Closed Thread
Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Meg, wonderful news!

welcome MrsErinR

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Meg2! That's awesome and inspiring for the rest of us to keep going . How long had you been trying, in the end?

Welcome Erin! Fx for a honeymoon baby for you and congratulations on your wedding!

Sorry I've been absent - busy at work. I'm now on CD15 of my first cycle on Clomid, and I think I'm ovulating today based on o pain, but have had no EWCM yet so I'm not sure. DH and I are BDing every day on doctor's orders - luckily only one more day to go or I might kill him through exhaustion :-O.

Further to everyone's thoughts about ttc - I've been thinking about this off and on too over the past months. Having a child will be such an enormous change to my lifestyle (and let's face it, more to mine than to DH's). While I really do want kids, I'm not looking forward to giving up travel, spontaneous dinners and dancing, sleeping in, spending all my money on me and DH, and most of all, I'm really not looking forward to not working! I love my career and my job and I spend a lot of time working. I've spent the last sixteen years building my career and it's taking off, and having babies is going to set it back by years. But there will never be a good time to take a career break, will there? (I'll miss the money too. DH earns a decent amount but so do I, and losing half our household income will hurt).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all for your kind welcomes. Congrats Meg2.
    I am learning a lot from reading this forum thread and going through all the things you guys mention when you first start ttc.

No real indication of a honeymoon baby although I'm keenly aware of very cramp, pain, abnormal feeling right now....even though they probably mean nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

It's so heartwarming to hear everyone's story. I'm 36+. My hubby is 41. I hope my own experience can be a point of reference if anyone needs it. I guess at this age, we dont want to waste anytime and we want to get help as soon as we know we might need it.

I conceived after 6 months of trying. I had a 26 day menstrual cycle that goes like clockwork so I thought it would be easy to count the ovulation days. 2 months after TTC I went to the doc to do a full medical checkup including an ultrasound to make sure I don't have any condition that might make it harder, e.g. cysts. Nip any problem in the bud you know, if possible. I asked the doc how do I increase my chances and he said to just have a happy marriage and don't stress yourself up.

On Chrismas day my period was 2 days late so I did a home test which of looked positive I showed hubby but my period came the next day. I wasn't too upset. After all, I sort of accepted that post 35 it will be harder. And I cannot so easily "just have a happy marriage" like the doc advised!

Trying and getting hubby to commit can indeed make things unhappy. Anyhow I tried to be in tune with my body and used the consistency of discharge as an indication of ovulation. I guess your body does things it needs to do when its time for it.

A few weeks ago on our vacation in Tassie the home kit tested postive. This time I waited 3 days after my period was due before I dared to test!

I saw my GP last week and the urine test confirms I'm 7 weeks now.

Thanks for listening. Its feels good to share especially since I have to keep mum from everyone until the first trimester is over. Thank goodness for forums!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya all - oh my goodness I forgot my password and it has taken me ages to get it all sorted. I've been wanting to say so much and then I was blocked because I tried my password 5 times. Anyway I have been reading the whole time. Welcome to the newbies and I hope everyone else is okay.
    Hmm I'm realising that stress has a lot to do with this baby making caper so my current venture is to reduce stress in my life! I have missed a couple of months ttc at the right time as I have been a stress head at work and bringing my crap home with me! Not good all round! I've made some positive changes and seeking some professional help to deal with stress so it's looking a lot brighter.
    It's good to be back on the forum!
    Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm back it has been a while. Had a lot of stress in our lives with family of should I say brother problems) to the extent I was receiving death threats and also had our car maliciosly damaged so sort of withdrew from a lot of things. I'm not pregnant. After all that was going on with my body went to the dr and he said most prob because of having implanon in for so long and with the lupus my body just got confused. My cycles all have settled down one month it is 27 days then the next it is 21 days. Any way though I check in and will be back later but my little brother (the good one lol) has just turned up with his family so talk soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilu - Great story! Thanks so much for sharing. It's certainly positive inspiration!

Welcome back to those who've been busy or password inhibited great to see that you're all around.
    RoRo - I know what you mean about the worries. It's certainly hard to give up a career that you've worked so hard for. I'm in the same boat. Whilst I'm a bit past the 'career climb' I do love keeping my brain active with my job. I was with a friend the other day who is in the same job and has just had a bub. She was telling me that she is finding the days a bit 'mind numbing' at the moment at home with bub. While she adores being a mum, she misses having outside contact with adults and misses her job and all that went with it. It's a big part of who we are.
    Dandelion5 - Well done on the positive moves to reduce stress. Great to have you back!!
    Angelbutterfly - wow, sounds like difficult times family wise but I hope things settle down with this, and your cycles, soon.

As for me....9DPO and waiting to see what this week brings, either AF or great news by the end of the week. Bring it on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I've been away for the past few days so haven't been checking the thread. In answer to the earlier questions; Roro, in total we were trying 7 months. I never used any OPK so picking my O day was a bit hit and miss, which may have meant that I missed the timing a few months in there. As for symptoms, well the only thing I had was slightly sore breasts, around the side closest to my armpits. It really was very slight and I was pretty sure that it was all in my head before I took the HPT. I still don't have any other symptoms and I'm now 5 weeks.

I'm wrapped that I finally got my BFP, but DH is really freaking out about it. I thought he was over all his issues as he'd been keen during the TTC stage, but he's pretty stressed about it now. To be honest, the first day that I told him was the worst, and he's become a bit more relaxed over the past week. We've started making some plans for some minor renovations that we want to do before the LO comes along, and I think that has made him feel a little bit more in control. I'm sure we'll be fine, but it did put a bit of a downer on my celebrations!

Good luck for the end of the week Nat256

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry got cut short yesterday. Well I'm back. The dr said after my body getting confused for a while all is well. I'm ovulating ok and my cycles are pretty stable and regular. So it's just baby dancing at the right time and keeping fX for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Meg2, you've made me get all excited now as I have slightly sore breasts at the sides too, but really nothing else...haha. But, I will know more in a few days I guess when AF is supposed to arrive!

Its amazing how aware I am of every slight pain....quite possibly a big hypochondriac right now through wishful thinking.

Erin