Closed Thread
Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat256, you're not being bratty, it's ok to be feeling down. My cousin is pregnant and due in June and she was so worried that I was going to really upset and we just sat down and had a talk. I told her I am really happy and excited for her but at the same time I was really sad and even jealous that I wasn't pregnant. And then within a month I found out 2 of my other friends are pregnant and when I think of them I get really deflated. It's just normal to feel that way and I'm sure given a bit of time it won't hurt so bad. {{{{hugs}}}}

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelbutterfly For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for the support. I suppose these feelings surprise me because I didn't think I'd be the type to let it worry me. But I've managed well today and I'm feeling a lot more positive about enjoying my evening tonight and being happy for my colleague. Thank you so much for the messages!

I think you're right Meg2, that number "35" seems to be such a hype that I've worried myself. I asked hubby why he doesn't seem so pressured and he reminded me that his two younger brothers were conceived when his mum and dad were our age. I was quite surprised actually. I hadn't even thought about it and all my worry about being too old as parents is probably unfounded when I look at his parents who still don't seem too old to have sons that age and are around for grandkids etc. It's all perception isn't it?

My New Years resolution will be to look positively on our age! Anyone else got a good resolution??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I got a BFP today and couldn't be happier (and nervous too). The past two moths I tried the sperm meets egg method and this last month visited the acupuncturist too. I think that they definitely helped ESP since I o'd around day 18 whic I didn't know before.

Good luck to all you ladies & don't give up. I hope to see you all in a pregnancy thread soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is brilliant news!!!! Congratulations!!! Hope to meet you in the pregnancy thread soon. Enjoy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wahey, congrats kdgirl!

Nat, I know how you feel and I've also got worries in the other direction : my sister in law has been TTC for well over a year now with no luck, and I'll feel bad if I get pregnant before she does :-/ especially as she's younger than I am.

In most ways though I feel good about my age: DH and I have lived our 20s and 30s to the full and travelled and so on, and we are ready for the massive change that a bub would bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations kdgirl

I feel good about my age as well. Sometimes I think if I have a child now I will be at a certain age when the child is 10. Then my partner tells me I feel however old I want to feel. He is right, If I feel young, then it doesn't matter how old I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful news, kdgirl! Continuing to cross fingers and toes for us all in this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats kdgirl, that's fantastic!!

I'm holding my breath that AF stays away for me too. I'm due today, so I'm nervously waiting (don't want to test too soon - I have this strange feeling that that will jinx me somehow).

Thanks
    Reviews
    So byline, NAT256, how are you going?

I'm counting the days til CD 8 to start the Sperm Meets Egg plan again and do it properly this month - no going away for work this time!

for Meg2 - welcome to the thread

And are we all preparing our answers for when we get that dreaded question at Christmas: "so, when are you guys going to start having babies?". I wish I knew how to answer that one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I think we're 9DPO but not sure as it's a bit all over the place this month. I couldn't resist testing this morning because my temperatures have been climbing so I was hoping this was a good sign. Of course it's BFN. We only BD once in our ideal time this month so it would really be a fluke if we were that lucky.

As for Christmas questions RoRo, yes my hubby's family are bound to be looking out for any sign, although with our age I think we get hassled less than his younger brothers and sisters about having children. I think they think we're past it!

By the way, I agree with you about having travelled etc in our 20s and 30s and being ready for the commitment of kiddies. It is a good feeling knowing that I don't have regrets for what I haven't done so far. It's nice to be established and be able to enjoy it if it happens without too much financial stress or missing out. Now we just need the little bundle!

Good luck Meg2!!! Let us know how you go