Closed Thread
Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Roro. I know you're right about the Ob. I thought the same. I think I'm just chickening out. No we still haven't had a good night's sleep. Gracie, the pup, has required 3 hourly attention so I've been up and down all night to protect the neighbour's ears! The good news is that last night when I was in a tizz over her not settling, hubby was great and it made me think he'll probably be great for my sanity when a bub comes along. Yes, she's chocolate brown and gorgeous (however I'm biased...) I'll post a pic when I figure out how.

Meg2 - having dogs already would definitely be a challenge with bub. But hubby's kelpie has settled right down around our pup at the moment so hopefully he'd be the same with a new family member and maybe yours would too. They seem to know to be gentle.

Good luck to all for this month We must be due a BFP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    I'm not sure I can say we're having a problem, just being hopeless! I'm torn as to whether to go as all our results have come back good and I'm sure he'll just say "hey, how about you DTD???!!!" as a solution.
    LOL That's where we are going wrong. We thought we were set with a bbt and opk's but there was one thing we were forgetting I agree with Roro though, keep the appointment. I'm sure the day after you pay a lot of money, you will get your BFP. Don't they say the best way to fall pregnant is to go in to debt.

Nat you must post a picture of Gracie soon. We need something to coo over until we start posting pics of our bubs.

I've had my knee surgery. It's not painful, just awkward with limited mobility. I hate lying on the couch. I thought I would enjoy it, but I go tover it the first day I was home from hospital.

Good luck with the suprise attack Roro. I'm thinking of doing it next month. His birthday is in May, just got to come up with other suprise reasons. If I told him what I was up to, I think he would be a bit put off by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat my Graves disease isn't to serious it can be fixed with medication, it has a few symptoms though the best one being weight loss, great over the easter break eating all that chocolate http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000358.htm I agree with the other ladies you should go to your appointment and we all can't wait for your pic of your new puppy!

Byline hope your knee gets better soon, think I would go a little crazy sitting on the couch too!

Roro good luck with your surprise jumping, hope you have a nice weekend away sounds like it will be fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Post a pic of the puppy ASAP, I am dog crazy, love love love love love them.

We got a puppy for a wedding present to each other and I must admit if we'd got pg at time we thought I would've had my hands full. She's nearly 2 now and they stay puppy stage til 5. I knew this as have had 5 of this breed before, but still didn't think baby + puppy = hard work.

Even funnier I had planned, in my head, puppy, 1yr later baby, then puppy then next bub, all within 4-5yrs. Oh dear, how delusional was I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_4543_1_1_1.jpg

I hope this works. Here is Gracie pup!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

byline  (26-04-2012),wunsi  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too too cute. Love her. Have fun with her

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat that puppy is gorgeous! Thanks for the welcome! Good luck with your OB appointment. This is my third month of ttc & I'm just coming to terms with the roller coaster of feelings every month!! I'm glad to find this post cos I realize it's a normal part of the process!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to green tea For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness, that is about the most adorable little puppy that I've every seen. Look at her little tummy! She is beautiful.

I don't know if this is necessary as everyone seems to have a pretty good attitude to TTC at the moment, but last week AF came and I was pretty down, so I did a bit of internet searching to try to get some facts about fertility levels for over 35s and I just thought I'd share what I found. A lot of the scientific papers that try to quantify the effect of aging on fertility have so many confounding factors that it is very hard to come up with any conclusive evidence (unfortunately you are not allowed to do controlled fertility experiments on people). But one paper in Science (a very prestigious scientific journal) did a review of a number of studies and found that the reduction in fertility for women over 35 had most likely been exaggerated. For example, when they controlled for the length of time that a couple was married for, they found that women in their mid-late thirties were about 90-99% as fertile as those in their mid twenties. The logic of controlling for length of marriage was the assumption that couples have sex less often if they had been married for a long time. (The data they used was from a Mormon population - so no contraception being used). Another paper reported the average age at last birth for women in a number of historic populations (again, no contraception available) and found that most of them were in their 40s. The main issue facing women over 35 was that it takes a couple of months longer to conceive once you reach mid to late 30s (around 8 months on average), but the overall rates of conception are very similar. Sorry, I know this post is a bit long-winded (and potentially boring), but it made me feel a bit better. So many of the unscientific, magazine style website seem to indicate that there is a real problem if you leave things until after 35, whereas in reality it is really quite normal to do so and not very likely to cause any problems.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting info Meg2. My doctor agreed with that wholeheartedly when I went there for pre-conception tests etc. I was a bit down about our chances and she said that other things have far more of an effect on fertility than being over 35. One such thing was weight. She said that being a normal healthy weight gave us a far better chance than someone in their 20s who was carrying extra weight. Also, having a very regular predictable cycle is a factor that gives us a better chance than many younger women with more erratic cyles. Also, having a healthy active lifestyle, eating well etc. I don't know if she has based this on scientific proof but she was adamant that the number had been exaggerated when other things hadn't been so prominent in media etc.

In our case, as I wrote the other day, actually DTD is probably our worst factor. I still feel really confident that everything is physically great with us and we have every chance of conceiving, we just need to get better at focussing our timing better and not letting our lives get in the way of timing each month. This seems to be hard when we are busy people with lots on the go and I think perhaps we are having difficulty adjusting our lifestyle to accommodate this necessary 'routine'. I think this is partly an age thing where we are pretty set in our ways of what we enjoy doing, travelling etc and don't necessarily make the necessary adjustments to fit with our cycle. I'm probably more inclined to make it happen at the right time than hubby who still has an "it'll happen" attitude to conceiving. Getting him to take it super seriously is still difficult because he is almost too confident that it will just happen.

I find it really interesting the part you wrote about the last birth of women. So often we focus on when women first had children but in fact when I look around, just amongst my own peers, the last one is often later in their 30s or even early 40s. I don't think this gets noticed as much as having the first at this age.

Interesting info. Well done! Oh and I agree, Gracie is clearly THE most perfect puppy ever to have lived In fact right now I barely care about babies because she is giving me all the nurturing and cuddle time I need....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Nat56: OMG your puppy is adorable. I have a black lab who I was raising for Guide dogs. Now he is mine cause he was too strong and boisterous for a blind person. They tend to be very mischievous until about 2 yrs. He is 12 mths. Too cute.

Hang in there ladies, I am 45 and still believe I will be pregnant. I too have a thyroid problem but just received my results and it is now under control, thanks to my naturopath. I had my 1st acupuncture yesterday and am feeling optimistic that my next FET will be BFP. My GP did BT last week and everything is functioning well other than FSH due to being POF. I just need to see my FS now and then hopefully do FET mid May. We are all going to make it