idea of having an excuse to eat ice-cream and/or full fat yoghurt...woohoo!

I'm at 12dpo today. No AF as yet....due Wed according to FF. Temps are still high.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MrsErinR!

Thanks for the info re: lap everyone. It's been good to get my head around preparing myself. I've still been considering whether to book Tuesday off work as well, just in case. I need to organise a replacement, which isn't easy in our area, so I'm hesitant to leave it until the last minute. And since I have over 150 available paid sick days accumulated, perhaps it's time to use one!

I have an appointment with my anaesthetist today, which I'm sure will be 150km drive for a 5 minute appointment, as they are. Oh well, it's all part of the process. Still no AF but my temperatures have finally dropped from their record highs. I really hope AF doesn't show this week now but if it does I'll just have to see what the doc says about operating.

On the green tea, I feel like I should give it a go. I did it for a while a few years ago but didn't really enjoy it. I only have one cup of coffee a day and have given up the Diet Coke since TTC. At this stage anything is worth a shot though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I'm almost 36 and live in Sydney. I don’t have any TTC friends who are over 35, and it would be great if I could join you here!

I just got into TWW yesterday after bunch of FSHs + hCG as I have problem with ovulation (never get ovulated naturally). Well, I still don't know if I was ovulated or not...

Impressed with people giving up their favourite foods/drinks! I drink diet coke often but should really give up, too....