Closed Thread
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone mind if I join this thread? Sometimes it would be nice to talk, as most of my friends think I'm crazy. TTC number 4, doing the Sperm Meets Egg Plan, having acupuncture and drinking the Chinese herbs. Also using OPKs. Will ovulate around Christmas Day. Have had 2 MC this year, one in February and one in August, lost both babies at 8 weeks. To all those ladies that are over 35, don't give up because I fell pregnant at 44 and 45! Lots of luck to everyone trying to conceive in December!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Well I think we're 9DPO but not sure as it's a bit all over the place this month. I couldn't resist testing this morning because my temperatures have been climbing so I was hoping this was a good sign. Of course it's BFN. We only BD once in our ideal time this month so it would really be a fluke if we were that lucky.

As for Christmas questions RoRo, yes my hubby's family are bound to be looking out for any sign, although with our age I think we get hassled less than his younger brothers and sisters about having children. I think they think we're past it!

By the way, I agree with you about having travelled etc in our 20s and 30s and being ready for the commitment of kiddies. It is a good feeling knowing that I don't have regrets for what I haven't done so far. It's nice to be established and be able to enjoy it if it happens without too much financial stress or missing out. Now we just need the little bundle!

Good luck Meg2!!! Let us know how you go
    NAT256, don't give up hope for December yet if you are only 9DPO and your temps are still high, there is still a chance.

I agree with the centiments about living life in your 20s etc. We didn't just have kiddies when everyone else was. we waited to start trying when we were ready and i think we are happier for it. Still it doesn't make the TTC wait any easier does it.

Good luck Meg2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds promising Nat.

I'm about 12 DPO, AF is due from Wednesday. I have resisted doing a test and will wait till I am a few days late. I have no idea why I am resisting doing a test. I guess if I was having sypmtoms I would do one, but I am not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Minnie! Welcome along!

Question for you gals: despite my BBTs usually being a bit chaotic, up until this month they've shown a definite drop when AF arrived and then a vague upward trend somewhere near the middle of the month. This month, AF arrived on Thursday and my temps are still sky high - in fact the highest I've seen in the four months I've been charting. AF was three days early and was a bit weird... shorter than usual, brighter red (tmi, sorry).

Has anyone seen this before? Am tempted to take a HPT to see if AF was actually implantation bleeding...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MinnieP

I have no idea RoRo, sorry. Can't hurt to do a test though, at least it will put your mind at ease one way or the other.

I'm officially out for this month - AF showed up today . Oh well, back to square one for me I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome MinnieP, you give me hope too!! I love hearing about women who have conceived at my age and later. Thanks!

Sorry to hear you're out for this month Meg2.

RoRo, I'd test, it can't hurt and it does sound odd. Let us know if you do.

Byline, as the months go by I'm testing less and less and holding out hope for a bit longer each month. This month I've tested only once but in my first month I was tempted nearly every day!

My temps were high but today nosedived like never before. Still.....I'm gonna hold out some hope because I could only be 10DPO (not sure) and it IS Christmas!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I caved and did a test this morning as my temp was still high (dropped a bit but still above the coverline). And it's a faint positive! First time I've ever seen that + in the window!

I'm not convinced though - it was pretty faint - so I'm going to sit tight and test again on Christmas Day. Then if it's still a BFP I'll give DH a Christmas present :-)

Thank goodness for anonymous online forums ... I'd go mental if I couldn't talk to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay RoRo!! Congrats!.

It's so nice to hear the good news stories - I think it might be my favorite thing about this forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WOW RoRo! That's fantastic news!
    What an amazing Christmas present! I agree Meg2, it is definitely one of the best things to hear the good news. It makes me twice as excited for the day that our BFP comes.
    Keep us posted RoRo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not counting any chickens yet... as I said, it was pretty faint. I'm just sitting here and obsessing until I feel it's okay to test again. I have no symptoms, unless you can count mainlining chocolate. And I always do that.

to everyone else about to test.