Closed Thread
Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

Well, it's been a long weekend. On Friday morning we got a call to say that our new nephew had been born and was well, but his mother was not - she was in the ICU after suffering a brain aneurysm. Surgery on the weekend went well, but it'll be a while till she recovers and we know if there is any permanent damage. In the meantime, she's missing out on the first precious days with her newborn, and her husband is also trying to balance visiting the new baby with his wife. All terrible and completely undeserved - one of those things that is horribly unfair. I guess it's also been a reminder that getting pregnant is not the end of the battle.

Sorry for the downer - been bottling it up all weekend and needed to vent! Still, we're feeling pretty relieved by comparison to a few days ago - at least we now know that the prognosis appears to be positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo - I can see that you have posted but can't find the actual post on here. For some reason it isn't showing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh there it is. Sorry about that.
    What horrible news for you and yours! I really hope your sisterinlaw recovers quickly so she can have every moment with her little one. What a thing to go through Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and to this family who are already enduring so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat256. They beat the odds to fall pregnant in the first place, so we're hoping that she'll do the same with this and come out unscathed. She's a very determined person and hopefully that determination will still be there over the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a happy note, does bub have a name yet Gentoo? Or are they waiting for mum to be okay before announcing? I love hearing name ideas in the hope of needing them one day It sounds like the little fella won't be short on love while mum recovers, you're obviously a most caring family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No name yet - he's still TBA! They'd picked out three names (still secret) but were going to decide which suited him best once he was born. BIL doesn't want SIL to miss out on the decision (especially sincehe's #1 and there now won't be any more kids), so is waiting till she's able to communicate. In the meantime, we're all using bub's nickname from when he was in utero. Poor munchkin - everyone's happy he's arrived, but at the same time their happiness is tempered by sadness at his mum's condition. It seems unfair to him that no-one is able to celebrate fully. Still, I'm sure that his mum and dad will make up for it once this is over - he'll be a very treasured child.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 30-04-2012 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, sorry to hear about your sister in law. Hopefully it won't be toon long till she is holding her son in her arms. Was she aware she had an anueurysm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, hope you sis-in-law recovers soon & Im sure the baby will be the most spoilt on earth..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo hope your sister in-law recovers soon that's terrible news.

Thanks for the information on making the taste better for the herbs Vivre think I'll just stick to the OJ it was warm yucky ha ha...

How did your test results go Roro?

Well I'm counting down to conceive but at the moment but kind of in two minds about it, my dh and I are searching for a new house and it is amazing how less of a mortgage you have with kids. Also have been searching for a new job our resort has been sold so not sure if I will have a job in the next couple of months, sure everything will be ok, but thinking would like a 9-5 job anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your good wishes. Nope, the aneurysm came as a complete surprise - just one of those things where the odds of it happening are very low, but someone ends up being the unlucky one. She's been able to talk a little today and hold the baby a little, so it's looking positive.